Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Upcoming PvP Tuning, Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - October 9, Azerite Armor Improvements

Patch 8.1.0 PTR - Build 28048 VO

Patch 8.1.0 PTR - Build 28048

Upcoming PvP Tuning - Oct 10, 2018
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We've got another round of tweaks for PvP balance in the works, which we're planning to deploy tomorrow, October 10. Details are below:

General
    • Azerite Veins (Azerite Trait) duration reduced to 9 sec (was 18) when engaged in combat with enemy players.
    • Azerite Veins healing reduced by 33% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Frost
      • Frigid Grasp (Azerite Trait) is now removed from the Mage when Ice Form fades.
      • Intellect granted by Frigid Grasp (Azerite Trait) is reduced by 66% when gained by casting Ice Form (PvP Talent) to match its reduced cooldown.
      • Comet Storm damage reduced by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
      • Frostbolt damage increased by 15% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
    • Fire
      • Meteor damage reduced by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
      • Fireball damage increased by 15% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Assassination
      • All damage reduced by 6% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
      • System Shock (PvP Talent) damage reduced by 33%.

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    • Enhancement
      • All damage reduced by 5% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
      • Mana regeneration reduced by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
      • Healing Surge (Enhancement only) healing reduced by 33% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
      • Roiling Storm (Azerite Trait) additional Stormstrike damage now diminishes per stack when in combat with enemy players.

Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes - October 9, 2018
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raids and Dungeons
    • Uldir
      • Fetid Devourer
        • Mutated Masses will only spawn from one of the two central Waste Disposal Units on Mythic difficulty.
      • G’huun
        • Players are no longer prevented from using spells and abilities while holding the Power Matrix on Mythic difficulty.
        • Dark Bargain can no longer cause players to become mind controlled on Raid Finder difficulty.

Quests
    • Justice for the Fallen: Fixed an issue that could cause the Glaive to fail to award credit if used on G’huun during his death animation.

World Quests
    • Emissary caches that grant Azerite Armor can now reward items up to item level 370.

Characters and NPCs
    • Chronicler Ash'tar in Dazar'alor now offers the option to change loa statues between Krag'wa and Bwonsamdi.

Player versus Player

Upcoming Azerite Armor Improvements
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Why does it even need to be based on your item history to begin with? Why can't it just be based on your general item level like every other world quest and emissary gear reward?
    That's what we mean by item history. It calculates your general item level (as you put it) based on all items you've looted, including items you may no longer have. This way if you loot an item that's a few item levels higher than what you have equipped, then decide you don't want it and vendor or disenchant it, you're still seeing higher item level rewards from world quests, emissaries, etc.

says azerite now scale to 370 but whats the ilvl require to appears 370?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkout08 View Post
    says azerite now scale to 370 but whats the ilvl require to appears 370?
    366 according to reddit

10+ Year Old Account
    Good changes for pvp.

I was 362 average, my cache said 355. I had one piece of 370 azerite, a chest looted from WF.
    I looted a 370 helm for MOTHER, got to 363 average and now the cache said 370. I turned the emissary, got a 370 helm.

Also 24 neck level if it really matter.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Players are no longer prevented from using spells and abilities while holding the Power Matrix on Mythic difficulty.
    Oh my, that's quite the nerf. Then again, if you're doing mythic G'huun, I doubt this was a major issue and just makes it so you don't demand 4 warlocks.

Enhance the only fun I was having was pvp, this sucks bad. The hybrid tax was actually worth it in pvp, being able to heal quite well with a stupid mana/maelstrom system. Now it's been nerfed to the ground, whats the point even having healing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguez101 View Post
    366 according to reddit
    I will say this. My monk is ilvl 353 and all the Azeroth gear on my map is ilvl 325. So again I dont see this system working and the gear is not scaling. Unless its reading my OS since its like 329

I'm glad they're shifting damage to casted spells now. Frost Mages have been asking for that for a while now. It's sad that classes' burst all rely on instants and CDs.

Sin Rogues only getting 6% nerf? And DH still dodging nerfs. I swear, someone is caping for them. But then again, most of their problems are mechanical that no hotfix can solve.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2018-10-10 at 02:59 AM.

Nerf Enh Damage, Mana regen, and Healing just incase they were still useful in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Targetme View Post
    I will say this. My monk is ilvl 353 and all the Azeroth gear on my map is ilvl 325. So again I dont see this system working and the gear is not scaling. Unless its reading my OS since its like 329
    it's only the emissary boxes...

Quote Originally Posted by Targetme View Post
    the change is for azerite gear from EMISSARY, and not just any azerite gear you get from World Quests
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature

I kept an emissary quest with azerite gear since yesterday and it never changed. So I guess it will be for new coming emissaries instead.

Also, poor shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Enhance the only fun I was having was pvp, this sucks bad. The hybrid tax was actually worth it in pvp, being able to heal quite well with a stupid mana/maelstrom system. Now it's been nerfed to the ground, whats the point even having healing anymore.
    Enh Shamans was too strong in every way in PvP, they needed to be nerfed.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    it was broken.. it will still be really good

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    it was broken.. it will still be really good
    Tested today at 2.3k

It still does a ton of dmg, but has little to provide (grounding basically) so will be replaced by dh's in every comp.

Deleted
    really nice fetid change!

Deleted
    Well if you are in 325 ilvl it should give 340 if you are 340 it should give 355 and if you are 355 it should give 370... But f*ck logic I guess. Time gateing all over the place.

Totally insulting how they mess with shaman this expansion! They should have toned down Enhance patch by patch instead of using a sledge hammer.

What's with Rets blowing you up to 20 % hp in a stun having three lifes???

Deleted
    Those PvP changes are juicy af.