Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I play outlaw fire disc at 2400 atm, for some reason everytime we met these 2 zerg comps we lose in the first 20-30 sec even with us peeling.

unholy, arms, resto sham (we try to stun them and kill dk but our healer dies through all cds) I know we should somehow kill their shaman but it has never worked yet)
    prot pala, ret pala, surv (what the hell is this?) They aoe bubble and our healer just dies?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ran feral rogue disc yesterday (allthough at low rating ~1600mmr) and we were killing healers way easier than usual.. Should be something better out there.. Fire RMP is arguably strong, but it's really only in the opener or 2 minute mark..

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrokovski View Post
    how do you even counter that?

any type of paladin counters it, as well as hybrid heals just focused on playing defensively through its burst window while you focus either the ret or third dps down. its a gimmick comp that falls off completely at the higher end.

Revisiting this, i'm now around 1900 and fire/sin generally has by far the most potential to instant-win. However I've started playing some fire/shadow priest and IMO it is a much stronger insta-gib comp than fire/rogue. You basically just stall until the mage can line up a greater pyro, priest void erupts/DA's (if enemy comp is slow enough dps you can afford that talent) and silences enemy healer and shadow word: death will almost always finish whatever happens to be left of the enemy HP bar. I think in 8.1 fire/shadow is going to be an exceptionally dangerous combo, and basically any of rdruid/rsham/monk/hpal should fit the combo too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    You can solo through 70% + 40% (87%) damage reduction?

8-10 man horde raids in WPvP can't even smash through that. Someone has to knock/grip/MC (move) you out of the barrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgwatson View Post
    Lol, while you're busy pressing all those globals, the enh has already solo'd you. GG
    Heh watching you 2 theory fight on the forums is fun.

I think we can all agree that it comes down to the players. It'll be tough for any healer to win against those 3 (your fear is useless against shaman's tremor and war's zerker rage).

It'll come down to whether you can survive their initial burst/CC before they kill your healer and that relies mostly on the player's skill on both sides and could also be determined by the map.

All I can say is, as a MW, I'm dead. Literally no way to survive that shit. Shaman just purge 90% of my heals away and I'll have no choice by to hard cast shit. Once my mobility is gone, I'm dead in literally 2 seconds.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama