Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    So bear with me here as I'm constantly learning more about DH tanking, but when people speak of kiting, how does that look?
    Is it actually running/leaping way out of reach to completely avoid damage, or is it more like stutter stepping away partly avoiding incoming hits? or something else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    So bear with me here as I'm constantly learning more about DH tanking, but when people speak of kiting, how does that look?
    Is it actually running/leaping way out of reach to completely avoid damage, or is it more like stutter stepping away partly avoiding incoming hits? or something else?
    Depends on your group comp. As an individual it looks like getting some
    aggro then using chains and running away from the mobs to eat a few heals them go back in with Spikes. However with a Frost Mage it looks more like running around the pack in circles outside of melee range while they get blizzarded. With a Druid it’s asking him to cast treants, with a shaman it’s their cap totem, monk ring of peace and other times all you need is a healer CD like pally sacrifice. It’s just about making use of your situation. Kiting is a simplistic term. But it does just sometimes come down to running away yeh

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    When I say kiting, I mean mobs not attacking you, at least not the majority of them. It is basically running away/running in circles so that the mobs cant reach you

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Not on tyrannical and this week's combo, to be fair (if you get Eudora as friendly it's piss easy, otherwise no). Also, depends on how fast the dpses are in getting the bosses down, if your healer gets the barrel and can't heal, if the boss gets the buff etc.
    "not on tyranical"...

Please, those bosses don't hit hard at all you shouldn't be having much of an issue with them. The hardest hitting "boss" in the dungeon is the turtle mini boss on fortified since he benefits from it. He puts the 2nd boss to shame on tyranical regardless of if you got eudora or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    "not on tyranical"...

Please, those bosses don't hit hard at all you shouldn't be having much of an issue with them. The hardest hitting "boss" in the dungeon is the turtle mini boss on fortified since he benefits from it. He puts the 2nd boss to shame on tyranical regardless of if you got eudora or not.
    I'd say the sharks hit way harder than the turtle