Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Booooo Ogres. Mok'Nathal or don't bother.

What skellington does Rexx use?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Try to check then later. a kul'tiran clearly look like a vrykul, way more than normal humans

Kul Tiran are definately the oddball of the bunch. The Drust look more Trolly than anything, but more human or vyrkul than kultiran for sure.

More on topic though, there is another problem with Ogre's that I haven't seen explained yet, and its not the representation of females.

If I'm not mistaken, Ogre's in wow are supposed to be about 12ft tall. Tauren are only 7ft tall. Unless they come up with some reason to slightly shrink Ogre, their size alone would restrict them from some places just trying to walk through doors.
    Last edited by Neverafter; 2021-09-23 at 09:00 PM.

Ogres are a weird one. I'd champion for their cause but really they have no chance in hell of being added since they really have no role to play in Alliance/Horde politics any more. It'd be like adding Quillboar or Gnoll for the sake of it.

As an off-kilter suggestion, I was thinking of a Primal/Berserker Troll based on Worgen as an option. Legs might need to be tweaked, but otherwise use the same basic lumbering look. The Troll would be an more primitive, wilder variation of troll, like a middle step towards being Dire Trolls.

Of course, whether anyone would even choose to play as this is another question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Kul Tiran are definately the oddball of the bunch. The Drust look more Trolly than anything, but more human or vyrkul than kultiran for sure.
    vrykul face resemble a kul'iran face almost 100%, unlike normal humans, drust are jut like vrykuls with another skin color, those things are just fur and claws from animals.

If I'm not mistaken, Ogre's in wow are supposed to be about 12ft tall. Tauren are only 7ft tall. Unless they come up with some reason to slightly shrink Ogre, their size alone would restrict them from some places just trying to walk through doors.
    nope, both wrong, ogres are on average, 8ft tall, while tauren are 10ft tall

ogres whoever, in some cases, can grow even larger, but as average, we can have an ogre the same size of a kul'tiran or a tauren just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Ogres are a weird one. I'd champion for their cause but really they have no chance in hell of being added since they really have no role to play in Alliance/Horde politics any more.
    This does not make much sense, they have more role in the horde politics than any other race listed here so far combined

They can even put a conflict based around the places that ogres live in contrast to alliance location

This does not make much sense, they have more role in the horde politics than any other race listed here so far combined

They can even put a conflict based around the places that ogres live in contrast to alliance location
    As far as current lore goes, there is zero Ogre intervention in current Horde politics. Even if there is a faction of Ogres within the Horde, they have zero influence on the politics as a whole.

That you are suggesting they *could* have a role based on their locations doesn't mean that they have any actual political investment in the Horde as it stands. Hell, if we're going by that standards, then even Gnolls or Naga have more of a political standing in the Horde than Ogres would due to all the locations they live in which have contrast to Alliance locations. I'm not talking about future what-ifs, I'm talking about current assessment of the race. Non-playable Ethereals have more connections to Horde society than Ogres do.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-23 at 11:58 PM.

I want Sethrak in the Alliance. That's all.

Snake bois!

Saberon. I want to play savage cat people in World of Warcraft. The world has so many beautiful fur patterns and cats for Blizz to take inspiration from. Cheetahs, Clouded Leopards, Snow Leopard, Jaguar, Tigers, etc. Oh and they must have glowing eye options and the choice single colored pelts, specifically black and white. Ear tufts and tails could be customized too.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as current lore goes, there is zero Ogre intervention in current Horde politics. Even if there is a faction of Ogres within the Horde, they have zero influence on the politics as a whole.
    there is 2 clans within the hore(Stonemaul and dunemaul), currently, and its not even counting the moknathal that also have ogres, or, the ogres that came with the maghar from draenor.

your justification made no sense as there is too few races in the horde that have have any input, influence or intervention in politics anyway, or do you think the vulpera, the nightborne, pandaren have more shit to say than some ogre clans? they have as much, but they just don't focus on ogres because they aren't playable

Besides, is illogical to think any new race would need to have influence in politics over the factions, as again, none of the races listed here, have more influence/connection with a faction like ogres and the horde have.

That you are suggesting they *could* have a role based on their locations doesn't mean that they have any actual political investment in the Horde as it stands.
    None of the races listed here have.

Hell, if we're going by that standards, then even Gnolls or Naga have more of a political standing in the Horde than Ogres would due to all the locations they live in which have contrast to Alliance locations.
    no? cause ogres are actually already allied with the horde?

I'm not talking about future what-ifs, I'm talking about current assessment of the race. Non-playable Ethereals have more connections to Horde society than Ogres do.
    that is factually wrong.

I would like, as part of a prepatch for the next expansion, some payoff to the Maghar Orc storyline as far as the Saberon and Botani. My scenario would also bring in the Ogre and Mogu (hear me out).

The Saberon and Botani were last seen running toward the Northern Barrens. I could see the Botani settling in Ashenvale and maybe Darkshore and Hyjal and attempting to bring about the Evergrowth on Azeroth. Maybe even trying to create a Genasaur. The Botani have always waged a war against the Breakers. The breakers are ancient ancestors to Ogre and Orcs. The Botani in Ashenvale/Darkshore/Hyjal ally with the Night Elves as they can commune directly with plants and aid in their regrowth.

Meanwhile, elsewhere the Saberon first try settling in the Northern Barrens but are crowded out by the Botani and Harpies. They move south but decide theres not much in the way of resources, and end up settling in Dustwallow marsh. Here, they ally with Ogre's, the only race they are familiar with in the area. Their alliance is tenous at first, but the Saberon help fend off any remaining Black Dragons, Alliance, Botani, or other invaders to the marsh. Saberon were shown to have shaman among their ranks in Draenor, so they use their shaman abilities to help learn from the Ogre's.

In far away Pandaria, the Rajani Mogu begin to feel a disturbance in the balance of forces on Azeroth. While Nature has always had its place, some force has drastically shifted the balance in Natures favor. Suddenly, whole swaths of land are being taken over by plant life. The Rajani set out to find the source of the disturbance to find the Botani and their former Night Elf allies are to blame. The Rajani explain that while rebuilding Ashenvale is great and noble, they must be careful to expand their borders beyond. The Night Elves agree, but the Botani still want nature to dominate the whole world. The Botani pretend to agree to the Rajani demands, but in secret still plan to subvert nature where they can.

As the Rajani are about to leave, they are attacked by a group of traveling Ogre and Saberon. The Ogre's too had felt a disturbance in the balance, and with their new Saberon allies decided to investigate. Saberon and Ogre's have watched as the Botani spread plantlife at the expense of everything else. Where was the Botani were able to reason with the Rajani, the Ogre and Saberon are not as intelligent and are not as easily manipulated by the Botani. While the battle is short lived, the Botani, Rajani, and Night Elves prove too much for the wandering band of Ogre and Saberon. They retreat through Ashenvale and end up at the gates of Orgrimar. The Horde council is horrified when they are told of the Alliance working with the Botani and their goal of bringing the Evergrowth to Azeroth. The Horde Council realizes it's past time to fully embrace the Ogre's as part of the Horde and that the Saberon would make great allies as well in the battles to come.

Likewise, the Night Elves decide that if the Horde is taking new allies, they too must add to their strength. The Night Elves serve as mediators to the Alliance in order to bring in the Mogu and Botani as playable races.

But what about Venthyr and Kyrian and other Shadowlands races? Shouldn't they be given Allied Race spots before Ogre's and others?

Based mainly on the fact that the Shadowlands is supposed to be a realm of death and that allowing denizens from Death to roam freely among the living is sure to upset some sort of balance, I don't think Blizzard is going to have Shadowlands races become Allied Races.

Instead, I think they are going to do something different. Whether it be after a quest chain, reaching a certain reputation, or some other metric, I think Blizzard is going to allow us to take our current characters and make them into one of the 4 races (or perhaps only 2 of the races, say Maldraxus and Revendreth side with the Horde while Bastion and Ardenweald side with the Alliance). In this way, the races become playable, but by mortals. We have to give up our previous characters and ascend to our new race.

I know its far fetched, but so is all of this stuff.

there is 2 clans within the hore(Stonemaul and dunemaul), currently, and its not even counting the moknathal that also have ogres, or, the ogres that came with the maghar from draenor.
    Sure, and nothing has progressed with their lore whatsoever. Are there any Ogres in any of the major cities? Have the Ogres in those locations done anything of worth? Lore hasn't done anything with em, and Stonemaul/Dunemaul connections are pretty much carryovers from WC3 campaign. I don't think Blizzard cares to actually progress it. It's not a matter of *if* Blizzard could do it, but a matter of there simply being no reason to do so. Where to Ogres fit in the future of the WoW storyline and the progression towards the Void Lord conflicts? Even BFA was a very loose reason to include any of those races, and most of em were just added for the sake of Status Quo. We haven't gotten an actual New Race since Pandaren, and they were only added because demand for them was incredibly high, and they had already been planned for well in advance since TBC.

your justification made no sense as there is too few races in the horde that have have any input, influence or intervention in politics anyway, or do you think the vulpera, the nightborne, pandaren have more shit to say than some ogre clans? they have as much, but they just don't focus on ogres because they aren't playable
    That's true too. And I don't think it's a good thing that all these races are pretty much treated like shit and left to their own devices, mostly benched in the lore. But that's pretty much the price of them being Allied Races, and in the case of Pandaren, a black sheep addition that never got the recognition it deserved.

Their situation doesn't really help the Ogres now, does it?

Besides, is illogical to think any new race would need to have influence in politics over the factions, as again, none of the races listed here, have more influence/connection with a faction like ogres and the horde have.
    Which is my point though.

Allied Races got a pass practically because they were chosen as a cost-effective addition to the game. Pandaren were the last race addition that actually had any real effort gone into it. We haven't really seen a race since, and for good reason - it takes a LOT of effort to manage.

Ogres don't have the clout to get made into a race. Hard truth. Not dogging on Ogres personally, since I'm a massive WC2 fan and I'd love WoW to be more in tune with WC2 with playable Wildhammers, Amani Trolls, Ogres and full Human Kingdoms options. But if we're talking about the direction WoW has taken, then hell Ethereals have a much higher chance of being playable than Ogres ever would. Blizzard isn't interested in tying Ogres into the Horde story whatsoever. Even if Stonemaul are a part of the Horde, that's been and continued to be completely MEANINGLESS for the past ~20 years since WC3.

That the other allied races have had terrible connections to the Horde does not make it a better case for Ogres to be added, because the Allied Race concept was borne out of convenience, and little else. Ogres aren't an easy addition like an Allied Race, so suggesting the bar is lower doesn't work in their favour; Ogres need a lot of dedication to be added and that includes adapting their skeleton system or making a new one that fits for all gear models, designing a female gender that doesn't exist, and having them generally be relevant in the future story as a markettable expansion feature. And as I stated above, there's nothing in the story that is really available to have them politically motivated to join as a playable faction, or be necessary even. We already have the Stonemaul and Dunemaul in the lore and they've been sitting on their asses for 20+ years with no cause to ever be added. I could say the same about the Broken having no real cause to be made playable too, and definitely not from a story POV where they have zero stakes in the current ongoings of the Alliance and Horde.

Even with Pandaren, I would string up a simple "We're going to Pandaria" as a straight forward means to incorporate them as a race. With Ogres? We already have them here and now, with no reason why they shouldn't already be playable, and no reason in the story (or outside the story, frankly) to really bridge them back in as being playable. Blizzard isn't interested at all.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-24 at 11:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, and nothing has progressed with their lore whatsoever.
    again, that is not an argument, nothign has progressed with the nightborne since Legion either, nothing has progressed with pandaren since MOp and so on, they progress a race story when they want to, mostly when they became playble, this is not an excuse or reason for a race be or not be playable, period.

Are there any Ogres in any of the major cities?
    yes , but if don't, is not an argument,a s they can simple, put more npcs as they became playable.

Have the Ogres in those locations done anything of worth?
    yes, but if don't, is not an argument,a s they can simple, put more npcs as they became playable
    It's not a matter of *if* Blizzard could do it, but a matter of there simply being no reason to do so.
    that make even less sense, they have reason to do so, they didn't not because they don't have reason, but because they simple didn't because they are not playable yet, they do not focus on races that are not playable if they are not from fractions relevant to the ecurrent xpansion.

That's true too. And I don't think it's a good thing that all these races are pretty much treated like shit and left to their own devices, mostly benched in the lore. But that's pretty much the price of them being Allied Races, and in the case of Pandaren, a black sheep addition that never got the recognition it deserved.
    that is the price of having a butload of races in the game, they can't focus on everyone and they have to follow logic and focus on the more proeminent races.

Their situation doesn't really help the Ogres now, does it?
    this situation make no difference whatsoever because that is not an argument to be made for potential new races

Allied Races got a pass practically because they were chosen as a cost-effective addition to the game. Pandaren were the last race addition that actually had any real effort gone into it. We haven't really seen a race since, and for good reason - it takes a LOT of effort to manage.
    And they did say allied race is the system to say, any new races would come like then

Ogres don't have the clout to get made into a race. Hard truth.
    That is just illogical, there is no reasons other races have the "clout" but ogres don't.

