Thread: So Ghuun LFR?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Took me 6 tries to do that, had to manage orb with mage and me (priest). People had no clue what to do and wanted to kick each other... I guess Ghuun lfr is the hardest one if you have zero idea what to do
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It's LFR. Might as well just be a cutscene showing the content.
    Did you do lfr argus??? Groups were still wiping 6-7 6 months after it was released until 8.0

Something like that.

You know it's a fun boss fight when I resort to making macros that say all the mechanics after every wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Did you do lfr argus??? Groups were still wiping 6-7 6 months after it was released until 8.0
    No I don’t do LFR. I prefer to control who I spend my time with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    No I don’t do LFR. I prefer to control who I spend my time with.
    Well unfortunately people are either too stupid to do basic mechanics, or people are too lazy and think they dont have to cause its lfr, but sadly it was still common to consistently wipe on argus and stand in cone of death until 8.0. Lfr needs to be removed from the game, just let's people think they dont have to follow mechanics or put forth any dps

5+ Year Old Account
    Our LFR group 3-shotted it, once people understood the mechanics and a couple skilled players joined. DPS was all fine, and nobody died the whole fight.

All it takes is people wiping a couple of times to see how the fight goes, the orb runners knowing what they're doing, and otherwise the fight is not that bad at all. I enjoyed it even in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    But are we looking at a 3-4 Determination situation? 5? Less than 3?
    If you can get your orb runners assigned prior to starting it fight is not that bad. Really the bulk of the run is just staying alive while 4 people basically do the fight. Once all the orbs are handed in then burn him down for the win.

I'll definitely be using it to practice solo orb running.

Sounds like I'll be having a fun time this weekend. If it's a smooth run, all good, if it's a fail run, then I usually get my jollies watching people curse each other out and kick one another, funny stuff. I'm usually watching Sling while doing it anyway. lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Sounds like I'll be having a fun time this weekend. If it's a smooth run, all good, if it's a fail run, then I usually get my jollies watching people curse each other out and kick one another, funny stuff. I'm usually watching Sling while doing it anyway. lol
    All you need is a few people that stay and learn through half a dozen wipes. Then with the buff it becomes easier and easier and eventually people will do it easy. The critical part is the orb runners. Once that is down, it's all about people clearing the debuff and not dying to dumb things, and do enough dps. Really not that hard a fight.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't too bad when I did it on my rogue alt. Only one wipe, and that was mostly because of low DPS (low overall DPS combined with a lot of people dying near the end). DPS in that group was very low. We had one insanely geared fury warrior who was destroying the meters (lots of 370 stuff, so I'm not sure what he was even doing in LFR), but everyone else was quite low. #2 was me, on my crap geared rogue that I barely know how to play. If I'm anywhere in the top 5 on that character, you know the overall group's DPS is in a bad place.

That one ended up like a 4% wipe. The "here's +5% to everything" buff that LFR gives for wiping covered that in the next attempt, and we downed it fairly easily.

Although I imagine it could be ugly if people don't know what to do with orbs. Our group had orb runners who actually knew what they were doing. Everything else about that fight is fairly simple as long as you don't fuck up the orbs.
    Last edited by avitush; 2018-10-16 at 06:50 PM.

Careful, mention "LFR" on MMO-champion and all the MMO-champs are going to tell you how awful LFR is and how awful you are for playing it.

I haven't tried it on LFR myself, but endbosses in LFR tend to be significantly harder than the rest of LFR's general gameplay. That said, that isn't saying much. Ghuun like most end bosses might cause a wipe or two but probably won't be very difficult. Mechanics that are designed to be utilized by multiple players will probably be able to be done by a handful, etc. LFR seems to be designed around allowing a small amount of players carry a larger group, so Ghuun likely is the same.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-10-16 at 05:55 PM.

Got it on my first attempt on a Monday night (US) before reset, forgot to stab G'huun during regular raiding. Two people did the orbs fulltime, with a third person randomly going to check to make sure they were doing it, or at least I went and checked once and cleared a path for them. Went smooth only a few people got feared, and no one died. Really only annoying part was people not killing the worms and attacking the big guy instead. People even cleared stacks.

As long as two or three folks do orbs it is fine as the debuff wears off by the time you dunk and get to the other side. You can explain it pretty simple. "Worms > Big guy phase 1 stack for Gold Beam, Phase 2 kill G'huun stand in red circle stack for Gold Beam, Phase 3 look away when he casts Gaze. Save CDs for Phase 3. 3 people volunteer to run orbs."

I think mother is still worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Something like that.

You know it's a fun boss fight when I resort to making macros that say all the mechanics after every wipe.
    Better to be preemptive and use that macro before the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Nothing will ever come close to the absolute hilarity of Durumu LFR and Nazgrim LFR where the tactic was to get 10+ determination stacks because LFR raiders are blithering morons that even after 10 wipes still have no idea what to do and continuously wipe to the same mechanics. So the tactic was to get such a high damage percentage increase that the bosses would die really fast or die before the notorious death maze that Durumu summoned on his second phase.
    Elegon and Garalon are also prime contenders.

Deleted
    I did it yesterday. I liked that it was challenging in the sense that you needed to dodge orbs, and the dot in p2 could kill you.

Unfortunately i dont have too much time anymore to get geared for normal so LFR is all I've got to see the content, so it is nice to see a challenge instead of an afk fest.

Also, as a warrior, i was running orbs. I think the benefit was that i could safely experiment out how far i can get with my charges /heroic leap combo and not have to fail that on normal once i eventually get to that. The group got it after 7 wipes.

literally if you just solo orbs as any normal individual, you'll get it down..but you need to do ever single orb most likely.
    Or at least that was the case when i did it.