Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PlazaPlaza View Post
    I don't like him at all btw.
    Join the Club. Purchase your 'I hate Ion' pins for £5 today!
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMonk View Post
    Then you missed out on an excellent questing experience.
    Legion has a very weak questing experience. It doesn't flow at all do the 'Pick a zone' system.

Don't know about you, but Highmountain, Suramar and Val'Sharah had great quests.
    The theme was all over the place though. I personally hated navigating Highmountain and Suramar city.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    For those that are seeking a new MMO to try out; I highly suggest Final Fantasy XIV.
    Ppl are complaining of gcd changes and you suggest a game with a 2.5s gcd?

To be clear i like ffxiv a lot, i find that many aspects of that game totally obliterate their counterparts in wow (crafting, gathering, story quests, art) but falls short when it comes to pure combat and end game content, i just can't live with the idea of a game where you have almost no way of customizing talents and abilities (last time i played in heavenward it was like this dunno if things changed later)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I mean there are people who still defends this disgrace of a game that is BFA. Keep eating the fecal matter that you are so addicted to, just spare us from your horseshit.

I like Ion but he is up to the neck with the mess of Azerite system he approved, created and support. So many bad decisions can not be dealt with a single content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Ppl are complaining of gcd changes and you suggest a game with a 2.5s gcd?

To be clear i like ffxiv a lot, i find that many aspects of that game totally obliterate their counterparts in wow (crafting, gathering, story quests, art) but falls short when it comes to pure combat and end game content, i just can't live with the idea of a game where you have almost no way of customizing talents and abilities (last time i played in heavenward it was like this dunno if things changed later)
    The game is balanced around the 2,5 second GCD though, lots of classes take advantage of this by giving you off GCD abilities like Bard, who has 4-5 abilities that aren't on the GCD, which you'll want to use as soon as they go off CD, then there's Ninja, who has their ninjuts outside the GCD, where you have to consider which ability you want, and remember what combination of seals you need for it, buff? stealth? Dot? Burst? You only have 2,5 seconds to do this, but it works, wouldn't work with a 1,5 sec GCD. This means there are classes, with faster pace and feel, even if the GCD is longer.

Myself I'm playing Samurai, not at max level yet, but I have to manage my number of Sen, which consists of 3 buffs, and causes the ability Iaijutsu to change depending on how many I have. 1 Gives me a single target dot, 2 gives me an Aoe and 3 gives me a single target nuke. At the same time, i have to constantly reposition myself to make sure my combos hit the right areas of the enemy in order to gain the resource Kenki, which ties into 7 abilities on a different global cooldown, which has other effects. So yeah, there's plenty of classes that feel faster and more fun than WoW, even with a 2,5 second GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eventyOne View Post
    I like Ion but he is up to the neck with the mess of Azerite system he approved, created and support. So many bad decisions can not be dealt with a single content patch.
    Yeah the poor dude got hit with a lot of miss but maybe that will teach a lesson to blizzard to not rush content for the next expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The game pretty much started its decline when WoW merged with Activision. That merger took place in July 2008 and WotLK released that November, so the merger couldn't have influenced the game that was most likely in development for years before the merger.

After that point though, the influence of being a company that answers to stock holders and not consumers has clearly been seen since that point. Blizzard is no longer a company that cares about the consumers first, they're one that cares about their stocks first, placating the customers second, and actually caring about the customers as their last priority. If they can give some generic canned response or more "This isn't really a promise" promises that things will get better later on and that retains even a few customers (profit) they can show their stock holders, that's what they'll do.
    imo thats exactly the truth.

and ofc nothing special for giant multibillion dollar companies. thats how they make their big money.

nontheless it feels greedy and sucks as customer. but thats the nature of these things. sad that smaller but great studios (like blizz once also was) no more exists much and also no one will ever again do a big mmorpg.

so, thats life i assume.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    He actually believes BfA is a success according to his Forbes article.

What a fucking moron.
    Well... if you are just balancing the books it made profit so by definition as much as it sucks it was a commercial success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    skimmed through it and didn't see anything interesting
    So in other words just like all of his other interviews and live stream Q & A's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    every new expansion it seems like the "whole community is in agreemen on how bad this expansion is"
    Nope, it was never this bad. It's a fact, you can't argue with all this negativity everywhere. If you can't see I don't know what to tell you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    He actually believes BfA is a success according to his Forbes article.

