Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceofblood View Post
    Wildhammer dwarves for dwarves can access druid class with unique dwarf forms. Gryphon flight form, Ram travel form, Boar tank form, etc
    It would be easily done, and so much more, if Blizzard implemented the following change:

1. All Races can be Druids
    2. Druid Forms can be 'Tamed' in the same way as Hunter Pets
    3. You can Transmog your forms into animal appearances in your collection.

So, you want a Blood Elf Hunter with Lynx cat form and Dragonhawk flight form? There would be nothing stopping you. Mechagnome Druid with Robo Animal Forms? Why the heck not.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    It would be easily done, and so much more, if Blizzard implemented the following change:

1. All Races can be Druids
    2. Druid Forms can be 'Tamed' in the same way as Hunter Pets
    3. You can Transmog your forms into animal appearances in your collection.

So, you want a Blood Elf Hunter with Lynx cat form and Dragonhawk flight form? There would be nothing stopping you. Mechagnome Druid with Robo Animal Forms? Why the heck not.
    I'm ok with most Class/Race combos, but Diapermechs being druids would cause me to vomit in anger.

Arakkoa!

This could have been a fantastic opportunity to allow for the arakkoa to become playable and part of the horde. Their interest in the esoteric and fascination of the otherworldly, their study of the occult and mastery of dark sorcery and shadow magics, screams and squawks shadowlands! We horde need a race who dabbles in the more …puzzling things, the arakkoa would make a nice addition to our silhouette of rag tag members and enrich our ranks and family by rounding our diverse kits with those of less understood arts.

We should have been alongside/bumping into Vereesa as she was on a hidden/secret quest to find her sister's soul and present it to her. We could have aided her and therefore uncovered lore and plot from a position of exploring and traveling the afterlife, and viewing it or some parts of it without being involved. We actually should have slipped in, not forcefully through the sky with an audience, but from a back entrance, such as with the help of the clever and kooky arakkoa, who were approached by her and us and got them to perform a ritual/ceremony/séance, cut a slit between the world of the living and the shadow realm, or sprinkled their bag of sand or drank a concoction to get us there. We should have began our journey throughout the shadowlands with no one knowing. Instead of being front and center, it would have been cool to explore this new and different dimension with none of the inhabitants being very aware of us, and we could have spied and have been uncovering the story and learning about the lands and peoples from a being detached and not directly involved in the cosmic stuff, that way would have been more refreshing, a true experience, like a visitor from another place just trying to get by, and learning the story as we go, instead of the story being told to us and instead of us being told what to care about. We weren't invited to care, we are being told to care, but from a distance, exploring a place while having smaller objectives, at lest at first, would have been more welcoming experience and immersive, and sneaking around the shadowlands and meeting people as we go to get the story would have been more thoughtful of the writers for us as fans, players, and customers. They didn't care about us or consider us at all, some of us waited decades for the moment Sylvanas found her soul, whether she'd choose to merge with it or not, but the writers didn't stop to consider that, they just thrust it at her during someone else's scene, no quiet moment of reflection upon finding her soul, no sister finding it first and presenting it to her, nothing, just lights and noises and a giant going through portal, a spectacle with no heart. We'll never get that moment we've been waiting to see, a scene that has been many years in the making and now will never be given to us or the game, one of the moments tat defines part of the game and should have been given it's special attention it and sylvanas and us fans deserver, but it was taken from us. Also, us being so knowledgeable and in direct presence of lore and comics stuff weakens the wonder and curiosity, and ruins the potential it may have had. I think we should have been exploring the shadowlands without them knowing, and the arakkoa could have been a good way to get us there, join factions. Perhaps if vereesa hadn't visited them for help, they would have sensed an imbalance/disturbance because of the drouth and sought us out to find out more, etc. We and the lore characters and the cosmic stuff doesn't always shave to be so 'grand' and immediate, a smaller story and using our beloved races and cultures to show the story and world more inviting and compelling and memorable and meaningful.

Accessing and traveling to and uncovering one of existence’s more mysterious realms would spark enthusiasm and curiosity among our feathered friends. They’ve been traversing shadow realms, peering through mystical orbs of swirling clouds into the unknown, and concoct and carry elixirs, sprinkle shadow dusts, and slice with dark knives to pierce the veil between worlds. Always eager and spirited to help their horde friends, especially when it involves the mystifying, they could offer their insight and lend their wisdom, along with their own natural curiosity and seeking of knowledge, and possibly aid us with a way to travel to and from the shadowlands.

Always wanted to play as arakkoa, I’ve been playing since 2004 and love this game and the world blizzard is building, and arakkoa would truly excite me to play forever!

The clever, kooky, wise, and whimsical birdfolk, with their shadowy arts yet big warm hearts (our friendly arakkoa are rather hospitable and spirited), with their collections of baubles and trinkets and knickknacks, would be needed and welcomed sages in our travels through the unknowable. They’ve always held a special, mystifying place in my heart - the way trinkets and curious knickknacks hold a place in theirs.

Perhaps their magic and rituals wane and it is due to the shadowlands’ plight and it’s plane being torn, and so the arakkoa will leave their huts and tree homes, on talon, and travel from their shady branches and gnarled roots and dusky areas, on a trek beneath the cover of sunless skies and slipping through shadow realms, and out of sight from the uncursed arrakoa who reside high above, to Azeroth, where they skulk and hide no longer, to Azeroth, where they can flourish and rise to their true potential and not be oppressed beneath the uncursed, to Azeroth and to their new family, to be welcomed by, to be one with, and to be home among the horde.

The uncursed arakkoa can join the alliance. They have a the shining sun as their symbol and power and cherished reverence, while the moon(s) belong to the hearts of the dark arakkoa, a source of inspiration and power - the ultimate trinket! The cursed arakkoa could offer great insight to mysteries such as elune (or their interpretation of her) while the uncursed who worship the sun could reintroduce the sun’s presence into wow lore and to fans, similarly to the tauren’s An’she.

Arakkoa have a sun and moon, dawn and dusk thing going on which fits in nicely with other culture’s. Arakkoa on the horde are dusk, while the arakkoa on the alliance are dawn. Dawn and Dusk Arakkoa, a race with different appearances, racials, and unique histories, motives cultures, and so on, due to their background(s). awesome! can’t wait!

here are some racials

These are some dark, cool, useful, fun and shadowy abilities that I think would lend themselves well to the wise, kooky, crooked and cool, trinkety, warm and big-hearted arakkoa, and fit their smart, shadowy kit. The cursed arakkoa which are my favorite.

Preen, they perch or sit quietly, entering their clear mind or a meditative state which removes all negative effects and heals them.

Rook, an ability that switches places with an enemy! This has tons of fun and use and fits the clever and shadowy race and their use of piercing the veils between realms. The enemy would be placed where the arakkoa was, having to readjust to his or her surroundings, and the arakkoa will now be where the enemy just was! Perhaps the arakkoa will scrawl a rune on the ground and after a brief channel of shaky feathers and concentration, the target and the arakkoa swap! Or perhaps it’s an instant snap of their talons and the clever trick has begun.

Effigy, place an effigy of the arakkoa which all damage and or affects are redirected to. Like an arakkoa scarecrow that takes the negative incoming stuff instead, while the arakkoa is protected from harm by it’s effigy. Perhaps when the effigy has had it’s fill of damage and effects, it crumbles or fades into a shadow realm, or perhaps it explodes with all the effects and damage applied to the attacker(s) or leaves a swirl of dark energy in the area the effigy was standing.

Crystal Ball, no arakkoa is far from their twisty trinkets and dark dusts and of course their otherworldly orbs into which they peer. Arakkoa gaze into their orbs of swirling shadow, predicting the next move(s) an enemy will make, and therefore preventing the attacks or even inflicts them upon the enemy instead!

Fowl Play, enter a shadow or realm, by sprinkling dreamy shadow dust from one of their treasured pouches, allowing the arakkoa to be unable to be targeted or seen because they are on a different plane. While phased, they can traverse the realm and inflict damage or healing from beyond the other side of the veil for a bit before reentering reality. Used more for defensive or evasive maneuvers (escape) but may apply curses and do some damage while phased.

Exile, sends the enemy into a shadow realm. Where they must fight the arakkoa’s shadow to be able to exit. If the arakkoa player chooses to enter the realm, they may do so, and will naturally be buffed while inside. Or this could be a banish where they send the enemy to the shadow realm where they cannot interact or cause harm.

Bird brain, arakkoa’s love and reverence for their trinkets; both shiny and shadowy, allows them to peer deeper into their beloved baubles, cherished curios, and exactly realize their ‘objects’s of affection’s’ full potential! As a passive, trinkets become triply useful, with increased stats compared to all other races. Or perhaps it will be more fun for the player if blizzard could do this; upon receiving a trinket, the arakkoa uses Cherish, an arakkoan ability/spell with a long cast time that unlocks a trinket’s true strength and bond, boosting a trinket triply so. Stats increased triple and reduces use effects trinkets cd by triple.

Messenger Pigeon, transports attached messages or very small parcels from the place where it is released to a friend or destination. A kilari, owl, falcon (or bird of player’s choice) equipped with a scroll-stuffed satchel descends and can be used as mailbox anywhere when whistled for! Unlike a standard mailbox, the bird can be utilized as a way to personally deliver mail to friends. Friends will be visited by the toting bird, and be able to receive mail and packages from their arakkoa buddy just like a carrier pigeon! If there is room in the arakkoa’s bank, the messenger pigeon can drop items off in the bank as well, freeing up bag space for the wise and whimsical arakkoa adventurer! Wouldn’t it be exciting to have a winged visitor arrive while you’re questing, with news or items from a far-off arakkoa buddy?

