Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
26
... LastLast
  1. #301
    What annoys me with this discussion is that I completely agree that the drust blood theory makes more sense than "they got big to hunt big sea monsters lol", so I don't know why I'm arguing with someone who thinks the same.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    What annoys me with this discussion is that I completely agree that the drust blood theory makes more sense than "they got big to hunt big sea monsters lol", so I don't know why I'm arguing with someone who thinks the same.
    I'd agree it makes complete sense. I originally thought that's exactly what happened too, when they initially announced Kul Tirans and BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  3. #303
    The Patient SynDethroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    299
    The big three I'd love to see are Arakkoa, Sethrak, and Vrykul!

  4. #304
    Well shit, look at us getting all tangled up in Blizzard dubious writing. Again.

  5. #305
    waiting for ogres since vanila, hell im still pissed we got goblins in cata instead of ogre fatboys

  6. #306
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Easy way to solve this.

    Provide me clear lore stating this happened, and I'll agree with you.
    This act of brutality alongside the others that Tul continued to enact upon the humans ultimately led to the Thornspeakers leaving the Drust to join Kul Tiran society.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Drust

    ulfar quotes.

    I completely disagree? I don't think they look like Drust at all.
    well, that is your own problem i guess? cause their face is a vrykul face and we all know drust=vrykul

    Thornspeakers are all Kul Tiran, not Drust. [B]The Drust have completely died out.
    This is what happens when a small group join a bigger one, they don't die out unless they mix themselves with the big group.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Your logic doesn't take into account the witches with a very common human model that use drust magic. Why ? Why would one's biology influence their druidic practice ?
    sure the witches are humans changed by the magic, but there is nothing saying the big humans are in fact, humans changed by the same magic.

    either way it would still make then a different breed/kind of humans, which my point stands on, they are not the same as normal humans

    You know, I could also have taken the example of mechagnomes who are considered a different race because they have cut their limbs, right ? I only took the example of magic exposure because it's the more common to differentiate one "race" from another. Orcs are still orcs, whether mag'har or green. My point was that your argument on growth and racial abilities was flawed.
    they don't just cut limbs but the point is how they are still another thing, mechagnones had years of isolation compared to others, that alone already imply some sort of genetic drift, but you mix with mechanical limbs and other things.

    orcs are still orcs, but they are different still green orcs mutated by demon magic, a lion and a tiger are cats, but they are not the same either.
    Even by having drust blood they would still be human, like green orcs being mutated by green magic are still orcs

    You actually don't have much facts, you're just making assumptions and deductions from a few interpretable ones. The only drusts shown joining kul tiran society are their Thornspeakers and they were only met by those who "heard the call of nature".
    if, walks, quack and fly like a duck?

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

    if, walks, quack and fly like a duck?
    If walks, talks and lives like a human ?

  8. #308
    Personally, I'd rather see the WoW team add in more Core Races as opposed to Allied Races. I feel like many of the races I want to see added need more to their story than a rep grind, a small quest chain, and a "go help here" message on the board.

    For Horde, my biggest wishlist race has to be Ogres. Gordunni, Boulderfist, Gorian...really, there's plenty to choose from. They are a race with varied character designs & lots of varying intellect levels that has been associated with the Horde since forever. The comedic writing from an Ogre on the Horde Council would be fantastic for each of their meetings & I can totally see them having a capital city like Highmaul somewhere.

    For the Alliance, I think a good counterbalance would be the Arakkoa. They are a race that greatly understands the shadows that most of the Alliance does not, as well as a race that has also spent much time working within the Draenei. They know the dangers of split factions all too well, but also understand the need to have the strongest allies possible. For a capital city, I'd be really curious to see how they might build a Skyreach-like city on Azeroth.

