Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Come on man, the lore is that they are literally beings from a higher plane of existence, they are creatures from the afterlife. Their whole sense of morality is different.
    And Lightforged Draenei were from outer space with a purpose of exterminating the Legion. Mag'har Orcs were not only from another planet, but from another reality altogether. And Void elves are from outer space, as well. Their purpose is to master the Void.

    No, the point is that "joining a faction" DOESN'T make sense for them, because why would they care about the politics of our world?
    Why would any otherworldly creature? Simple, because we've got involved with each other, pulled them into our situation and built a relationship with them.

    That's why a mercenary/neutral approach would make more sense for me, because it would be about individual choice as to where this Kyrian or Sylvar simply wants to hang around.
    You can say that about any race. But, the fact that these races are distinct from one another and mesh well with a certain faction, tells us where they belong.

    Of course they could take an interest on the cosmic conflict and that would be a good reason for them to become playable, but that same motive would make the whole "picking a faction" thing senseless, as even US from Azeroth have to throw the faction conflict aside when it comes to that.
    That's called PVE content. It does not nullify PvP.

    That's my point; I can see the Shadowlands races as playable, but they would have to be neutral, so that at least in universe they exist outside the Horde/Alliance dichotomy.
    Unlikely. They have rivalries of their own and certain agendas that don't just lend themselves to everybody.

    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Gladiators would make the dopest Allied Race. They are way better than Ogres and the House of the Chosen has every reason to bounce to Azeroth.
    I don't know if they're better than Ogres, but what this guy don't understand is that Blizzard can't possibly neglect the Necrolords while adding all other covenant races. They'd have to pick one from each realm. And, as it stands, only Gladiators have a female model in Maldraxxus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    They are a bit odd in general like triceron said. They realy dont look or feel like they were suppose to be a playable race. They are just part of the maldraxus kit that doesnt have 1 definited race to go by. Kyrian and Venthyr are different in that sense its very clear who we are talking about.
    They're the only ones with a female model. What, you think they'd only add some Shadowlands races?

    Maldraxxus and night fea are the odd ones imo.
    Night Fae are obviously Sylvar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The maldraxxus skeletons look way more playable then the unfinnished model that is known as gladiators.
    They don't have a female model. And you cannot have gendered skeletons because of reasons (lack of feminine or masculine features due to lack of flesh).

    Lets be honest kyrian and venthyr are just in a better state in what a playable race should be.
    And Sylvar. I don't know why you keep forgetting them.

    Rexxar model imo should be the base for ogres, who have a much richer history and should be playable, I rather see that then trying to make those gladiators work. They are just guards that use kul tiran base.. so idk about that.
    Why not both?
    I don't know why they chose Gladiators, but they are obviously being set up to be the Maldraxxus allied race.
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The maldraxxus skeletons look way more playable then the unfinnished model that is known as gladiators.

    Lets be honest kyrian and venthyr are just in a better state in what a playable race should be.

    Rexxar model imo should be the base for ogres, who have a much richer history and should be playable, I rather see that then trying to make those gladiators work. They are just guards that use kul tiran base.. so idk about that.
    True, though I admit I would much prefer Lichs over "simple" Skeletons and Stoneborn over both. Having flying races on both sides(Ascended Kyrians for the Alliance) would be a nice change.

    I think before they add any more "out of the blue" Allied Races they need to add the ones that are technically already apart of the Horde and Alliance

    Namely the Stonemaul Orges and Stillpine Furbolgs

    After that they can add whatever crazy ARs people want.

    I kinda agree. Adding them makes sense, but right now adding races from the Covenants seems more logical.

    My bet is e get the Sylvars, Venthyr, Ascended Kyrians and Stoneborn during the last small story patch, when we deal with the massive change in the Shadowlands. Ogers, Furbolgs and some more(Saberon/Bothani, because Blizz really must deliver) once 10.0 launches.

  3. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    My bet is e get the Sylvars, Venthyr, Ascended Kyrians and Stoneborn during the last small story patch, when we deal with the massive change in the Shadowlands.
    You're unlikely to get ascended Kyrians, but the non-winged ones instead. Things like wings would most likely be a back gear piece.

    They wouldn't add Stoneborn, either. You just skipped a covenant race - one from Maldraxxus.
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And Lightforged Draenei were from outer space with a purpose of exterminating the Legion. Mag'har Orcs were not only from another planet, but from another reality altogether. And Void elves are from outer space, as well. Their purpose is to master the Void.



    Why would any otherworldly creature? Simple, because we've got involved with each other, pulled them into our situation and built a relationship with them.



    You can say that about any race. But, the fact that these races are distinct from one another and mesh well with a certain faction, tells us where they belong.



    That's called PVE content. It does not nullify PvP.



    Unlikely. They have rivalries of their own and certain agendas that don't just lend themselves to everybody.



    I don't know if they're better than Ogres, but what this guy don't understand is that Blizzard can't possibly neglect the Necrolords while adding all other covenant races. They'd have to pick one from each realm. And, as it stands, only Gladiators have a female model in Maldraxxus.



    They're the only ones with a female model. What, you think they'd only add some Shadowlands races?



    Night Fae are obviously Sylvar.



    They don't have a female model. And you cannot have gendered skeletons because of reasons (lack of feminine or masculine features due to lack of flesh).



    And Sylvar. I don't know why you keep forgetting them.



    Why not both?
    I don't know why they chose Gladiators, but they are obviously being set up to be the Maldraxxus allied race.
    I was just saying they look more playable or finnished.. that they lack a female model is true, but ogres never had them either. The gladiators use kul tiran model and they happen to have a female model.

    I dont think its so obvious as you think.. like I said, they are just kul tirans with no faces and are just shown as guards, not even talking about the options of the model it self. Ogres are on the list as fan favorites for a long ass time, if the rexxar model is an indication of what an playable ogre should be, then.. I see them happening more likely then those guards that use the Kul'Tiran model. Also the focus of the Maldraxxus is mostly on Draka, now leader, Mograine and couple of skeletons. Even the skeletons look morr playable.

    The bl was that both Kyrian and venthyr seem more fleshed out and is a single race compared to a range of undead creatures and orc and human, but time will tell.. we will see.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-10-19 at 08:44 PM.
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

  5. #465
    I fail to see how the NPC Maldraxxus Gladiators being less refined than a playable rig is relevant at all considering the first time we saw Vulpera they looked like this with all the armor baked on:



    I don't see how the Male Maldraxxus Gladiator's we have are any less there. Draka being the leader of the House of the Chosen is ez mode lore justification.


  6. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You're unlikely to get ascended Kyrians, but the non-winged ones instead. Things like wings would most likely be a back gear piece.

    They wouldn't add Stoneborn, either. You just skipped a covenant race - one from Maldraxxus.
    Yea I feel the same way..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I fail to see how the NPC Maldraxxus Gladiators being less refined than a playable rig is relevant at all considering the first time we saw Vulpera they looked like this with all the armor baked on:



    I don't see how the Male Maldraxxus Gladiator's we have are any less there. Draka being the leader of the House of the Chosen is ez mode lore justification.

    They are just hooded guards...with no face. I find it hard to compare, but could be just me..
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You're unlikely to get ascended Kyrians, but the non-winged ones instead. Things like wings would most likely be a back gear piece.

    They wouldn't add Stoneborn, either. You just skipped a covenant race - one from Maldraxxus.
    But being only able to play Kyrian Aspirants and having Ascended right there would be so infuriating, You'd basically be reducing angels to just blue humans, I mean it's not like losing the ability to use back piece would take anything away unlike Mechagnomes limbs since most are just 2d patterns that can only get so interesting

    Also between Venthyr and some version of Stoneborn, I'd take Stoneborn, even if it's just a watered down version using Draenei animations, I... well, I just think male Venthyr have weird Torsos

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And Lightforged Draenei were from outer space with a purpose of exterminating the Legion. Mag'har Orcs were not only from another planet, but from another reality altogether. And Void elves are from outer space, as well. Their purpose is to master the Void.
    Dude it's really not the same, they are all mortal races with mortal desires; Void Elves literally originate on Azeroth and had been part of both Alliance and Horde. It's like you're unable to see the metaphysical difference.

    If they joined either faction, at most it should work like the Pandaren, with each group "choosing" a side from an overall neutral pool; the overall issue is that the Shadowlands "races", as organizations, are going to continue to be neutral in their realm, so how do you justify a group of that race, coming to Azeroth, and deciding to join a specific faction?

    The only one that makes sense for that would be Draka as a leader, but then why would she leave her position as Margrave? That's the whole issue, what would necessitate swaths of the covenant forces to leave their higher plane of existence and worry themselves with the pity concerns of the mortals of one world?

    I really think the metaphysical difference of purpose and scale is not clicking for you.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2021-10-19 at 06:55 PM.

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I don't see how the Male Maldraxxus Gladiator's we have are any less there. Draka being the leader of the House of the Chosen is ez mode lore justification.

    ... but that's the point of it all. There's no notable Gladiators (as in NPCs who use those models) at all, and Draka isn't exactly using the female Maldraxxus Gladiator model is she?

    None of the notable Maldraxxians are. Mograine is Mograine, Draka is Draka. I don't really understand how this equates to having fully-face covered Gladiators be playable.

    To me it'd just be easier to have a racial option for existing race skins to simply adapt a Necrolord glowing eyes and pale-skin option if that's what it really comes down to, since that's pretty much what Draka and Mograine end up being. Sure, the Gladiator model is cool, but as pointed out it's not really representing a Playable Race right now either considering how its design is literally a 'faceless NPC soldier'. I wouldn't mind Blizzard adapting it to be playable, but I don't really see em going out of their way in adapting them either. I personally think all of the Shadowlands races are pretty well rooted in the Shadowlands, much like how most of the Draenor races like Botani, Arrakoa and Saberon are pretty much non-playable still.

    But time is still early to tell.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-19 at 07:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    But being only able to play Kyrian Aspirants and having Ascended right there would be so infuriating, You'd basically be reducing angels to just blue humans, I mean it's not like losing the ability to use back piece would take anything away unlike Mechagnomes limbs since most are just 2d patterns that can only get so interesting

    Also between Venthyr and some version of Stoneborn, I'd take Stoneborn, even if it's just a watered down version using Draenei animations, I... well, I just think male Venthyr have weird Torsos
    So true! I'm just looking up at winged Kyrians hovering above me in Korthia and they still look so gracefull ...

  11. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    ... but that's the point of it all. There's no notable Gladiators (as in NPCs who use those models) at all, and Draka isn't exactly using the female Maldraxxus Gladiator model is she?

    None of the notable Maldraxxians are. Mograine is Mograine, Draka is Draka. I don't really understand how this equates to having fully-face covered Gladiators be playable.

    To me it'd just be easier to have a racial option for existing race skins to simply adapt a Necrolord glowing eyes and pale-skin option if that's what it really comes down to, since that's pretty much what Draka and Mograine end up being. Sure, the Gladiator model is cool, but as pointed out it's not really representing a Playable Race right now either considering how its design is literally a 'faceless NPC soldier'. I wouldn't mind Blizzard adapting it to be playable, but I don't really see em going out of their way in adapting them either. I personally think all of the Shadowlands races are pretty well rooted in the Shadowlands, much like how most of the Draenor races like Botani, Arrakoa and Saberon are pretty much non-playable still.

    But time is still early to tell.
    I remember an idea that basically, we could get "playable SL races" by our characters "ascending" rather than being members of saidcovenant. So we become such "race", with racials based on the covenant ability perhaps, each one with their own model.

    The "Maldraxxi Gladiator" NPC is pretty much the apex of Maldraxxian strength, so it would make sense for their ascended form the way Kyrian, Sylvar and Venthyr would make for their own covenants. As far as the customization options go, they could be given faces, but a lot of fun stuff could still be done with solid black heads.

  12. #472
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    ... but that's the point of it all. There's no notable Gladiators (as in NPCs who use those models) at all, and Draka isn't exactly using the female Maldraxxus Gladiator model is she?

    None of the notable Maldraxxians are. Mograine is Mograine, Draka is Draka. I don't really understand how this equates to having fully-face covered Gladiators be playable.

    To me it'd just be easier to have a racial option for existing race skins to simply adapt a Necrolord glowing eyes and pale-skin option if that's what it really comes down to, since that's pretty much what Draka and Mograine end up being. Sure, the Gladiator model is cool, but as pointed out it's not really representing a Playable Race right now either considering how its design is literally a 'faceless NPC soldier'. I wouldn't mind Blizzard adapting it to be playable, but I don't really see em going out of their way in adapting them either. I personally think all of the Shadowlands races are pretty well rooted in the Shadowlands, much like how most of the Draenor races like Botani, Arrakoa and Saberon are pretty much non-playable still.

    But time is still early to tell.
    Honestly the Ogre-like Gladiator's look like dog shit, the Krexus style of Gladiator looks mega dope. They got the cinematic treatment and everything! 40 seconds ->

    Last edited by choom; 2021-10-19 at 07:59 PM.

  13. #473
    As a tengent; while I prefer the idea of Shadowlands AR's being neutral, I think the idea of our characters "ascending" could more easily allow for a factioned approach; For example, Playable Sylvar would be Night Elves granted such a boon by the Winter Queen as a thank you to her sisters, as well as allowing the fallen in Teldrassil to choose to return to Azeroth as Sylvar as well, creating a stronger factional presence for them in Azeroth.

    We could have a similar approach to the Venthyr through Kael, Uther and the Kyrian and Draka and the Necrolords. Basically, our characters getting such a boon through our personal relationship to those important figures:

    Alliance: Tyrande -> Sylvar
    Uther -> Kyrian

    Horde: Draka -> Gladiator
    Kael'thas -> Venthyr

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Honestly the Ogre-like Gladiator's look like dog shit, the Krexus style of Gladiator looks mega dope. They got the cinematic treatment and everything! 40 seconds ->
    Isn't Krexus practically the only one who looks like that though? The other Gladiators are all the dogshit variety, and I don't see those being adapted to being playable. Nor do I see them taking Krexus' uniqueness away from him and having his model be playable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    As a tengent; while I prefer the idea of Shadowlands AR's being neutral, I think the idea of our characters "ascending" could more easily allow for a factioned approach; For example, Playable Sylvar would be Night Elves granted such a boon by the Winter Queen as a thank you to her sisters, as well as allowing the fallen in Teldrassil to choose to return to Azeroth as Sylvar as well, creating a stronger factional presence for them in Azeroth.
    If they were ever made playable, I agree that neutrality would be the best choice, given that's how our own characters approach Covenants.

    I don't know about the ascension idea though. I saw T&E talk about it, and it makes sense but involves a lot of permanence that I don't think people are going to want to adopt. Shadowlands is going to be less relevant as we move forward to different expansions, not more relevant. To me, the shadowlands races are gonna be like Hozen/Jinyu being asked for as playable races when MoP was hot. Legion's races all got the benefit of being Allied Races following into BFA which made a big deal out of it, but I expect the focus to shift for the next expansion to something bigger than just Allied Races or Covenant carry overs.

    I honestly feel like them doing the Allied Race thing for the Shadowlands races is just gonna bloat what they've already been unable to handle. Like content-wise, this expansion has already been suffering, and I don't see them drawing it out and dedicating more resources to elaborating these races into playable form when they could easily be spending that development time on pushing out the next big content theme instead. I feel like with 9.2 not even talked about yet and with 9.3 possibly completely cut out, a lot of these Covenant stories might not even get the proper story conclusions after we leave Shadowlands. They'll more likely be left behind as entry-level NPCs like Sethrak and Drust, while the primary focus of the 9.2 content will be straight into the Maw.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-19 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  15. #475
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    But being only able to play Kyrian Aspirants and having Ascended right there would be so infuriating, You'd basically be reducing angels to just blue humans, I mean it's not like losing the ability to use back piece would take anything away unlike Mechagnomes limbs since most are just 2d patterns that can only get so interesting

    Also between Venthyr and some version of Stoneborn, I'd take Stoneborn, even if it's just a watered down version using Draenei animations, I... well, I just think male Venthyr have weird Torsos
    Oh, I can't believe I forgot about the Stoneborn! Them playable would be so awesome, but I worry about what others say about inhabitants of the Shadowlands fighting for Horde/Alliance.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    As a tengent; while I prefer the idea of Shadowlands AR's being neutral, I think the idea of our characters "ascending" could more easily allow for a factioned approach; For example, Playable Sylvar would be Night Elves granted such a boon by the Winter Queen as a thank you to her sisters, as well as allowing the fallen in Teldrassil to choose to return to Azeroth as Sylvar as well, creating a stronger factional presence for them in Azeroth.

    We could have a similar approach to the Venthyr through Kael, Uther and the Kyrian and Draka and the Necrolords. Basically, our characters getting such a boon through our personal relationship to those important figures:

    Alliance: Tyrande -> Sylvar
    Uther -> Kyrian

    Horde: Draka -> Gladiator
    Kael'thas -> Venthyr
    But, you just said in your opening paragraph that you'd like the Shadowlands AR's to be neutral, but then show them being divided by faction.
    Last edited by Mungho; 2021-10-19 at 08:15 PM.

  16. #476
    Gosh people really wasting their breath on covenant races as ARs? They have literally 0 chances to happen, they make no sense lore wise, their models weren't set up for it and I don't think many players would actually want to play one of those on dimensional things...

  17. #477
    I feel the same way about the Shadowlands as I do AU Draenor. I want as little of it as possible seeping into the main universe once this expansion is over.

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Isn't Krexus practically the only one who looks like that though? The other Gladiators are all the dogshit variety, and I don't see those being adapted to being playable. Nor do I see them taking Krexus' uniqueness away from him and having his model be playable.
    It's also not helping when he was ditched pretty early on and the focus shifts completely to Draka, mograine and some liches.

    I see the Legion argument being brought up before, but look it this way.. did we get all legion forces as allied races? The vrykul and broken were left out for example. Who says (if) we are getting sl races that we get all 4 of them, when maybe they have 2 in mind, who knows. It's not like it's weird to think that, when we saw it happening before.
    I am just being honest here and that is, that I find Maldraxxus and Night fea have fewer things or less focus on 1 race that really shines or true representives. They are both filled a with a bunch of different creatures.. the only one that seems plausible are idd the Sylvar as Choom mentioned, but even then it feels like Kyrian and Venthyr are more fleshed out in that sense.
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It's also not helping when he was ditched pretty early on and the focus shifts completely to Draka, mograine and some liches.

    I see the Legion argument being brought up before, but look it this way.. did we get all legion forces as allied races? The vrykul and broken were left out for example. Who says (if) we are getting sl races that we get all 4 of them, when maybe they have 2 in mind, who knows. It's not like it's weird to think that, when we saw it happening before.
    I am just being honest here and that is, that I find Maldraxxus and Night fea have fewer things or less focus on 1 race that really shines or true representives. They are both filled a with a bunch of different creatures.. the only one that seems plausible are idd the Sylvar as Choom mentioned, but even then it feels like Kyrian and Venthyr are more fleshed out in that sense.
    The thing is I don't even see 2 happening.

    None of the races are really adapted for Playable Race form, unlike the races we've seen in BFA (including the work done at the end of Legion-pre-BFA, which I include as BFA content) which were built to be adapted as playable. We have some races like Sylvar who use female Draenei animations, but that alone isn't enough to call them playable. The Gladiators are honestly the worst offenders, with no one actually wanting to play as the Ogre-based Gladiators and simply arguing that they would or should be playable. Like, I've not seen anyone actually want to play as a faceless Gladiator - the conversation is slipping away to some other variant of Maldraxxian, and that kinda defeats the whole point of 'adapting' them as Allied Races since we're literally gonna be talking about a new race entirely that we haven't seen any model for; one that has a face model or uses a unique NPC (Krexus) model that also hasn't been adapted to a common player skeleton.

    At that point it's like the Quillboar example I gave much earlier. Just because we can argue a Quillboar could be adapted using Orc skeleton doesn't mean it will somehow become playable, even if the lore happens to tie in some new Quillboar content. The amount of work involved to retrofit a completely new Gladiator doesn't fit the whole point of an Allied Race, which is meant to be a low-cost adaptation of a playable race.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-19 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  20. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I was just saying they look more playable or finnished.. that they lack a female model is true, but ogres never had them either. The gladiators use kul tiran model and they happen to have a female model.
    An Ogre female model would most likely be based on the female Kul Tiran skeleton.

    Sylvar true.. but how likely you see them happening? I mean it could happen, but it seems less likely looking at their model.
    What's wrong with their model? they use the playable female draenei skeleton, have a male and female counterparts, possess several customization options and have a unique running animation.

    I dont think its so obvious as you think.. like I said, they are just kul tirans with no faces. Ogres are on the list as fan fovorites for a long time as well.. I see them happening more likely.
    Got any other Maldraxxus race? They wouldn't add all 3 others , but leave out Maldraxxus.
    They do have faces. I don't know if model-wise, but probably like that of Krexus.
    I'm not saying Ogres aren't. I'm saying they're currently setting up the Shadowlands races for playability.

    The buttom line was that both Kyrian and venthyr seem more fleshed out and is a single race compared to a range of undead creatures. But time will tell.. we will see.
    You've got owl people and several automatons in Bastion and Stoneborn, Dredgers, and Bigguns in Revendreth. The same is in Maldraxxus. That you cannot tell them apart is not an issue. Each realm holds one possible allied race.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    But being only able to play Kyrian Aspirants and having Ascended right there would be so infuriating, You'd basically be reducing angels to just blue humans, I mean it's not like losing the ability to use back piece would take anything away unlike Mechagnomes limbs since most are just 2d patterns that can only get so interesting
    I agree. But, i think it would interfere with armor an such. No playable race was added with wings.

    Also between Venthyr and some version of Stoneborn, I'd take Stoneborn, even if it's just a watered down version using Draenei animations, I... well, I just think male Venthyr have weird Torsos
    Well, it's not what your prefer. It's what plausible. Stoneborn use Metamorphosis skeleton and are unfit for playability as a race.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Dude it's really not the same, they are all mortal races with mortal desires; Void Elves literally originate on Azeroth and had been part of both Alliance and Horde. It's like you're unable to see the metaphysical difference.
    Yes, i get it. They are beings of a different realm. The afterlives are not that mysterious anymore. and the beings there are not that special.

    If they joined either faction, at most it should work like the Pandaren, with each group "choosing" a side from an overall neutral pool; the overall issue is that the Shadowlands "races", as organizations, are going to continue to be neutral in their realm, so how do you justify a group of that race, coming to Azeroth, and deciding to join a specific faction?
    Well, not all Pandaren join us, either. Only the Wandering Isle ones. and there don't seem to be different philosophies to the Shadowlands races like there are for the Pandaren.

    The only one that makes sense for that would be Draka as a leader, but then why would she leave her position as Margrave? That's the whole issue, what would necessitate swaths of the covenant forces to leave their higher plane of existence and worry themselves with the pity concerns of the mortals of one world?
    How many times do i have to explain it? we help their covenant to restore order to their realm. We save the Shadowlands from the Jailer. We are the most important thing out there.

    I really think the metaphysical difference of purpose and scale is not clicking for you.
    I think you overestimate things and are oblivious to the fact that we gain reputation with them, as well as them being suit for playability, alongside us being the Heroes of the freaking universe.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I remember an idea that basically, we could get "playable SL races" by our characters "ascending" rather than being members of saidcovenant. So we become such "race", with racials based on the covenant ability perhaps, each one with their own model.
    Not applicable, as it would mean that the Shadowlands races would be able to be every class.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Gosh people really wasting their breath on covenant races as ARs? They have literally 0 chances to happen, they make no sense lore wise, their models weren't set up for it and I don't think many players would actually want to play one of those on dimensional things...
    They have like 100% chance of happening. They make a lot of sense lore-wise. Their models are literally suited for playable standards. Many people would like to play as Fauns, Angels, Vampires and Undead Hulks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I see the Legion argument being brought up before, but look it this way.. did we get all legion forces as allied races? The vrykul and broken were left out for example. Who says (if) we are getting sl races that we get all 4 of them, when maybe they have 2 in mind, who knows. It's not like it's weird to think that, when we saw it happening before.
    We still got 4 Legion races at the end of the expansion: Nightborne, Highmounntain, Lightforged and Void elves.
    As for Vrykul and Broken:
    Firstly, Kyrian use the female Vrykul skeleton, which makes them more likely to become playable in the future.
    Secondly, Argus Broken received the updated Draenei skeleton, instead of the outdated Tauren one (like the TBC ones have), which, again, makes them more likely to become playable in the future.

    I am just being honest here and that is, that I find Maldraxxus and Night fea have fewer things or less focus on 1 race that really shines or true representives. They are both filled a with a bunch of different creatures.. the only one that seems plausible are idd the Sylvar as Choom mentioned, but even then it feels like Kyrian and Venthyr are more fleshed out in that sense.
    Literally:
    Maldraxxus Gladiators = male and female, Kul Tiran and Ogre skeletons.
    Sylvar = male and female, female Draenei skeleton.
    Kyrian = male and female, female Vrykul skeleton.
    Venthyr = male and female, not sure which skeleton (modified Nightborne one?)
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-10-19 at 08:53 PM.
    I'm tempted to apply for a moderator position, just so i can go moderator on your asses.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •