Thread: Demo talents

Demo talents

Does anyone actually run Vilefiend, Grimoire: Felguard or Netherportal? I've honestly just been running Soul Strike, Inner Demons and Sacrficed Souls since launch because using the other ones requires a lot of setup time and if you don't pull it off perfectly it's a big dps loss. With Soul Strike you can actually have some extra mobility because god knows most fights are not stand and turret based ones. Felguard is also on a 2 minute CD and just doesn't seem worth taking. I seem to do more dps not using any of those 3 talents (although I've honestly never tried Netherportal because it seems too easy to mess it up...plus it's on a 3 min CD).
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2018-10-10 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Does anyone actually run Vilefiend, Grimoire: Felguard or Netherportal? I've honestly just been running Soul Strike, Inner Demons and Sacrficed Souls since launch because using the other ones requires a lot of setup time and if you don't pull it off perfectly it's a big dps loss. With Soul Strike you can actually have some extra mobility because god knows most fights are not stand and turret based ones.
    yes, vilefiend is the strongest, and grimoire felguard is pretty good (it is the best on cleave fights), but no i dont see people run netherportal
    https://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Demonology/Talents
    also if you want mobility go affliction, its god right now

honestly i do about as much if not more than most affliction warlocks i run with unless they outgear me..and god i hate the spec. if i wanted to play dots i'd go shadow if it wasn't in such a bad spot right now...and boomkins just boring as crap
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2018-10-10 at 11:43 PM.

I'm yet to meet someone who actually plays demo in uldir let alone someone who is rocking a nether portal build.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    I'm yet to meet someone who actually plays demo in uldir let alone someone who is rocking a nether portal build.
    i've done up to mythraxis (however you spell his name) on heroic as demo and should be getting my aotc tonight. i'm usually within the top 5 dps (sometimes top 3) on most fights. especially if it's a clumped aoe fight (implosion is insane).

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    i've done up to mythraxis (however you spell his name) on heroic as demo and should be getting my aotc tonight. i'm usually within the top 5 dps (sometimes top 3) on most fights. especially if it's a clumped aoe fight (implosion is insane).
    In your guild though. If your guilds just getting its aotc chances are there may not be a ton of high end dps guys to compare yourself to. Log your dps then compare it to other locks at your ilvl. There are little to no demo lcoks in the top 100 on heroic parses and even less on mythic. Like Fel said Aff will offer you better damage and more mobility while we wait for demo to get a better buff to bring it in line.

If only competing with guildies then by all means stay demo, its the most fun of the three specs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    In your guild though. If your guilds just getting its aotc chances are there may not be a ton of high end dps guys to compare yourself to. Log your dps then compare it to other locks at your ilvl. There are little to no demo lcoks in the top 100 on heroic parses and even less on mythic. Like Fel said Aff will offer you better damage and more mobility while we wait for demo to get a better buff to bring it in line.

If only competing with guildies then by all means stay demo, its the most fun of the three specs for me.
    i've done it all by pugging. i am not in a raiding guild. i believe that aff is better, i'm just saying i do pretty well..i don't really play the game to be fotm..i play to enjoy my spec and rotation. luckily no one has given me crap about not rolling afflock so..i have no interest in mythic raiding anymore (i used to back in the day) so demo seems just fine for heroic..i am sure if i was in a mythic raiding guild i would be forced to play aff.
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2018-10-11 at 12:53 AM.

I tested Vilefiend and I saw that Tyrant didnt extend its duration; dunno is intended or not.

I have been running with Demonic Strength / Demonic Calling / Soul Strike / Grimoire: Felguard / Sacrificed Souls for the past couple of weeks after some sim'ing and experiments in several different M+'s.

However, I just got the 370 Azerite Shoulder piece with the "Explosive Potential" trait (when your Implosion consumes 3 or more Imps, gain 334 Haste for 15 sec). This seems to indicate that switching to Demonic Consumption or Nether Portal might be better as I might be using Implosion more often, thus having less Imps around on average.

Using Soul Strike means that you will have an additional insta-cast spell at your disposal every 10 seconds that's also a SS generator. Even if you're standing still all the time, you're still getting those extra SS - with my current Haste, SB is still a 1.7s cast. I pretty much got used to using this talent because it allows you to have quite a decent amount of repositioning in M+ if you can plan ahead a bit, like going from one pack to the next.

About Grimoire - it gives you an extra on-use DPS CD that will also stun the target when used and your DT also buffs its damage by 15%. It is great if you need to quickly focus down priority adds. Thing for instance being in a bad PUG and someone somehow manages to spawn a "Thing That Should Not Exist" - pop your Grimoire, combined with a DPS potion if you like and it will melt quickly. If the boss spawns some priority adds at a predictable timer, then you can also combine it with your DT.

I've also recently experienced a bit with using Grimoire on pull, so it can benefit from the pre-pot, then setting up DT later with 9 Imps using Demonic Calling and Demonic Core procs. The extra flexibility seems way worth it over having an extra passive ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    I tested Vilefiend and I saw that Tyrant didnt extend its duration; dunno is intended or not.
    Maybe want to test again, it does extend Vilefiend.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    Everything will depend on the content Raid or MM+
    and for MM+ it will depend on the Affix.

This week i'm running : Dreadlash / Demonic Calling / Soul Strike / Inner Demon / Sacrificed souls

with this build you will be less impacted if you have to move alot during your fight.
    And i found myself very powerful with the new Dreadlash with the 15% buff on the dreadstalker.
    The burst will be less important than Demonic Strength ... but your cleave damages will be a lot more consistent !

Quote Originally Posted by Hkpowa View Post
    Everything will depend on the content Raid or MM+
    and for MM+ it will depend on the Affix.

This week i'm running : Dreadlash / Demonic Calling / Soul Strike / Inner Demon / Sacrificed souls

with this build you will be less impacted if you have to move alot during your fight.
    And i found myself very powerful with the new Dreadlash with the 15% buff on the dreadstalker.
    The burst will be less important than Demonic Strength ... but your cleave damages will be a lot more consistent !
    you can substitute Dreadlash for Demonic strength and Inner demons for Felguard. both are instant cast and burst if you need burst.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    you can substitute Dreadlash for Demonic strength and Inner demons for Felguard. both are instant cast and burst if you need burst.
    Yes, but for me DS is just a burst and not Worth it on the BOSS affix.
    and for the Felguard, it's just my personnal feeling - i prefer having imps without using shard than a Felguard / 1shard with 2min CD.
    In Overvall the Felguard isn't really high... if you compare it with the imps or your implosion (2more imps passive with Inner Demon)

Quote Originally Posted by Hkpowa View Post
    Yes, but for me DS is just a burst and not Worth it on the BOSS affix.
    and for the Felguard, it's just my personnal feeling - i prefer having imps without using shard than a Felguard / 1shard with 2min CD.
    In Overvall the Felguard isn't really high... if you compare it with the imps or your implosion (2more imps passive with Inner Demon)
    i wasn't negating your choices, just informing others that they can run the other talents as well as it helps a smidge with movement and a lot with burst.