Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I know I've said it before but I really hope they add in Frostborn somehow!
    Frostborn as a future playable race plz!

Ogres Horde, Rajani Mogu Alliance. Stoneborn races combo!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    because "fat" kul'tiran are not just fat, they are drust blood related

they could totally get the thin human customization though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well Drust Blood happens to be the lore explanation for what otherwise should still look human. And frankly, this isn't even official, just vague wording regarding Vrykul intermingling and becoming 'Druids'.

The entire Proudmoore family represents Kul Tiran lineage and they are Human through and through.
    Yeah. The drust blood thing is just a headcanon that has been widely spreading.

The real reason is simpler than that (1:14) : They are big because they hunt big monsters.

3+ Year Old Account
    Kul Tirans are fat just to differentiate playable Stormwindian to Kul Tiran for gameplay purposes, that's it

at least Gilneans are on Worgen form when you fight them
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hate that most allied races aren't even proper races but just customisation options.

Would've been way better if the Alliance got Stillpine furbolg and Exodar krokul, both are members of the Alliance since TBC.

The Horde got alot of good allied races, but a few walking customisation options (looking at you mag'har), and instead of playable mag'har should've been Gorian ogre and their Ogre High Culture!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Yeah. The drust blood thing is just a headcanon that has been widely spreading.
    isn't headcanon, is just not completely spelled out.

The real reason is simpler than that (1:14) : They are big because they hunt big monsters.
    That is not how evolution works though, otherwise anyone would get that big, and it is impossible to grow 8ft tall and develop a entire different set of racials and body modifications that reflect, almost identically, the drust.

Well Drust Blood happens to be the lore explanation for what otherwise should still look human. And frankly, this isn't even official, just vague wording regarding Vrykul intermingling and becoming 'Druids'.
    the lore precisely says the drust of old joined kul'tiran society, isn't rocket science to know what happened after that.

The entire Proudmoore family represents Kul Tiran lineage and they are Human through and through.
    Obviously, they didn't mixed with the drust, as a "proud" family, they would want to stay with the noble heritage .

isn't headcanon, is just not completely spelled out.
    Yeah, that's how headcanons work. Believable speculations and theories that are never confirmed.

That is not how evolution works though, otherwise anyone would get that big, and it is impossible to grow 8ft tall and develop a entire different set of racials and body modifications that reflect, almost identically, the drust.
    In a world where exposure to magic makes a new race, do you really want to bet on logical evolution, though ?

The only reason this drust blood headcanon is so widely spread is because it makes more sense than the Blizzard given reason, I'll give you that.
    And there's nothing wrong in spreading a theory that makes sense. As long as you don't take it for granted.

the lore precisely says the drust of old joined kul'tiran society, isn't rocket science to know what happened after that.
    Cooperation leads to sex ?

Tortollan is the only race they'll ever need.

Obviously, they didn't mixed with the drust, as a "proud" family, they would want to stay with the noble heritage .
    And it's still headcanon to believe the Kul Tiran you play actually has Drust blood in them. It's not explicitly stated as being the reason why you're huge, and it isn't an explanation at all considering Drust are just another form of Vrykul that the Humans descended from so it doesn't contribute to their larger sizes at all any more than their Vrykul ancestry would have.

Any Drust connection is solely exclusive to Druids in lore, not to Kul Tiran in general.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-23 at 04:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's how headcanons work. Believable speculations and theories that are never confirmed.
    it is said they joined kul'tiran society, when a group join another it leads to miscegenation, it is even more blatantly when only those specific breed of kul'tirans are, almost, exactly the same as the drust, and there are no more drusts, and only those can become druids just like the drust of old. Is not headcanon, is just pure logic.

In a world where exposure to magic makes a new race, do you really want to bet on logical evolution, though ?
    I want, where is not mention of exposure of magic, if it was, then i would stand corrected.
    The only reason this drust blood headcanon is so widely spread is because it makes more sense than the Blizzard given reason, I'll give you that.
    And there's nothing wrong in spreading a theory that makes sense. As long as you don't take it for granted.
    Like i said, we have all the facts there, they gave to us, unless they retcon what we have and say with all words isn't the case there is not much we can't do.

Cooperation leads to sex ?
    they never said cooperation, they said, they joined their society, and since there is no more drusts, only humans that look exactly like then, even in size, again, not rocket science to know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Sethrak. I would love to play as a snakeperson.

I mean come on how cool is this
    Give it a Horde uniform and it will become cool

it is said they joined kul'tiran society, when a group join another it leads to miscegenation, it is even more blatantly when only those specific breed of kul'tirans are, almost, exactly the same as the drust, and there are no more drusts, and only those can become druids just like the drust of old. Is not headcanon, is just pure logic.
    Your logic doesn't take into account the witches with a very common human model that use drust magic. Why ? Why would one's biology influence their druidic practice ?

I want, where is not mention of exposure of magic, if it was, then i would stand corrected.
    You know, I could also have taken the example of mechagnomes who are considered a different race because they have cut their limbs, right ? I only took the example of magic exposure because it's the more common to differentiate one "race" from another. Orcs are still orcs, whether mag'har or green. My point was that your argument on growth and racial abilities was flawed.

But I'll give you one better fact than exposure to magic. It is stated that Kul tiran are not a different race from humans, thin or big, they are just different body types.

Like you said it's hardly believable, which is why the theory of drust blood is so common, while never confirmed.

Like i said, we have all the facts there, they gave to us, unless they retcon what we have and say with all words isn't the case there is not much we can't do.

they never said cooperation, they said, they joined their society, and since there is no more drusts, only humans that look exactly like then, even in size, again, not rocket science to know what happened.
    You actually don't have much facts, you're just making assumptions and deductions from a few interpretable ones. The only drusts shown joining kul tiran society are their Thornspeakers and they were only met by those who "heard the call of nature".
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2021-09-23 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. Allied Races were stupid a stupid idea

All humans are descended from Vrykul, so implying the Drust are the reason they're huge is just bogus reasoning. They're large because they're large, and there's no direct explanation why an island nation of seafarers happen to be physically larger than the rest of humans other than it being so. There's no actual lore explanation or implication behind this.

Consider that if Drust Blood was actually a part of the reason why they're huge, then we'd have a connection to Drust in their Racials; which we do not. All their racials just happen to relate to being hardy sailor types.

7+ Year Old Account
    And it's still headcanon to believe the Kul Tiran you play actually has Drust blood in them.
    Like i said, they said that the drust joined kul'tiran society, this isn't a headcanon, is a fact.

You kul'tiran playable is literally a drust with another color.

We don't rly need a a book saying with all words that the drust breed with the humans there, is something logical.

It's not explicitly stated as being the reason why you're huge, and it isn't an explanation at all considering Drust are just another form of Vrykul that the Humans descended from so it doesn't contribute to their larger sizes at all any more than their Vrykul ancestry would have.
    if the kul'tiran being huge is just because "they have vrykul ancestry" then all other humans populations would spawn huge humans, and they would reflect more the vrykul than the drust themselves, who are, apparently, fat.

the only population that sprout huge humans are the kul'tiran, and their differential is that the drust joined their society, not difficulty to know what happened there to cause this weird breed of humans to spawn.

Hozen for the horde
    Jinyu for the allies

7+ Year Old Account
    All humans are descended from Vrykul, so implying the Drust are the reason they're huge is just bogus reasoning.
    it is not, rofl, they are not simple "descended" they are people who got a curse, its just logical that for then to have that size again they need another genetic imput.

This happened all the time though human evolution, where different subspecies of homo breed with themselves, even when one came from another, breeding again would spawn another subspecie.
    They're large because they're large, and there's no direct explanation why an island nation of seafarers happen to be physically larger than the rest of humans other than it being so. There's no actual lore explanation or implication behind this.
    everything has a reason, they are not "large because they are", and there is a direct explanation of why the hell they look exactly the same as the drust who joined their society.

Consider that if Drust Blood was actually a part of the reason why they're huge, then we'd have a connection to Drust in their Racials; which we do not. All their racials just happen to relate to being hardy sailor types.
    they being resistant to cold and having more versatility/resistance is literally a call out to the vrykul, lol and their affinity with the drust magic allowing then to be druids like the drust of old.

but sure, just sailor types, they inherently have cold resistance and more versatility than other people

it is not, rofl, they are not simple "descended" they are people who got a curse, its just logical that for then to have that size again they need another genetic imput.

This happened all the time though human evolution, where different subspecies of homo breed with themselves, even when one came from another, breeding again would spawn another subspecie.
    Let go of the real world logic, please.

everything has a reason, they are not "large because they are", and there is a direct explanation of why the hell they look exactly the same as the drust who joined their society.
    The reason is given in the video I linked earlier, I even put the timestamp. How is it so hard to believe that they became almost as tough as their ancestors were just because they experienced hardship ?

they being resistant to cold and having more versatility/resistance is literally a call out to the vrykul, lol and their affinity with the drust magic allowing then to be druids like the drust of old.

but sure, just sailor types, they inherently have cold resistance and more versatility than other people
    The Racial for Frost and Nature resistance is called Rime of the Ancient Mariner, because they are sailors. The versatility comes from just being big.

You kul'tiran playable is literally a drust with another color.
    Not even close.

Easy way to solve this.

Provide me clear lore stating this happened, and I'll agree with you.

Anything else is your headcanon. Again, very clear here - if you have to imply anything in lore, then that's interpretation; and interpretation is completely subjective and not actual lore. Just as if I said Anduin having nice words with Taelia Fordragon implies they're gonna get married, that is interpretation, not lore. If I said Humans and Forsaken can still be compatible enough to bear offspring, that is interpretation, not lore.

That any type of Drust joined the society doesn't mean anything happened out of it unless it was specifically stated so. All of the Wicker connections are purely magical anyways, so learning to use Wicker Forms is not something directly related to their blood.

there is a direct explanation of why the hell they look exactly the same as the drust who joined their society
    I completely disagree? I don't think they look like Drust at all.

Thornspeakers are all Kul Tiran, not Drust. The Drust have completely died out.

Ulfar is the last of the Drust
    , and we only really ever see him in that wicker form.

The only way this is sustainable as a lore reason is if Blizzard clarifies the point, and makes it unambiguous.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-23 at 05:28 PM.

What annoys me with this discussion is that I completely agree that the drust blood theory makes more sense than "they got big to hunt big sea monsters lol", so I don't know why I'm arguing with someone who thinks the same.

What annoys me with this discussion is that I completely agree that the drust blood theory makes more sense than "they got big to hunt big sea monsters lol", so I don't know why I'm arguing with someone who thinks the same.
    I'd agree it makes complete sense. I originally thought that's exactly what happened too, when they initially announced Kul Tirans and BFA.