Dark Migration, calls forth a flock of birds to aid in combat, surrounding the arakkoa with an impenetrable whirlwind of crows, ravens or other other shadowy birds, and harming attackers who dare attempt to strike while the arakkoa is protected.

Birds of a Feather, when arakkoa are near their kin, their awareness becomes heightened and senses strengthened. As an arakkoa is assisted by his flock, their knowledge and evasiveness grows, increasing intellect, crit and evasiveness. The larger the flock grows, the greater the buff!

Wicked Plumage, the arakkoa’s natural cloak of cursed feathers will cause the first assault by an attacker to reflect and their assailant’s mind to break, sending them into a fearful panic.

Roost or Nest, receive triple rest xp!

I love the cursed, crooked and cool arakkoa the best, so I’d only want to play as them. They’re are a spirited bunch even though they’ve had a past of suffering. I like their curious nature, their enthusiasm and slight obsession with the occult, with the less knowable puzzles of reality, their adoration for treasures and knickknacks, and despite being bent, they have never broken. Their warm-hearted ways and eagerness show that even those who delve in shadow and dabble in dark arts can be trusted and loyal companions, friends, and hopefully horde members.

Perhaps through some new discovered lore or advancement in their story, they can relearn how to fly. Flying would be nice for them.

I would love a hooded shawl as part of the heritage armor, and a crystal orb with real swirling smoke inside, possibly hanging from a rope belt or in a sack, a belt lined with pockets of dusts and pouches for treasures, and trinkets, a scroll-stuffed satchel and trailing robes.

I’ve always loved the arakkoa, and longed to be able to play as one. The cursed arakkoa culture and aesthetic fits the horde but also enriches the horde and
    compliments us, while also giving us a kit we don’t have yet, a feathered race and one who dabbles in the stranger, more unknowable mysteries out there.

One of my favorite races in anything ever, not just in warcraft! Skraaa! These would be a new playable race, not allied races.

It's hard for me to get excited as I once did, for new playable races. Our peoples have these awesome kits and cultures and never use them. Even our spell and ability visuals and animations and sound effects are copied and pasted, with nothing reflecting our identities. What's the point of being excited for an ethereal mage or rogue if their special background and history and traditions and culture and developed/nurtured arts are abandoned (by blizzard, not the race) and look the same as every other race's mage and rogue? There's no heart. It's empty. Time to return to our races and respect their roots.
    An ethereal, like any race currently, is a skin for the same exact casts and abilities and graphics, which is why I'm sad, as our races deserve to show their peoples' honed version of our classes.
    When I get excited for arakkoa or tuskarr or dragonkind, I then think, what is the point when they will simply/blandly NOT use their own ways, and they will look just like everyone else.

I made a nightborne mage for the first time a while ago and not long after realized all the other mage races in pvp were casting the same exact looking stuff when they should be casting their nurtured version of the art, and they even using same animations, and then I didn't feel like my character's background, history, affinities, adeptness, lore, customs, aesthetics, you know, his own being a mage, was present or mattered or reflected in anything he did, and thought it was a missed opportunity, and I grew less fond of playing my character, less connection.
    People may disagree or say I'm complaining but why wouldn't you want someone who voice their concerns and try to bring light to an area that could improve the game (my opinion, I know, and I think the default spell and ability visuals an animation should remain for those who want to use them, to include all players). I'm an older player and just trying to see if there's anything blizzard can do to let us and our characters feel more attached to the world and each other, by honoring each peoples' ways, and stop copy pasting everything. Examples on how to very simply fix this a bit further below.

If you want health and longevity and a breath of fresh air for the game, stop envisioning its future with its past. And stop letting the wow teams do less. Skins, glyphs, race/class combos (copy paste and ignoring the culture), would be giving them an excuse to do less, it would be letting them get away with not considering us players and our attachment to our characters and the world they live in. We and our characters and the game need race-specific and culture-appropriate spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects by default, not though the use of a secondary system such as skins and glyphs, and copy paste graphics shouldn't be the norm. If they keep ignoring our cultures this would mean we never see our own very special an unique cultures shine in our spells and abilities by default. Think about what we deserve as long time players and customers and fans. It's time, it's always been time, for our races to shine with their special kits. The removal of race-themed starting gear is another step backwards.

When you see the people who like race-specific druid forms and culture-appropriate shaman totems, you know, the signature aesthetic spells and ability visuals that are race-specific and culture-appropriate, offering reflecting our identities, it's because its personal and fitting, and it makes sense that different peoples would have unique versions of their arts. This should extend to most spells and abilities, because the culture nurtured and honed and developed their art differently, separately from other races, and therefore have it's own unique visuals reflecting the people's identity, which is made up their beliefs, traditions, ideals, history, customs, heritages, affinities, adeptenesses, lands, wisdom, etc.

A highmountain tauren can grow a pine tree instead of the same graphic all efflorescence uses, because that's how they've learned the spell. A highmountain Tauren’s tranquility could be be playing a pine flute carved from the branch of a pine tree, which calls the snowy winds down from the mountain, reinvigorating friends, and for efflorescence they toss a pine cone or magical seed to the area and a small pine tree sprouts upward and grows while refreshing, cool scented winds, or eagles soar around. Another spell could have him raise a feather high into the air to call eagles to soar around.

Pandaren sorcerers (mages) having cloud serpents in their spells and crackling with jade colored magic. through their culture's understandings and through their teachings of yulon, their version of ‘mage’ spells has developed differently, separated form the rest of the world on their own island and turtle, where as an ancient culture they honed their skills, developed their wisdom, followed their own traditions, upheld their own ideals, and beliefs and whose teachings from the celestials infuses and enriches their lore and version of their arts. their magic should crackle with jade color and summon cloud serpents that whip around the caster before lunging toward the target, as a pandaren sorcerer's skills would, being developed differently and in tune with yulon than other cultures, be more exotic and original to them. Imagine a sorcerer who conjures cloud serpents as their animations for mages spells. Think sorcerer from ancient Chinese folklore, a dragon summoner, or Shang Tsung! Gong sounds or effects accompanying some spells or abilities. A simple tea or brew drinking animation for at least one spell or ability for EACH classes is a must.

Most of our spell and ability visuals, animations, and sound effects, should be represented by our race's and culture's identity as they've individually nurtured and developed their arts according to their beliefs, traditions, lands, ideals, affinities, adeptness, heritage, etc. Proof is every new race people are excited for totems and forms, why, because they are signature and fitting per race.

All spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects should have cultural identity. Not just race specific forms for druids and cultural appropriate totems for shaman. We all cast the same looking stuff no matter the culture and it’s a missed opportunity. Next expansion feature is grand overhaul of race-specific, cultural-appropriate spells, abilities, animations and sound effects.

Each of our beloved races develops and hones their culture’s version of an art (class) and it should be reflected, uniquely, in their spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects. Not a cosmetic, not a glyph, not some outside system. It should come with the race.

As cultures have nurtured and developed their arts differently, personally, and in tune with their own histories, traditions, ideals, beliefs, heritages and unique locations, spells and abilities should visually respect and reflect the race who wields them.

No point in being excited for new playable races if there's no identity and everyone uses each other's graphics and visuals, and we ignore our special backgrounds, unique cultures and signature arts.

The reveal that would get me excited at Blizzcon would be culture identity in our kits. Race-specific, culture-appropriate spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects.

We cast the same looking stuff no matter the culture.

Honestly race-specific and culture appropriate arts are what it's going to take to get me excited to keep playing/return. It can be a toggle so those who want to use default spell and ability visuals can, but other who love their race and culture can use nurtured art

my hope is they redo/undo the current skin that is class visuals simply slapped onto a new race, and instead, focus on and enrich our characters and classes with race-specific and culture-appropriate spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects.

This is something we could unlock as a path like artifacts/appearances, or they could trickle them in outside of game like updated models I guess, but I think it would be cool as a return to our race/refamiliarize ourselves with our race kind of exploration, that way we are not only gaining cool rewards like our artifacts, we are also exploring our race's handling of the story from their ways and wisdoms.

Arakkoa are my favorite race, and they along wtih all other deserve their kit to be honored and respected and upheld. An arakkoa sorcerer calling dark storm of crows by raising a talon into the air and tongue flicking in opened beak, or, perching silently in a meditative state, cleansing themselves of harmful effects, or, a cursed arrakoa's awesome hobble/skulk disguises more agility than an enemy thinks, and they shake or enter a trance while casting smoky spells; trinket or beads or crystal orb in one talon, conjuring a swirly spell with the other. Even a tiny bit of that would be better than a copy and paste of another spell.

Example, I want arakkoa more than any race I can think of, except for a rabbit race of samurai and sorcerers, but what I'd find disheartening is if they got the same exact spell and ability visuals everyone uses, a waste of a cool race if you ask me. Being excited for a new race or new race/class combo is only truly exciting if the culture is reflected and identity represented. Missing the opportunity and forsaking their own personal version/customs of how THEY'VE come to hone their skills from within their culture would squelch the thrill. going forward, revealing race/class combos is empty and heartless and not exciting, because they are just copy and paste. It's almost cringe now for new race/class combos because they're so alike every other and have zero race-appropriate and zero culture identity in their kits. They are simply using everyone else's stuff no matter the culture and that's what's making me play less. I want that attachment and immersion and fantasy of my race using their nurtured art, not the same looking stuff everyone uses no matter the culture. It's almost inappropriate and lacking, what we have now, considering what we could and should have, and how it would benefit us players, the game and blizzard as company.

