Warlock Tanking Idea

Put everything in a short little image presentation.

https://imgur.com/a/PUOBOdw

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop turning my class into bullshit it never was supposed to be, thanks.

One of the main reasons I rolled Warlock in vanilla is exactly because I wanted a class that does not have any sort of bullshit specs like healing or tanking.

You want tanking with lock theme? You have DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it would be cool as an option, I feel like that looks like an orc DH without the warglaives. Also, pretty sure multiple sources tie your role to your spec, so not sure how that would work with this proposed talent that activates it.

I would like it only if it was a side-thing like Dark Apotheosis. an "Emergency tank" and not a thing you had to talent to lock into. I don't personally want warlocks to become true tanks, DHs kinda shot that down.

Quote Originally Posted by Voshon View Post
    Put everything in a short little image presentation.

https://imgur.com/a/PUOBOdw
    I'm afraid that ship has sailed a few years back, we were going to get a tanking spec but blizzard made DH instead.

Now the odds of getting a lock tanking spec is literally zero , I'd suggest going DH if u wanna tank.

This is literally why I played a demo lock in MoP. Then Blizz took it away. I don't think we'll see it back unless they start adding additional specs to existing classes again (e.g. adding guardian to druids to differentiate feral dps/tanking).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

One of the main reasons I rolled Warlock in vanilla is exactly because I wanted a class that does not have any sort of bullshit specs like healing or tanking.

You want tanking with lock theme? You have DH.
    Wholeheartedly agree, well said sir.

but of course warlocks tanked one of the twin emperors in AQ40 XD
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
    but of course warlocks tanked one of the twin emperors in AQ40 XD
    dont forget Leotheras the Blind in SSC too!

I feel bad for OP, dude clearly put some effort into that and people put some real effort into shitting all over it.

Adding a tanking spec wouldn't take away from what warlock has, especially in a world where blizzard intends for you to only ever play 1 spec on a class. Not that I'm personally dying for one, but I wouldn't be opposed to one either.

@Voshon I liked where you were going with that, think it could've used a lot less 1:1 spells from demo though and maybe a bit more from scratch things. I didn't get a chance to read the whole thing before it got taken down but don't let people discourage you from playing with different design ideas just for the fun of it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Stop blocking options 'cause YOU don't want to use them.

I would appreciate a tanking spec for locks. Our guild suffers from having to few good tanks but I don't have the time to maintain two totally different characters at once. So if locks could tank, our guild would have one 1st class tank more.

You don't like it? don't play it. simple as that. You can't justify that choice against demands of your guild and friends that you "could" if you wanted to? YOUR problem.
    Last edited by Cainium; 2018-10-13 at 03:30 PM.

I'm all for a Warlock tanking class as long as Mages get one too. Since full class homogenization, who cares? They all play the same anyway with different aesthetics and I already tank shit all the time with my Voidwalker when tank dies and just spam life siphon + life drain.

If they ever gave mage a non-dps spec, it would surely be a time themed healer like chromie, not a tank.

In retrospect, they kinda fucked up when they revamped specs in wrath. All of the pure classes had at least one half-ass spec with very little functional identity (demo, arcane, and survival especially), that they could have been turned into a healer or tank role. Demonology was the perfect example; the only thing the spec had in vanilla/tbc was doomguard, which could have easily just been retuned to be usable by all specs, and meta demo made into a tank from the get go, instead of just being hinted at up until wod.

Now people are attached to those revamped (or twice revamped in the case of demo and sv) specs, and blizzard is still stuck trying and failing to differentiate and balance all of these superfluous dps roles. I can't imagine they will axe any specs to replace them with a different role at this point, much less add more fourth specs, considering how much trouble they seem to be having with the amount we have already.