Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been waiting for them to add ogres for quite a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    I've been waiting for them to add ogres for quite a while now.
    Well... the Kul Tiran and Maldraxxi Gladiator skeletons help that. In addition, the alternate Draenor's Stonemaul Ogres joining the Horde in BfA, plus Rexxar using a Kul Tiran skeleton, definitely hints at something.

The game has enough races. More character customisation is what it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Well... the Kul Tiran and Maldraxxi Gladiator skeletons help that. In addition, the alternate Draenor's Stonemaul Ogres joining the Horde in BfA, plus Rexxar using a Kul Tiran skeleton, definitely hints at something.
    They said way back in TBC that they would eventually get to ogres, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    I would give my left nut to play a broken draenei.
    Just make a draenei fire mage then.

Dryad
    Centaur
    Nerubian
    Satyr

More elves = better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    They said way back in TBC that they would eventually get to ogres, as well.
    In cata.
    And, they were planned for vanilla too.

Why did the Vulpera join? why did the Pandaren? the Mag'har were literally brought from another alternate planet, in a scenario made just for that, and so were the Lightforged. None of them had anything to do with Azerothian politics. It is based on relations and kinship.
    IDK man, It's really not the same. It's like Valkyries came out of Valhalla and became German citizens; it just really doesn't make sense to me that beings from a higher plane of existence would care about the politics of the material plane.

Why would nature lovers like the Sylvar join the faction that was responsible for Teldrassil? Why would the Alliance accept warmongering undeads like the Necrolords?

Again, my problem is that I just don't see any of the SL caring about the petty politics of the Azeroth races to the point of "joining a faction," that's why I think them being neutral would make more sense, as they are just doing what they personally want, but on a group level, to choose to join one of the political factions of a world just doesn't track for me.

These are beings of a higher plane of existence, not "mortals" with mortal concerns; if anyone would care to join a faction they would be outliers to do so (so again, a neutral/mercenary route would work) The fact that any of these races would leave the Shadowlands would mean that they want MORE than what their purpose in there was (because again, why would the realms of the dead would care about the petty politics of one single mortal world) and it would be far more likely for a Sylvar to end up working for a Tauren because they like them than because they are "choosing their faction"

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    IDK man, It's really not the same. It's like Valkyries came out of Valhalla and became German citizens; it just really doesn't make sense to me that beings from a higher plane of existence would care about the politics of the material plane.
    "higher beings"... killable NPCs with a duty.

Again, my problem is that I just don't see any of the SL caring about the petty politics of the Azeroth races to the point of "joining a faction," that's why I think them being neutral would make more sense, as they are just doing what they personally want, but on a group level, to choose to join one of the political factions of a world just doesn't track for me.
    And, joining whatever faction does make sense? you see angels on the Horde? Vampires on the Alliance? It's hard to even think of Kyrian and Necrolords being on the same side after the shadowlands' occurrences.

These are beings of a higher plane of existence, not "mortals" with mortal concerns; if anyone would care to join a faction they would be outliers to do so (so again, a neutral/mercenary route would work) The fact that any of these races would leave the Shadowlands would mean that they want MORE than what their purpose in there was (because again, why would the realms of the dead would care about the petty politics of one single mortal world) and it would be far more likely for a Sylvar to end up working for a Tauren because they like them than because they are "choosing their faction"
    Why would they join us? because we helped them save their realm, because we peaked their interest and because, like them, we are part of the cosmic conflict.

Sylvar going Horde just because of the Tauren is unlikely. They are too similar to Night elves.

"higher beings"... killable NPCs with a duty.
    Come on man, the lore is that they are literally beings from a higher plane of existence, they are creatures from the afterlife. Their whole sense of morality is different.

And, joining whatever faction does make sense? you see angels on the Horde? Vampires on the Alliance? It's hard to even think of Kyrian and Necrolords being on the same side after the shadowlands' occurrences.

Why would they join us? because we helped them save their realm, because we peaked their interest and because, like them, we are part of the cosmic conflict.