Would you really want arakkoa or mok'nathal or saberon or ethereal if they all cast the same looking stuff no matter their culture? And the only difference was the model? Don't sell yourself short, races deserve and we could have these improvements. I'm sure if any mmo ever does rival wow in a real way, one of their shining features will be that their races' spells and abilities, visual, animations and sound effects will be race-specific and culture-appropriate. I wouldn't doubt they keep tabs long-time, passionate players giving wow suggestions, too. I don't mean to sound harsh, but as an older player from the wc games and original wow, never having taken a real break, I feel like I know what at least would make me happy and wanting to continue to play and excited to log on. We have an attachment to our characters, and by default our characters and their races/cultures, unlike most other games, out mmo allows us to play our same character and so the more individualistic they can be, and the more they look and feel fitting to their role in the world, the better for everyone's experience.

Let's say we get tuskarr! Do you want icy/snowy Inuit/tuskarr-inspired visuals and stout, merry animations reflective of their people, or just another/same wildgrowth everyone already uses? A patch of gently falling snow around a cozy tuskarr lantern, inspiriting the weak, or just another green glowy rune every single race uses no matter their culture?

It's getting ridiculous and unnecessary to keep seeing all of our races not be their race.

or whomever to be playable if they have this really cool kit and culture yet their spells and ability visuals, animations and sound effects looked like everyone else's and didn't reflect their people? New classes get the full breadth of animations and visuals, yes, but I think each race should have their culture and identity represented and reflecting in their spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects. Not just totems and forms.

I guess this to say blizzcon revealing new race or class or both can be fun because not only do we get something truly awesome but we also know the expansions the teams involved were passionate about everything because such a huge project requires everyone loving and pouring themselves into it. The new playable race or class expansions are usually big because the addition of such features are linked to the land or lore we're exploring, and so that is usually pretty large scale and game changing going forward. But going forward, new race/class combo reveals are cringe and copy/paste unless we get culture identify reflected in our spell and ability visuals, animations and sound effects, and new playable races are fun on the surface but as soon as the reveal shows the new playable race casting the same exact stuff we all already cast, it's less exciting because it's copy and paste. There's just something unfulfilling and lacking and missing the mark, squashing potential, a waste.

I love the game, and as much as I play, I'd play 100 percent more if I knew my tauren was waiting for me with his culture's spells and abilities as part of his kit. I'd be so immersed and satisfied. I'd also be a whole heck of a lot more excited to play other races and classes knowing each had their own depth and culture infused into their spell and ability visuals, animations, and sound effects! Do it, blizzard, even if it takes a long time like updated models!

I mean, we'd look and feel and play like new classes, at least graphically, and that freshness and appropriateness unraveling as we journey will create an invigorating effect and make me want to log on even more and be with my character, and our characters would feel like they are progressing themselves in a very real, deep, natural and personal way. Seeing my spells as a tauren not only fit my cultural identity with meadows of grass for efflorescence, my nightborne's fancy movements while casting, my pandaren's eyes and paws crackling with jade energy as twin could serpents whirl around him before darting towards the foe, but also knowing they're of my people's or of my own style, would be breathtaking.

keep default options for those who want to use them but the game and us players and blizzard as a company would all benefit from this. Especially in a world where it's not really the zones or planets or story that are as enticing as our more personal, individualistic that is a main appeal and draw and this is something that would have people playing a lot because their character will become more who they feel a kinship with and want to play as. It's these little things that will go a long way.

The new bird mounts sort of look like they could be linked to arakkoa culture in a way. I was thinking they sort of look like the phoenix before the fiery effect, and was thinking of an elf focused expansion since each sect of playable and non playable elf are pretty different, and the birds kind of look elf phoenixes. but they also look like arakkoa themed animals, and since arakkoa revere the sun and moon, as do the tauren with an'she and musha, and blood elves have a connected to the sun and night elves the moon/elune, then maybe that is a hint. Maybe the cursed arakkoa to horde as we nee d skulking, shadowy, silhouette on our side, and the sunlight-themed, bright arakkoa for the alliance.

This would also allow for

Sun walkers and seers, Tauren ‘paladins’ and sun priests, should have sunlit and warm themes. Calling golden firebirds down from the sky that sail toward the target, animations that have them kneeling playfully, calling a warm sunbeam to heal, manifesting a fire whip, fiery feathers and sunny animals, drum beats during some abilities for sound effects etc. Sunwalker visual such as calling down golden firebirds who assail the target or soar around the tauren, or communing with An'she, parting clouds to a radiant sunlight with a tribal chant or kneeling prayerfully in a sparking sunbeam to mend, or using a slick solar flare whip to damage that manifests in an instant, or raising a feathered spear or polearm (or sword -_-) high into the sky in communion with the sun for buffs, or beating drums that pulsate with the warmth of the sun, healing the wounded or cleansing the sick, their worship of the sun and belief in An'she can be thematic presence in a tauren's use of their sunpriest (seer) or paladin (sunwalker) arts.

