Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Wildcard Gaming Hogging up leaderboard mythic charts

Wildcard Gaming is currently having all their raiders leave the guild and join TMsean's subscriber only guild with the sole intention of selling the top 100 ghuun title to buyers and with the purpose of marketing his twitch channel by allowing subscribers to join a top 100 8/8 guild.

Now raid boosting has never been a concern of mine, nor should it have been a concern of anyone else due to the fact that it doesn't affect them.

However, due to the fact that there are such a limited amount of slots available to claim the top 100 title. This is unfair as the same people are going to be taking up multiple spots.

How long until multiple guilds are "selling" the top 100 title? How long until the top 100 is really just 40-50 guilds maximizing profits ? Wildcard Gaming is proving how much $$$ there is to be made by the top 40 guilds next tier.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2018-10-10 at 12:48 AM.

Inc perama ban for all of Wildcard gaming rofl. Blizzard has really cut down against sales and especially towards *cough* ehem.. NA Guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    How long until multiple guilds are "selling" the top 100 title? How long until the top 100 is really just 40-50 guilds maximizing profits ? Wildcard Gaming is proving how much $$$ there is to be made by the top 40 guilds next tier.
    You can already sell the title easily by having the buyer join your mainguild and carry him through Cutting Edge, just like with any other Boss.
    The only difference here is that they are creating an extra guild that'll take the spot from another guild eventhough they wouldn't have to do that. They probably just don't want buyers in their Mainguild, which is kind off understandable but doesn't justify blocking a hall of fame spot IMO.

They should be allowed to do this. If they have the skill to carry a player or more towards the achievement, then let them do so. They're playing for the gold they're making.

There however should definitely be certain restrictions to this and they should come in the future.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-10 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They're playing for the gold they're making.
    To think they are getting paid in gold.

Wildcard Gaming is currently having all their raiders leave the guild and join TMsean's subscriber only guild with the sole intention of selling the top 100 ghuun title to buyers and with the purpose of marketing his twitch channel by allowing subscribers to join a top 100 8/8 guild.

Now raid boosting has never been a concern of mine, nor should it have been a concern of anyone else due to the fact that it doesn't affect them.

However, due to the fact that there are such a limited amount of slots available to claim the top 100 title. This is unfair as the same people are going to be taking up multiple spots.

I'm sure there is something in the ToS against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I'm sure there is something in the ToS against that.
    Why would there be anything in the ToS against creating a new guild with the same players? Other than obviously the "we can ban you for any or no reason" part.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Why would there be anything in the ToS against creating a new guild with the same players? Other than obviously the "we can ban you for any or no reason" part.
    That's the bit I had in mind. At any rate, we all know carries happen and Blizzard condones them, but actually selling a top100 spot with such impunity may just be too brazen.

Deleted
    He's the prototypical basement dwelling blowhard. Let him do what he wants, his 15 minutes of meaningless internet fame will pass as quickly as it came and all that's left for him then is an 86 viewer stream of a guy who is not employed, not in school playing games 16h/day and acting like a total dickhead in front of his Walmart webcam.

Deleted
    easy fix: players that already have a rank in top 100, in another guild, won't get or give the achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    easy fix: players that already have a rank in top 100, in another guild, won't get or give the achievement
    Apparently there's already something along those lines in place, Wildcard's 2nd guild didn't get Famed.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there's already something along those lines in place, Wildcard's 2nd guild didn't get Famed.
    Have they killed Ghuun since joining/making it?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Have they killed Ghuun since joining/making it?
    Yes, with the same characters as in the original kill. So it seems like there's some sort of restriction there.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

If more than 80% of the raid already has their names in the Hall of Fame, the kill won't grant a Hall of Fame entry

Fix'd

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    lol ye sure . nice joke.

all of best guilds sell run for money why do you think they got so many of their players banned .

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, with the same characters as in the original kill. So it seems like there's some sort of restriction there.
    rip - all $$$ they will have to transfer back to buyers i bet they already sold weeks in advance .

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    While I have my doubts about it, I didn't want to rush to conclusions without proof.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    While I have my doubts about it, I didn't want to rush to conclusions without proof.
    Real money transactions are way more common in top guilds than you may think.

Mainly because it's incredibly difficult for Blizzard to catch self play RMT boost. Especially in PvE content.

How do you distinguish a RMT boost from a bad trial ? How do you distinguish a RMT from a guild friend who is getting a free boost? How do you distinguish a RMT from a fan who may have won a boost giveaway via discord/twitch chat? Nothing is done via Blizzard chat so there is no proof of anything.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2018-10-10 at 05:14 PM.

If it's a twitch stream subs only guild, whom they're selling the achievements to, it could be considered RMT, as the sub is bought with something other than in game currency.

As aGit said above, since it’s a “sub only” guild, that’s RMT. To get carried you're required to pay a sub fee which takes real money.

Do people really not see that? It’s the same thing as saying “pay me 5$ over PayPal and watch this twitch stream”. It’s RMT and definitely bannable.

Pretty scummy way of doing things. If it works it works but that’s a channel that cant become successful on its own so uses methods like these to make money, not one that I’d watch or support. Surprised these guys have a sponsor over Limit, whose gotten better ranks for a while. Probably because limit doesn’t and hasn’t streamed anything related to progression.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-10-10 at 11:33 PM.

Real money transactions are way more common in top guilds than you may think.

Mainly because it's incredibly difficult for Blizzard to catch self play RMT boost. Especially in PvE content.

How do you distinguish a RMT boost from a bad trial ? How do you distinguish a RMT from a guild friend who is getting a free boost? How do you distinguish a RMT from a fan who may have won a boost giveaway via discord/twitch chat? Nothing is done via Blizzard chat so there is no proof of anything.
    Yeah, I agree completely with you. They should impose restrictions on this kind of boosting for the next tier, but it seems there's restrictions in place already.