Thread: So Ghuun LFR?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Good to see you get an infracted for this.
    Why? It was an accurate description.

Anyway,

LFR is LFR, it's always been the same, queue up, get in and afk. You'll get those types that try really really hard and turn up with fully buffed, sticking feasts down and wasting flasks, and then you get others that turn up and barely know how to wipe their own ass. When you get such a mix and spread of players it's never going to go smoothly.

As for G'huun, again it's LFR, but just a handful of people ignoring mechanics can cost you. These folks should at least be reading for lethal things to act on so they don't look like complete vegetables, it's really not difficult. LFR exists just to see the content, and whilst it does reward loot it's not as if it is of a high ilvl, it pretty much only exists to give the players who can't raid; for their various reasons, a chance to look at the bosses, fights and mechanics.

That being said, on the day the LFR G'huun wing launched, pretty early on in the day, I shit you not, there was some complete tool in the group I joined full on raging after the first wipe (think we downed it on the 4th attempt once people acted on the debuff and whatnot). Honestly he was full nerd raging, he was either out of Red Bull or he just needs to avoid LFR, or both. His issue? And bear in mind this was literally within an hour of LFR being up, "have none of you retards done this before???". That is a direct quote from what he was saying in raid chat. I guess a couple of people may have done it on normal or heroic, but for the most part it's safe to assume that almost nobody had done the fight before.

Most of the time in LFR it's not the bosses that are the problem, it's people like this raging asshat and people too lazy to just read a couple of lines of text, classic LFR. In short, be prepared for a few wipes in the first few weeks while people dust their brains off.

7+ Year Old Account
    They really need to tune up the LFR difficulty. Decided to try it, at least the last one, because I wanted that quest done.

I noticed that Mythrax' ability that LOOKED like a "BEAM OF DEATH", wasn't really that bad. Pretty sure I could stand through the whole thing if I wanted to and not die. x_x

As for G'huun... eh, we "wiped" once because something happened and he reset. Still dunno how. After Otherwise, really nothing special.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when Archimonde released on LFR, that was a nice wipe fest

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    oh wow what a shock

lfr raiders dont show the same attitude as mythic nolifers.

really so surprising and shocking -_-

easy mode is called easy for a reason.
    That's literally what im not talking about. I'm saying people are toxic in there for completely opposite reasons, regardless of "skill level"
    Last edited by david0925; 2018-10-11 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosk View Post
    LFR isn't even worth doing, drops the same ilvl loot as mythic0. Why torture yourself in LFR?
    I like collecting transmog.

I ended up soloing like 4 sets of orbs as a mage (aka afking until shimmer cooldown came back lol.), then we wiped because no one dropped debuff stacks in the feast.

Managed to get 2 guys to volunteer to run every set of orbs, managed to get people to stack in feast, and I was able to carry dps once I wasn't doing orbs. Easier than previous lfr end bosses tbh.

That said.... there's too much potential to troll with the orbs. Just pick it up at the start and go afk and your team is stuck.

As a raider, I look at LFR as an easy way to get gear for alts. I'm always confused when raiders are surprised that their LFR group isn't at the caliber of their raid group. Especially week 1. Joining LFR the first week an encounter is available and expecting everything to go smoothly is just as asinine as thinking that everyone is going to know the fights. You're subjecting yourself to a PuG. If playing with casual players bothers you that much, stick to heroic and mythic. Nobody is making you do LFR.

Deleted
    MOP had the best LFR encounters considering the difficulty levels. Durumu, Garalon, Lei shen and Garrosh (all pre nerf) were decent from an LFR standpoint.

No LFR encounters after MoP really stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    But are we looking at a 3-4 Determination situation? 5? Less than 3?
    got 5 on my hunder be4 killign it 8 on my bear ppl dont wana learn orbs and a lot of ninja pulling

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    But are we looking at a 3-4 Determination situation? 5? Less than 3?
    Killed him with 5 yesterday. Seems simple enough though, so maybe we just had bad luck.

we one shot it

but yeah , prob because i joined with 4 alts of mythic raiders so we carried hard

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorn View Post
    How is it?
    Only experience so far is with a group that 1 shot Mythrax and then had 1 wipe on Ghuun because no one wanted to do orbs. Couple players decided they would do orbs on 2nd try and it became a very easy fight. Prio adds, dodge fear, ignore pretty much everything else and the boss will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Only experience so far is with a group that 1 shot Mythrax and then had 1 wipe on Ghuun because no one wanted to do orbs. Couple players decided they would do orbs on 2nd try and it became a very easy fight. Prio adds, dodge fear, ignore pretty much everything else and the boss will die.
    Pretty much what I would say as well.

I'll add, depending on the group, could be a few facepulls until you kick the idiots.

The fight is easy but you need a couple things

1) 2 people constantly running orbs ( can be the same two people )
    2) People learning to stack in the red to cleanse debuffs going into P3
    3) Healers not being garbage in P3

In the group I joined yesterday I came in after they had 1 determination and we killed it, but we literally had about 5 people alive. The healers seemed bad, and a few never cleansed their debuffs so they had 15+ stacks in P3 and died early.

Deleted
    Was not that bad, but on the other hand, it was Wednesday in EU (=start of the ID), so probably with people who at least can play decently. We had 2 wipes because many people did not know orb tactics, but after that, the boss died quite fast, though quite a few players failed fears.

I managed to 1 shot it early Tuesday afternoon on main to do the quest. I've heard horror stories though such as lusting on pull and no orb runners.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

i have Another question. what is the conection between BFA and uldir raid i mean the lore side ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I remember when Archimonde released on LFR, that was a nice wipe fest
    Haha, yes. Compared to that, G'huun is much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cln View Post
    i have Another question. what is the conection between BFA and uldir raid i mean the lore side ?
    Short answer because I don't want to spoil things: Play the storylines in Horde zones and the final scenario. Main plotlines there explain most bosses and why we actually go into Uldir.

Quote Originally Posted by zeidrich View Post
    LFR is a lot of players that are not prepared, or unaccustomed to certain behavior, but honestly, they're still able to accomplish tasks necessary to finish a fight like G'huun.

I'm glad that they left the majority of these mechanics in, because players will learn this stuff, and they'll get better, and they'll be able to build confidence to try some of these things in a Normal raid, and it will generally uplift them to a small extent.

I think it's a mistake to dumb the LFR encounters down to the point where you one-shot it the first time you try it. It doesn't do anyone any favors. LFR G'huun is really forgiving, but at the same time it teaches you all of the mechanics you need to know for normal G'huun. You want to learn to run orbs? You can do it in LFR, and get experience doing it. It's really exactly the same except you don't get the debuff so you can attempt multiple sides, and there's not as much damage that you have to worry about. Learn how Dark Bargain works, or at least when it MCs you. Learn what collapse looks like, etc.

MOTHER was hilarious on the first day she was released, and now my alts in LFR generally one-shot her. People generally get better as they get more exposure to the encounters. These are people who aren't going to go watch tutorial videos, so the only practice they get is through exposure, but that's OK, a few stacks of determination and a few tries to figure out WTF to do with orbs etc, and then you win.

For some players in LFR, they like the idea of raiding, but are afraid of making mistakes. Something like LFR at least lets them figure out the mechanics without being afraid of making errors (because it's just LFR).
    They hotfixed the MC on Dark Bargain out of LFR, I believe.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Which quest are people talking about ?