Not dogging on Ogres personally, since I'm a massive WC2 fan and I'd love WoW to be more in tune with WC2 with playable Wildhammers, Amani Trolls, Ogres and full Human Kingdoms options. But if we're talking about the direction WoW has taken, then hell Ethereals have a much higher chance of being playable than Ogres ever would.
    rolf, how is that? they ltieraly made the broker as substitutes for the etheral, how they have much higher chance of being playble than a race that is already int he factions and was already considered to be plaayble before in cataclysm?
    Blizzard isn't interested in tying Ogres into the Horde story whatsoever. Even if Stonemaul are a part of the Horde, that's been and continued to be completely MEANINGLESS for the past ~20 years since WC3.
    they are not, just like they are not interest in tying NONE other races int he factions story, that will be done whend ecide to make then playable

all races that are not playble are meaningless, all races listed here are as much meaningless as ogres in your points,e vent he etherals that were literally repalces for a 2.0 version in shadowlands.

That the other allied races have had terrible connections to the Horde does not make it a better case for Ogres to be added, because the Allied Race concept was borne out of convenience, and little else. Ogres aren't an easy addition like an Allied Racel.[/QUOTE]

Ogres, and other enw races, would be as easy as any other allied race, see vulpera and kul'tirans.

And as I stated above, there's nothing in the story that is really available to have them politically motivated to join as a playable faction, or be necessary even. We already have the Stonemaul and Dunemaul in the lore and they've been sitting on their asses for 20+ years with no cause to ever be added.
    those things are made when the class become playable, not before, it has being like that since the begining of wow.

Do you think draeneis and bllood elves were relevant to the factions before they were introduced as new races? draeneis were literally retconed from the spot.

What was the relevance of guilneas and goblins ofkezan before cataclysm? i tell you, zero, but it was amde relevant when they ebcame plaayble.

This is how things works with any new races.

Ogres, and other enw races, would be as easy as any other allied race, see vulpera and kul'tirans.
    Not at all. Vulpera and Kul Tiran are based on existing skeletons, whereas Ogres are not.

They would have to be their own race, not an allied race

WoW clearly needs more furry races. I want to see unicorns and cat girls personally. Really bring in the new age of Warcraft with the most fitting races possible to set the tone.

Not at all. Vulpera and Kul Tiran are based on existing skeletons, whereas Ogres are not.

Rule of thumb for AR's until now, they either reuse assets or fantasy, or both.

Kul Tirans and Male Zandalari are pretty much a whole new model, but they are still basically humans and trolls, so it makes sense why they are an AR rather than a whole new one.

Vulpera are a whole new race in lore terms, but they reuse most of the goblin female model, so that makes them more suitable as an AR.

And pretty much every other race is both a reuse of fantasy and assets, with minor differences that boil down to textures and customization options. Most altered one would be NB as they are the only of these that actually changes the body shape somewhat, but they are still a reworked NE model.

Mok'nathal would make sense as an AR as they would ostensibly reuse the KulTiran rigging -as Rexxar does- but ogres? They are both a new race and would have a new rigging/model and wouldn't fit with any of the criteria AR's have.

But if they were introduced with an unique model, but no initial area, wouldn't that make them an AR? Maybe, but IMO the point of AR's is to introduce playable races that aren't unique enough to be core races, and have the need for a starting area.

Couldn't Ogres be based on the Kul Tiran skeleton?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Alliance:
    Arakkoa
    Jinyu
    Sethrak
    Furbolg
    Tortollan

Horde:
    Ogre
    Hozen
    Drogbar
    Vrykul
    Naga
    This list is all kinds of awesome, except I'd trade Drogbar for Saberon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Couldn't Ogres be based on the Kul Tiran skeleton?
    Seems like that's what the Mok'nathal are using right now, if memory serves.

As wide as Kul Tiran are, Ogres are far wider and broader, so if they used Kul Tiran skeleton they would be 'skinny Ogres', which would look almost exactly like a Mok'nathal.

That being said, I see more precedent for Mok'nathal being an Allied Race using Kul Tiran rig than I do for Ogres.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-25 at 04:07 AM.

Ethereals would be bitchin' but ultimately, I don't think they could work because they are so mercantile focused, and the game having factions, means loosing potential customers on an entire half the planet's population. It'd have to be some off-shoot peoples. Also would be better as an actual race.

Other than that, San'layn... and uh... idk wildhammer dwarves?

Forget 'Allied Races' altogether and just leave it as a regular race. Rework the character creation screen and roll some of the current ARs into the regular race tabs.

Example : Select Tauren, then select a new option labeled 'Tribe' or 'Ethnicity' etc to select between regular Tauren, Highmountain, Taunka, etc etc.

As far as my picks for new faction races go...

Horde:
    Ogre
    Hozen
    Quilboar
    Kobold
    Sporeling
    Taunka
    Timbermaw Furbolg
    Raventusk Trolls

Alliance:
    Arrakoa Outcasts
    Jinyu