Sylvar going Horde just because of the Tauren is unlikely. They are too similar to Night elves.
    No, the point is that "joining a faction" DOESN'T make sense for them, because why would they care about the politics of our world? That's why a mercenary/neutral approach would make more sense for me, because it would be about individual choice as to where this Kyrian or Sylvar simply wants to hang around.

Of course they could take an interest on the cosmic conflict and that would be a good reason for them to become playable, but that same motive would make the whole "picking a faction" thing senseless, as even US from Azeroth have to throw the faction conflict aside when it comes to that.

That's my point; I can see the Shadowlands races as playable, but they would have to be neutral, so that at least in universe they exist outside the Horde/Alliance dichotomy.

They're also bound to the Shadowlands in lore.

What exactly allows them the freedom of choice to up and leave their stations and charge? If they could already do that, then why couldn't they do it before?

The closest lore explanation I've seen for this was the T&E video involving a player permanently turning into a Covenant race, and that was a huge stretch just to have them be connected back to Azeroth.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-19 at 12:07 AM.

I think before they add any more "out of the blue" Allied Races they need to add the ones that are technically already apart of the Horde and Alliance

Namely the Stonemaul Orges and Stillpine Furbolgs

After that they can add whatever crazy ARs people want.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2021-10-19 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It's incredibly odd how you think those Gladiators will actually become playable when the original hints towards it were all based on a datamine that was utterly debunked as Covenant UI test material.

Everything being discussed after that is literally talking about an NPC skeleton that was never meant to be playable and trying to pass it off as a potential new class. The whole point is that there's no indication that the Ogre or Gladiator skeleton is usable as a Player Character at all, and to point out that all the 'hints' that existed were thoroughly old datamine information that was not relevant to new Allied or Player classes whatsoever. Continuing on that point and saying that fans need to use a model viewer to strip off the armor to show that it can work has nothing to do with Blizzard choosing them to be playable.

I could take a Quillboar model and adapt it to an Orc skeleton pretty easily, but it doesn't make Quillboar any more likely to be playable just because it's possible for me to re-rig it to an Orc. Hell, I do this all the time for WC3 modding. Any model can be adapted to any skeleton. The question is whether Blizzard intends to or not.
    Gladiators would make the dopest Allied Race. They are way better than Ogres and the House of the Chosen has every reason to bounce to Azeroth.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Gladiators would make the dopest Allied Race. They are way better than Ogres and the House of the Chosen has every reason to bounce to Azeroth.
    They are a bit odd in general like triceron said. They realy dont look or feel like they were suppose to be a playable race. They are just part of the maldraxus kit that doesnt have 1 definited race to go by. Kyrian and Venthyr are different in that sense its very clear who we are talking about.

Maldraxxus and night fea are the odd ones imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    They are a bit odd in general like triceron said. They realy dont look or feel like they were suppose to be a playable race. They are just part of the maldraxus kit that doesnt have 1 definited race to go by. Kyrian and Venthyr are different in that sense its very clear who we are talking about.

Night Fae are just as straight forward as Venthyr and Kyrian.

Maldraxxi Female are straight forward too, they would be a rehash of the Female Kul Tiran.

It's just the Maldraxxi Male where it's a tiny bit up in the air, mostly because I think they are just unfinished.

The end result using the Kul Tiran male animation set as a base, but made to be a Maldraxxi Gladiator, might look something like Rexxar's new model from BFA. But with a Krexus' looking face. Basically, filling in the 'de-facto' playable Ogre theme.

It won't be the Maldraxxus Skeletons because they have already been dramatically altered in the Chinese client. I doubt they would add a playable Allied Race based on the Skeletons because they'll just look like these ugly mofos here.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Night Fae are just as straight forward as Venthyr and Kyrian.

Maldraxxi Female are straight forward too, they would be a rehash of the Female Kul Tiran.

It's just the Maldraxxi Male where it's a tiny bit up in the air, mostly because I think they are just unfinished.

The end result using the Kul Tiran male animation set as a base, but made to be a Maldraxxi Gladiator, might look something like Rexxar's new model from BFA. But with a Krexus' looking face. Basically, filling in the 'de-facto' playable Ogre theme.

It won't be the Maldraxxus Skeletons because they have already been dramatically altered in the Chinese client. I doubt they would add a playable Allied Race based on the Skeletons because they'll just look like these ugly mofos here.

The maldraxxus skeletons look way more playable then the unfinnished model that is known as gladiators.

Lets be honest kyrian and venthyr are just in a better state in what a playable race should be.

Rexxar model imo should be the base for ogres, who have a much richer history and should be playable, I rather see that then trying to make those gladiators work. They are just guards that use kul tiran base.. so idk about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Come on man, the lore is that they are literally beings from a higher plane of existence, they are creatures from the afterlife. Their whole sense of morality is different.
    And Lightforged Draenei were from outer space with a purpose of exterminating the Legion. Mag'har Orcs were not only from another planet, but from another reality altogether. And Void elves are from outer space, as well. Their purpose is to master the Void.

No, the point is that "joining a faction" DOESN'T make sense for them, because why would they care about the politics of our world?
    Why would any otherworldly creature? Simple, because we've got involved with each other, pulled them into our situation and built a relationship with them.

That's why a mercenary/neutral approach would make more sense for me, because it would be about individual choice as to where this Kyrian or Sylvar simply wants to hang around.
    You can say that about any race. But, the fact that these races are distinct from one another and mesh well with a certain faction, tells us where they belong.

Of course they could take an interest on the cosmic conflict and that would be a good reason for them to become playable, but that same motive would make the whole "picking a faction" thing senseless, as even US from Azeroth have to throw the faction conflict aside when it comes to that.
    That's called PVE content. It does not nullify PvP.

That's my point; I can see the Shadowlands races as playable, but they would have to be neutral, so that at least in universe they exist outside the Horde/Alliance dichotomy.
    Unlikely. They have rivalries of their own and certain agendas that don't just lend themselves to everybody.

I don't know if they're better than Ogres, but what this guy don't understand is that Blizzard can't possibly neglect the Necrolords while adding all other covenant races. They'd have to pick one from each realm. And, as it stands, only Gladiators have a female model in Maldraxxus.

They're the only ones with a female model. What, you think they'd only add some Shadowlands races?

Night Fae are obviously Sylvar.

The maldraxxus skeletons look way more playable then the unfinnished model that is known as gladiators.
    They don't have a female model. And you cannot have gendered skeletons because of reasons (lack of feminine or masculine features due to lack of flesh).

Lets be honest kyrian and venthyr are just in a better state in what a playable race should be.
    And Sylvar. I don't know why you keep forgetting them.

Rexxar model imo should be the base for ogres, who have a much richer history and should be playable, I rather see that then trying to make those gladiators work. They are just guards that use kul tiran base.. so idk about that.
    Why not both?
    I don't know why they chose Gladiators, but they are obviously being set up to be the Maldraxxus allied race.

True, though I admit I would much prefer Lichs over "simple" Skeletons and Stoneborn over both. Having flying races on both sides(Ascended Kyrians for the Alliance) would be a nice change.

I think before they add any more "out of the blue" Allied Races they need to add the ones that are technically already apart of the Horde and Alliance

Namely the Stonemaul Orges and Stillpine Furbolgs

After that they can add whatever crazy ARs people want.

I kinda agree. Adding them makes sense, but right now adding races from the Covenants seems more logical.

My bet is e get the Sylvars, Venthyr, Ascended Kyrians and Stoneborn during the last small story patch, when we deal with the massive change in the Shadowlands. Ogers, Furbolgs and some more(Saberon/Bothani, because Blizz really must deliver) once 10.0 launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    My bet is e get the Sylvars, Venthyr, Ascended Kyrians and Stoneborn during the last small story patch, when we deal with the massive change in the Shadowlands.
    You're unlikely to get ascended Kyrians, but the non-winged ones instead. Things like wings would most likely be a back gear piece.

They wouldn't add Stoneborn, either. You just skipped a covenant race - one from Maldraxxus.