What a fucking moron.
    He's so out of touch about this game that sometimes it's even funny. Everything the community as whole says is hot shit he says it's a success lol

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Join the Club. Purchase your 'I hate Ion' pins for £5 today!
    Give me 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Give me 10
    We're out of stock unfortunately.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

In fairness the lack of player agency was always the problem with WOW as an MMO. Of all the MMOs out there WOW has always had the least amount of agency. For example, talent trees in WOW were far simpler and less elaborate than many other MMOs of the time. The WOW talent tree basically only allowed you one option at a time out of 3 as you onlocked a talent tier. There wasn't much to it. The only reason that Vanilla gets the praise it does is because leveling from 1 to 60 and exploring all the zones gave players a sense of agency, especially when it came to gearing. You could target specific gear you wanted based on quest rewards or dungeon drops as you leveled so you felt that at some level you had some control over your progression.... Not to mention one of the other things that WOW always benefitted from is art direction. The cartoony nature of the game as a direct descendant of the RTS was much more pleasing than the clunky attempts at realism in other MMOs. By being cartoony and stylish it always had the advantage of avoiding the uncanny valley (uncanny chasm) of other games.

The problem was that as time went on, these problems only became more obvious as new expansions came along and the leveling experience got shorter and newer game play mechanics got added for end game "options". But the problem came after WOD because prior to that the main end game content was still dungeons and raids. And up until cataclysm many of those dungeons still had mechanics that mattered. Outside of that the only other end game content was dailies and rep grinds which for most still gave a sense of player agency because they provided certain guaranteed rewards once you reached a certain reputation. And nobody minded these grinds because most of the rewards were purely optional. The order of the cloud serpent, the Shao Pan, the Tillers and so forth all were not required for progression for the most part. So players still could "play their way" through the game at their own pace, doing the content relative to what they wanted to progress on and spend time on.

Then came WOD and Legion. With WOD they added the "auto-accept zone dailies" or at the time called "bonus objectives" which represented a change from "optional rep based quest grinds" to something that was almost mandatory with a reminder in your face that you couldn't ignore. And this presented the beginning of the change to the current model of World Quests no longer simply being dailies that unlocked optional rewards not mandatory for progression. This was the main selling point of legion that you could always "progress" your character through these "near mandatory" world quests which were required to advance your characters progression. These were no longer "optional" but required to unlock the newly added progression of artifact power. And in BFA all these things came to a head because no longer are artifact power gains noticible as they were in legion, leading to the feeling of less player agency than before.

Not to mention on top of all of that, they introduce an expansion based on "faction war" but PVP is absent from almost all of it, which again goes back to a lack of player agency, which has always been there, but now is more noticable than ever because of all the other game play changes made over time. Warfronts rotating over time means no matter what you do you cant win and you cant lose. So what is the point. Somewhere in this system should be the concept of territorial control like they had way back in the Burning Crusade and Halaa. If you attack a town your faction should own it until the other faction takes it back. None of this rotating control nonsense. But that is a side effect of removing PVP servers and adding phasing and sharding to the game. So there is no server identity anymore, so you cant do territorial control combat in the game based on fixed server populations.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    Yep...100%...every single player hates the game.....ALL of them...you nailed it.
    /sarcasm

Just curious...do people who make these claims realize how stupid they look?

Answer: Probably not

Hot tip....MAYBE 1% of the player base reads these forums...and only 10% of those folks actually post
    White knight more, can't take criticism get out the kitchen.

Ion is just a dbag who gives weasel-worded lawyer answers. Why anyone bothers reading his bs anymore is beyond me.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Ion is just a dbag who gives weasel-worded lawyer answers. Why anyone bothers reading his bs anymore is beyond me.
    /preach brother, the game is easily in its worst state and I still have a soft spot for wow. Some fans just don't want to be told that the game is in a bad state.

Yep it fucking sucks. They need to admit it. Just rip the band-aid off.

Then you missed out on an excellent questing experience.
    Nah I missed out on a frustrating time gated rep grind designed to extend my sub length. If you liked it cool. I didn't because of terrible zone design and no possiblity of immersion due to time gating. If you are going to make a story I should be able to play through all of it in one session or at least consecutive sessions. If I have to way days or weeks in between guess what. It's not going to be enjoyable and will be quickly forgotten.

This whole time gating turns reps from something you can expierence into a daily chores you must do so that you can return to enjoying yourself. Combine that with the most difficult to navigate zone I've ever been in, no flying, and roaming elites that will fucking wreck you and no thanks.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]