    However, if we must stick to the Allied Race setup, I'd then vote for Lightforged Undead for the Horde & Ankoan/Jinyu for the Alliance. LF Undead for the Horde would give them a human-like option to play & could go a long way in giving Calia a role without pushing her as the leader of a Forsaken people whose plight she doesn't know first hand. Design-wise, they could look like Calia, Derek Proudmoore, or perhaps Nathanos. Ankoan/Jinyu would give the Alliance another beastly race with a unique model & a knowledge of the sea even Kul Tirans don't have.

  9. #309

  10. #310
    I'd resub for Murloc.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Drust

    well, that is your own problem i guess? cause their face is a vrykul face and we all know drust=vrykul
    It's not a problem when it's simply not true. Kul Tiran do not look like Vrykul any more than Humans do in general.

    This is what happens when a small group join a bigger one, they don't die out unless they mix themselves with the big group.
    Except we don't know if that actually happened, otherwise Ulfar would not exist as the last of the Drust. Make sense?

    If the Drust were purely integrated through mixed lineage then that would explain it, but that explanation does not formally exist, it's only implied and left ambiguous. Which is about as ambiguous as whether or not Humans and Forsaken can procreate. There's no solid lore evidence behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  12. #312
    Tuskarr or gtfo.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

  13. #313
    I think Allied Races are way too cheap, I would like to see more established races, with starting areas and such.

    But, sadly, I think we're not going to see any new core races, becau$e of rea$on$.
    Azeroth must be remastered!

  14. #314
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,631
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Cooperation leads to sex ?
    well Dalaran definitely wasn't the only "cooperation" the High Elves gave to the humans after the Troll Wars
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  15. #315
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    34,443
    I would say a minor/primitive race native to Azeroth, should have limited classes compared to have we see. Either Ogres for the Horde, or Murlocs/Jinyu for the Alliance.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    well Dalaran definitely wasn't the only "cooperation" the High Elves gave to the humans after the Troll Wars
    The Windrunner are perverts fetishists !

  17. #317
    The Patient BB8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away
    Posts
    311
    Sylvar for Alliance.
    Venthyr for Horde (dunno if they use a skeleton already, but who cares. They look totally different from anything).

  18. #318
    More non-elfs races pls .....let Blizzard spend some money on animation:Mantid,Quilboar,Sethrak,,Naga,Centaurs.
    And maybe Botani(aka Swamp Thing with moving parts over whole body).

    After i saw Crowfall Centaurs .... i was like "Damn and Blizz can't mimic fraction of this indie company power?" we got Minotaurs so why we not able to get Centaurs? after Mecha*junker gnomes we opened our views for something new and unexpected.... so why not make race that uses not ordinary mounts like its made in HoTS.... any character that has more than 2 legs uses unique type of mounts and as bonus they can start selling BONUS mounts for non-bipedal races at their store.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-09-23 at 07:45 PM.
    I want these classes in new x-pac Necromancer,RuneMaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Dragonsworn,Alchemist,Bard,Spellbreak er

  19. #319
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    13,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It's not a problem when it's simply not true. Kul Tiran do not look like Vrykul any more than Humans do in general.
    Try to check then later. a kul'tiran clearly look like a vrykul, way more than normal humans.
    Except we don't know if that actually happened, otherwise Ulfar would not exist as the last of the Drust. Make sense?
    Ulfar was an exception as he never joined then, he stayed behind.
    If the Drust were purely integrated through mixed lineage then that would explain it, but that explanation does not formally exist, it's only implied and left ambiguous. Which is about as ambiguous as whether or not Humans and Forsaken can procreate. There's no solid lore evidence behind it.
    Like i said, you need spelled out, i don't. There is enough solid evidence to point that out.

    Forsaken can't procreate, they are dead, they alredy confirmed that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    If walks, talks and lives like a human ?
    if it is giant like a vrykul, resistant to cold and more versatility like then, well...

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if it is giant like a vrykul, resistant to cold and more versatility like then, well...
    Yeah sure, if you chose to disregard the names of the abilities, it works, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •