Tortollan

Horde:
    Ogre
    Hozen
    Drogbar
    Vrykul
    Naga

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I'd say purebred Ogres are more likely. There are barely any Mok'nathals left and Blizzard doesn't do half-breeds.

Frostborn, i feel, would be better off as a customization option. Same as Taunka.
    Well, Taunka and Frostborn are as different as Mag'hars and DIDwarfs.
    And for Mok'Nathals - there are village in Outland full of them. And its much more that VElves are in canon. So numbers are irrelevant

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yeah. The starting zones have a lot of flavor, usually have good storylines and fun content, and are tight. The Death Knight intro, Gilneas, Wandering Isle , and Demon Hunter intro beat most of the new expansion zone storylines.
    Call me crazy, but I really dig the Pandaren starting zone. It feels so nice and soothing
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    And for Mok'Nathals - there are village in Outland full of them. And its much more that VElves are in canon. So numbers are irrelevant
    Well, they brought the Mag'har from alternate Draenor instead of Outland, even though the portal was already closed, so i don't think it's that relevant anymore.

Horde:

Half-Orcs: And by half-orcs i mean all half-orcs both Mok'Nathal and Half-Draenei. Have Rexar and Garona be the leaders.
    Their models would be only upright and slightly taller than orcs. Also they would have small horns on their head, with some looking like draenei horns and others looking like ogre ones.

Vampires:
    Have some of the undead go the way of the void-elves and have them start playing around with blood magic to gain power and/or deal with their state of constant decaying bodies. They end up succeding in gaining almost "living" forms but as a consequence they now have to drink the blood of the living. Have them be classic vampires with customizations ranging from the monstrous Nosferatu all the way to Dracula from castlevania. It would be cool if Deathstalker Commander Belmont ends up as one of their leaders.

Alliance:

Dalaran: Have Dalaran fully rejoin the Alliance, and have Khadgar move to Kharazhan full-time and create a new faction called Guardians of Azeroth or smth. Then the Alliance can finally have as a playable race, a race that has a full on magical culture. Seriously th Alliance is mostly consisted of races that descend from the Titans and yet thay have no playable option with a full Arcane focus(Void-Elves and Draenei dont count because though they have great history and knowledge of the Arcane they are mostly defined by the Void and Light respectively). They can use the Kyrian Skeleton(minus the wings) to differentiate from other humans, and of course WIZARD BEARDS. I WANNA MAKE GANDALF.

Warforged:
    A race inspired by the warforged from Eberron.They would be a race with fully mechanical bodies. Some ideas for backstory are a) they are energy beings of pure arcane power(possibly same as Aluneth) that need these bodies to interact with our world, b) they are a lond dead race that after tampering too much with Arcane power lost their bodies and had to create these mechanical ones and c) they are artificial intelligence created through the combined effort of gnome engineers and dwarven golemancers (i prefer this one the most tbh)

5+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian, Venrhyr, Ethereal, Broker, and most importantly a Constellar and Void Lord.

There is really not much I'd want tbh. I'm rather simple, if you give me humans, elves, dwarves and maybe some beast-kin you pretty much have filled my fantasy quota and it's very unlikely in the first place that I'd switch any of my full (twice over) character roster to a completely new race. So new races for me are just ueless tat.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Non-bipedal are problematic: They need to do custom textures for pants and boots, they cant mount properly, if they have no legs (like the naga) the jump animation would look probably weird...
    This is true. But Mechagnomes prove you can have characters with parts of their mog missing.
    And worgen prove that you can be the mount, although worgen can still ride a mount either in human or worgen form. So I guess it wouldn't be an option to have a race that can't have a mount AT ALL. Especially messy for flying.

Personally I would have liked to see gilgoblins, human shaped UD, taunka, hozen, amani, sethrak as allied races for the Horde and jinyu, wildhammer, earthen and frostborn, high-elves and broken as allied races for the Alliance.

Ogres, furbolgs. They are fine but I'd see them being base races, not unlockable allied races

Quote Originally Posted by AthranThom View Post
    Vampires:[/U][/B]Have some of the undead go the way of the void-elves and have them start playing around with blood magic to gain power and/or deal with their state of constant decaying bodies. They end up succeding in gaining almost "living" forms but as a consequence they now have to drink the blood of the living. Have them be classic vampires with customizations ranging from the monstrous Nosferatu all the way to Dracula from castlevania. It would be cool if Deathstalker Commander Belmont ends up as one of their leaders.
    Those would be the Venthyr.

Warforged:[/U][/B]A race inspired by the warforged from Eberron.They would be a race with fully mechanical bodies. Some ideas for backstory are a) they are energy beings of pure arcane power(possibly same as Aluneth) that need these bodies to interact with our world, b) they are a lond dead race that after tampering too much with Arcane power lost their bodies and had to create these mechanical ones and c) they are artificial intelligence created through the combined effort of gnome engineers and dwarven golemancers (i prefer this one the most tbh)
    By their description, those would be the Ethereals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Kyrian, Venrhyr, Ethereal, Broker, and most importantly a Constellar and Void Lord.
    All you said made sense, until you reached Constellar and Void Lords. How are they playable in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Personally I would have liked to see gilgoblins, human shaped UD, taunka, hozen, amani, sethrak as allied races for the Horde and jinyu, wildhammer, earthen and frostborn, high-elves and broken as allied races for the Alliance.

Ogres, furbolgs. They are fine but I'd see them being base races, not unlockable allied races
    Gilgoblins are very likely to be added, since they added a female model, added a reputation attached to them and relocated them to Durotar.

Human shaped Undead are very likely as well, since they added Calia and Derek and affiliated them with the Horde.

Would like to see Hozen as well, but they walk on all four. If they somehow manage to make them walk upright, like a certain Hearthstone card depicts them, then it would be more plausible.

Amani are very likely, since they were part of many of the different Horde versions and are lacking from the Shadowlands troll customization options.

Sethrak are very likely, as well, since they are very animated, to the point that they gave them a sleeping animation.

You can already play as a Wildhammer and High elves through customization.

I don't know about Jinyu, but i believe they have plans for the Ankoan.

Broken from Argus are more likely, since they gave them the updated Draenei skeleton.

Gilgoblins are very likely to be added, since they added a female model, added a reputation attached to them and relocated them to Durotar.

You can already play as a Wildhammer and High elves through customization.
    Not so sure about the gilgoblins. They missed the train of the goblin model update. If it were to happen, they would have planned the thing better, so that they benefit from the new model.

As for Wildhammer and H-E. I just wish they could have been their own race, with their own Racial traits. Especially the Wildhammer.

5+ Year Old Account
    All you said made sense, until you reached Constellar and Void Lords. How are they playable in any way?
    I wish they could be. They are so mysterious and fun. They can be playable if they could have swappable celestial and human-like form, just like the Titans in Argus. If they are properly designed, that would be so fun to have.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-09-18 at 04:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    is funny to see that this thread is almost 3 years older and we do not have any more info about new allied races. Man i kinda miss when we would ahve one expansion with a new class and one expansion with new races.

If they didn't ditch this completely because new customizations are more easy and cheap, i still would like to see Draenor races getting their turn, Saberons and Botani as horde and alliance respectively.

Plus, fucking Ogres, it is about damn time they add then

I would not mind either if the shadowlands races became allied race for the giggles, they do not have any influence in the factions and you just do you, venthyr and necrolords for horde and kyrian and night fae(?) for the alliance.

In truth i would prefer just venthyr and Night fae honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    is funny to see that this thread is almost 3 years older and we do not have any more info about new allied races. Man i kinda miss when we would ahve one expansion with a new class and one expansion with new races.

If they didn't ditch this completely because new customizations are more easy and cheap, i still would like to see Draenor races getting their turn, Saberons and Botani as horde and alliance respectively.
    I honestly think Allied Races were just prototypes for new customs and a feature for post-Legion and BFA.

Except they played themselves because now people demand more customization for them, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think Allied Races were just prototypes for new customs and a feature for post-Legion and BFA.

Except they played themselves because now people demand more customization for them, lol.
    i don't think so, it was a way so they could "sell" new races easily, But the customizations came in and is somethign even easily and even cheaper,

Think about, before, they had to create a hole new area, a starting zone, a chainquest, NPcs, Lore about, and tie with the current expansion, as we can see Danuseur is too much incompetent for that.

Then allied race come to fix most of this problems, no new area and a big starting zone, with a chainquest, it is a minor questline to unlock then, you can make a little hub inside a city or get something that is already done and boom, "new race".

The customization is even more cheap, just throw some new colors in the dressing room and its done, you don't even need to give an explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for Horde. Use Kul Tiran skeleton.
    Naga for Alliace. Uses unique skeleton.

Etherals for Horde. Probably use Elf skeleton.
    Broken for Alliance. Uses unique skeleton.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Ogres.
    Broken.
    Nathanos Human
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Alliance:
    Arakkoa
    Jinyu
    Sethrak
    Furbolg
    Tortollan

Horde:
    Ogre
    Hozen
    Drogbar
    Vrykul
    Naga
    Naga will NEVER be Horde...
    The only race they can use as a doorway to playable race is Night Elf. It's 100% an Alliance race.

Also, Vrykul is more alligned to Alliance than Horde.

Sethrak seem more logic for Horde than Alliance.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Vulpera.

Oh hey now. How about Androids? Now that would be cool. Vulpera Androids.

Not so sure about the gilgoblins. They missed the train of the goblin model update. If it were to happen, they would have planned the thing better, so that they benefit from the new model.
    They can still benefit from it. The updated skeleton exist in playable Goblins, they just need to update their textures.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Ogres for Horde. Use Kul Tiran skeleton.
    Naga for Alliace. Uses unique skeleton.
    Naga don't have legs.
    But, if they could somehow tweak the Naga skeleton to that of a Sethrak, they might have a chance.

Etherals for Horde. Probably use Elf skeleton.
    Broken for Alliance. Uses unique skeleton.
    Ethereals would most likely use Broker skeleton.
    Broken would use the Draenei skeleton (like those of Argus).

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Ogres.
    Broken.
    Nathanos Human
    All plausible options.
    You have Kul Tiran and Maldraxxus Gladiator skeletons and Stonemaul Ogres on the Horde.
    You have Argussian Broken using Draenei skeleton.
    We have Calia and Derek affiliated with the Horde, using Human skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Naga will NEVER be Horde...
    The only race they can use as a doorway to playable race is Night Elf. It's 100% an Alliance race.
    Then, you don't know nothing about lore. Lady Vashj and her Naga allied themselves with Kael'thas and the Blood elves in Warcraft 3. Plus, they suffer from magic addiction much like Blood elves and Nightborne. They have more in common with the than with Night elves, who most likely wouldn't accept them.

Sethrak seem more logic for Horde than Alliance.
    Hard to say, since they enslaved the Vulpera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga don't have legs.
    But, if they could somehow tweak the Naga skeleton to that of a Sethrak, they might have a chance.
    I did write "Uses a unique skeleton", didn't I?

Ethereals would most likely use Broker skeleton.
    Broken would use the Draenei skeleton (like those of Argus).
    Strip away the bandages from Ethereals, they look a lot more like elves than Brokers, even if the kin-ship have been confirmed (??).
    Broken (Nagrand/Shadowmoon Valley in TBC) doesn't look like Draenei in game. I don't see them share a skeleton.

Then, you don't know nothing about lore. Lady Vashj and her Naga allied themselves with Kael'thas and the Blood elves in Warcraft 3.
    Pretty sure they allied with Kael'thas and Illidan ONLY.. Not with Blood or Night elves as a whole..

Or more correctly, Illidan allied himself with Kael'thas (and the Blood Elves) and Lady Vashj (and the Naga), by giving them the vials. It wasn't (as I understood it) an alliance between Blood Elves and Naga in any way, but like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of situation.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2021-09-18 at 03:30 PM.