Night elf priest’s spells and abilities should be moonlight inspired, with radiant beams and glows and moon wells/statues.

And the two types of arakkoa to use signature aesthetics in their casts and abilities. An arakkoa sorcerer calling dark storm of crows by raising a talon into the air and tongue flicking in opened beak, or, perching silently in a meditative state, cleansing themselves of harmful effects, or, a cursed arrakoa's awesome hobble/skulk disguises more agility than an enemy thinks, and they shake or enter a trance while casting smoky spells; trinket or beads or crystal orb in one talon, conjuring a swirly spell with the other. Even a tiny bit of that would be better than a copy and paste of another spell. While the uncursed arakkoa cast shinning sunlight-themed spells and use the sunny version of the cursed arakkoa's shadowy spells.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2021-09-29 at 05:03 PM.

Depends on whether or not Blizzard locks the allied race behind a grind again.

If they don't, there are lots of cool options I'd like to play.
    If they do, fuck it, I'd rather pull my own teeth out than have to grind out the ability to create a new character.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Ethereals. Period.
    I second this.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That IS the Ogre skeleton, and I've explained it's already exists as an NPC skeleton that would require the same amount of effort as making a new rig.

If you're arguing that the Ogre skeleton already exists and could just be tweaked, then that's the same point I used at the start where the Ogre wouldn't be an allied race then, since the point of allied races was to save on time and effort by reusing PLAYER skeletons.

Ogres with their own skeleton would be a full rework in terms of applying all the animations which they currently don't have. And as a point of opinion, I don't see Blizzard valuing that as a worthy effort. If it was as simple as Kul Tiran rig, then sure, it could be an Allied Race. I personally don't see it being adaptable to Ogres though, since I can clearly see a difference between the shapes of a Maldraxxi based on Kul Tiran or Ogre. They look very different proportionally.

As I've even explained, Ogres are already in the Horde, but Blizzard has deliberately chosen to exclude any lore progression for em. I'm just expressing my opinion that I think Metzen was the one who championed their addition, and he no longer works there. I don't think its likely we will get any spotlight on playable Ogres anytime soon, especially when the chances were passed up in both WoD and BFA in recent time. The story is in the hands of Danuser and Golden.

Like, what other expansion concept even makes sense for Ogres? Dragon Isles? Undermine? Yet another faction conflict?
    You do realize Maldraxxus Gladiators are set to become playable? And that means Playable Ogre skeleton.

They don't need a reason to be added. We, literally, took a portal to alternate Draenor after we already closed it, just so we could bring in the Mag'har orcs. And since they already came with the Mag'har themselves, they are already currently relevant members of the Horde.
    Even the Gilgoblins are waiting along the shores of Durotar to join the Horde. They don't need any special content for that.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I do.
    /10chars
    You just didn't.

I'd rather have satyr then sylvar. Satyr look more wild and rough and fit the horde better. For the horde, I'd like:

Satyrs
    Ogres
    Saberon
    Tuskarr
    Taunka
    Yaungol
    Mogu
    Hozen

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You do realize Maldraxxus Gladiators are set to become playable?
    Source?

Even the Gilgoblins are waiting along the shores of Durotar to join the Horde. They don't need any special content for that.
    Source?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-29 at 09:54 PM.

Oh, yeah! gilgoblins too!

Source?
    The 4 Shadowlands covenant races are obviously being set to become playable. You'd have to be blind not to notice it. They have a male and a female model. Up-to-date textures and animations (some even unique, like Sylvar's running animation - a lot of effort for an NPC only animation), some customization options, the use of existing skeletons like female Vrykul for Kyrian, female Kul Tiran and Ogre for Maldraxxus Gladiators, female Draenei for Sylvar and i'm not sure about the Venthyr.

Source?

The 4 Shadowlands covenant races are obviously being set to become playable. You'd have to be blind not to notice it. They have a male and a female model. Up-to-date textures and animations (some even unique, like Sylvar's running animation - a lot of effort for an NPC only animation), some customization options, the use of existing skeletons like female Vrykul for Kyrian, female Kul Tiran and Ogre for Maldraxxus Gladiators, female Draenei for Sylvar and i'm not sure about the Venthyr.
    Again, source?

Are you saying that they're going to be playable or did you actually mean you *think they will become* playable? There's a difference.

Again, source?

Are you saying that they're going to be playable or did you actually mean you *think they will become* playable? There's a difference.
    The fact that they've been added to the playable race list file, have allied race UI half set-up, has placeholder data in the playable race racial ability data set up, have player armor support half set-up on some of them, all but confirms it. The names being added to the playable race list is the exact same pattern as when the Legion Allied Races were first datamined.

The fact that they've been added to the playable race list file, have allied race UI half set-up, has placeholder data in the playable race racial ability data set up, have player armor support half set-up on some of them, all but confirms it. The names being added to the playable race list is the exact same pattern as when the Legion Allied Races were first datamined.
    So far, that's still just a pattern.

There's a big disparity between datamine of what we have and immediately equating it as upcoming content. Even the datamine video covering it in Username's post above has the commentator state that even he is taking this with a pinch of salt. He even gives the disclaimer straight up - "This is not allied races confirmed, cuz I don't think it is, this is more of a 'Why does this exist?"

The gear situation is still a pretty big factor, and that's my personal opinion of what makes something like the Night Fae fairy or the Maldraxxus abomination as unlikely. Kyrian and Venthyr? More plausible to me simply on a technical basis, but even then I wouldn't equate that to them being set to become playable quite yet.

I'll say I'd be very surprised if Blizzard intends that female Maldraxxian Abomination option to be playable.

---

Did more digging. So Username's video was MORE THAN a year ago now.

And the comments pretty much reflect my own suspicions

Maybe they are reusing parts of the allied race UI for the screen that appears when we select a covenant to join

Yeah I've seen similar videos and they pretty much have come to the same conclusion that you did. I'm under the same impression that they're just reusing the same assets for the Covenant UI.
    Yeah, I don't think this is anything to do with Allied Races at all. I'm not saying they won't ever be an Allied Race, just that this particular datamine doesn't seem to be suggesting that.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-30 at 09:07 AM.

screw those restrictions

i would like to see

Ethereals
    Naga
    Tortollons
    Tuskarr
    Ogres

You do realize Maldraxxus Gladiators are set to become playable? And that means Playable Ogre skeleton.

They don't need a reason to be added. We, literally, took a portal to alternate Draenor after we already closed it, just so we could bring in the Mag'har orcs. And since they already came with the Mag'har themselves, they are already currently relevant members of the Horde.

You just didn't.
    Actually i did ^^
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

There's a big disparity between datamine of what we have and immediately equating it as upcoming content. Even the datamine video covering it in Username's post above has the commentator state that even he is taking this with a pinch of salt. He even gives the disclaimer straight up - "This is not allied races confirmed, cuz I don't think it is, this is more of a 'Why does this exist?"

The gear situation is still a pretty big factor, and that's my personal opinion of what makes something like the Night Fae fairy or the Maldraxxus abomination as unlikely. Kyrian and Venthyr? More plausible to me simply on a technical basis, but even then I wouldn't equate that to them being set to become playable quite yet.

I'll say I'd be very surprised if Blizzard intends that female Maldraxxian Abomination option to be playable.

---

Yeah, I don't think this is anything to do with Allied Races at all. I'm not saying they won't ever be an Allied Race, just that this particular datamine doesn't seem to be suggesting that.
    Maldraxxus Abomination is clearly placeholder, this was datamined a long time ago in the Alpha before there were any models for the Gladiators. Now we have Maldraxxi and they are recycled Kul Tiran Human, and it would especially make sense for Blizzard to add Maldraxxi because they always recycle a playable race rig at least once.

Even the story direction is leading towards all of the covenants joining the party, there are references to visiting Azeroth in all four of the campaign stories.

Allied Races are such a huge cash cow, race changes are nearly half the price of a new expansion at a tiny fraction of the cost to implement, the ROI on them must be ridiculous. Angels, Fauns, Vampires and Ogres are core fantasy RPG races, they fit right in. Venthyr on the Horde finally gives the game a proper Vampire vs Werewolf fantasy, and Sylvar solves the problem of Satyrs on the Alliance without complicated Night Elf corruption business. Kyrians give Alliance a good looking thin Human male and a medium female build, as well. Maldraxxi are Ogres that solve the problem of them being boring as hell.

It's going to be a 10.x pre-order incentive like the Legion ARs were for BFA.

Maybe if the Allied Race system wasn't a thing, it would be a stretch to believe. But cmon, we are 10 races deep now in the system. I would go so far as to say that the Shadowlands creative direction put the covenant race design as future Allied Races first, and story/worldbuilding second.
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-09-30 at 01:52 PM.

Again, source?

It's as obvious as Vulpera being set to become playable.

Like every speculation, you gotta take things "with a grain of salt". The guy can't promise that it would happen.

The gear situation is still a pretty big factor, and that's my personal opinion of what makes something like the Night Fae fairy or the Maldraxxus abomination as unlikely.
    Night Fae Fairy? who said they're gonna be playable? We're obviously talking about Sylvar.

Maldraxxus Abomination? It's the Maldraxxus Gladiators that are in discussion.

Kyrian and Venthyr? More plausible to me simply on a technical basis, but even then I wouldn't equate that to them being set to become playable quite yet.
    And why not?

Again, a misinterpretation on your part. Maldraxxian Gladiators, not Abomination.
    And if you did mean them, then yes, they gave them the Female Kul Tiran skeleton (i wonder why ).

I know. That's when most speculation about them occured. And he's got the most on-point videos. Do a search on youtube and see others if you want.

What do they say? and what are your suspicions?

It could have been related to Covenant UI, but they are still being set for playability due to the sheer fact of the way they were being set:

Male and Female? ✓
    Up-to-date textures and animations? ✓
    Unique animations (Sylvar Running)? ✓
    Some customization options?✓
    A reputation associated with them? ✓
    Fulfillment of missing archetypes (Angel, Faun, Vampire and i guess Gladiator, even though it is a profession and not a mythical creature)? ✓

Maldraxxus Abomination is clearly placeholder, this was datamined a long time ago in the Alpha before there were any models for the Gladiators. Now we have Maldraxxi and they are recycled Kul Tiran Human, and it would especially make sense for Blizzard to add Maldraxxi because they always recycle a playable race rig at least once.

Even the story direction is leading towards all of the covenants joining the party, there are references to visiting Azeroth in all four of the campaign stories.

Allied Races are such a huge cash cow, race changes are nearly half the price of a new expansion at a tiny fraction of the cost to implement, the ROI on them must be ridiculous. Angels, Fauns, Vampires and Ogres are core fantasy RPG races, they fit right in. Venthyr on the Horde finally gives the game a proper Vampire vs Werewolf fantasy, and Sylvar solves the problem of Satyrs on the Alliance without complicated Night Elf corruption business. Kyrians give Alliance a good looking thin Human male and a medium female build, as well. Maldraxxi are Ogres that solve the problem of them being boring as hell.

Maybe if the Allied Race system wasn't a thing, it would be a stretch to believe. But cmon, we are 10 races deep now in the system. I would go so far as to say that the Shadowlands creative direction put the covenant race design as future Allied Races first, and story/worldbuilding second.
    I agree with everything you said, except for Maldraxxus Gladiators being Ogres. They are not. They are Undead hulks. Ogres are a different creature.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-09-30 at 02:51 PM.

I
    Like every speculation, you gotta take things "with a grain of salt". The guy can't promise that it would happen.
    Neither can any of us. Thus my pointing out of your claim that they are set to become playable - I asked you if it was what you think or what you know, and you haven't been clear on your answer, just pointing out how it's 'definitely gonna happen' even though it's purely speculation.

Do a search on youtube and see others if you want.
    If there is something you intend me to understand and you're not providing the latest information when I asked for a source, then what exactly am I looking for? Just provide it since you already know what it is.

My point of asking a source is so we can discuss the same relevant information. If I end up finding a Taliesen and Evitel doing their own how-cool-would-it-be report, then that's not what you want me to find or what you'd want to discuss as 'proof', right?

Just gimme the sources so we can be on the same page, otherwise I am literally still taking this all with a grain of salt based on what I've seen so far.

As a pre-next expansion allied race incentive? I wouldn't discount the possibility, but I don't think the videos you posted so far were strong enough to draw that conclusion, and I skimmed MrGM vids made more recently and didn't find one covering this further.

---

Did more digging. Jeez, there was a T&E video on this after all, and he implies your CURRENT character would permanently become a covenant race in order to make sense of them playable. Yeah, thats more than a grain of salt if this is what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-30 at 08:22 PM.

The problem with Maldraxxi is that the skeletons would have a problem wearing player gear with how their body kind of caves in below the ribs, like a more extreme form of Forsakens bony elbows and knees before they could choose less rotten skin complexions, even if they use the Gladiators, that gives 2 more new problems, them being portrayed almost exclusively as warriors, and the fact they don't have any actual heads, just the hoods/masks so they'd have to get creative with how the head would get customized

and on all the covenants joining the alliance or horde, I'd expect they'd all be neutral, or at least Kyrian and Sylvar should be, as there are Horde members among the Kyrians ranks such as Warbrave Oro, and the Night Fae story is just as connected to Trolls and the Loa as they are to Night Elves and the Wild Gods, and Venthyr and Maldraxxi both have strong connections to Horde with Kael and Aggra being prominent, though with Kael he's just a soul assigned to them, while Aggra leads a chunk of the Maldraxxi

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    and on all the covenants joining the alliance or horde, I'd expect they'd all be neutral, or at least Kyrian and Sylvar should be,
    Do the Sylvar have female options even? I've only noticed the faerie-like people, and I doubt they would be playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Maldraxxus Abomination is clearly placeholder, this was datamined a long time ago in the Alpha before there were any models for the Gladiators..
    So basically making my point that they're not using the Ogre-based model, which means Ogres aren't gonna be sharing a skeleton system with the Maldraxxi since that was a placeholder model.

My whole point is related to Ogres, not as a means to dismiss the possibility of Covenant allied races. Let me be very clear here. Whether Covenants will be playable is a different matter, and I want to clarify that I see it as speculation, not something to regard as confirmed. That is where I stand on that matter.

Where it concerns Ogres, my point is still that they do not have a rig to share as an allied race, and would need their own like the Maldraxxi Abomination placeholder. And I don't regard either the Ogre or Abomination to be 'working towards becoming playable'
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-30 at 08:43 PM.