Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Denseur's a shitty writer, a complete mediocrity of a hack, and his chubby for zombie flesh has been demonstrably bad for the story, but threatening to deep six-the guy isn't ok.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Meh, I find it disappointing that they have:

- A decade old engine that still runs pretty well.
    - A well established franchise that allows them to create any world, character or story they want.
    - Millions of loyal fans excited to see every new thing they add.

And they can't create anything better than this.

But I wouldn't insult or threaten anyone over it...
    It would be a shame to find out you still play the game

I know the Sylvanas haters have been waiting for confirmation about Blizzard employees having a "relationship" with Sylvanas and they never got it so they went looking for it. Now even if this crap is true you should know that letting a FICTIONAL CHARACTER affect you this much makes you as stick as the guy who is "story romancing" the respective character. If that is what you are experiencing, stop playing the fucking game, it's deranging your mind.

But I've played this game for long enough to suspect that this is probably another asspull in a long line of asspulls.

My biggest gripe with this is that Blizzard used "wait and see" (you don't know the full story) so often that currently this nonsensical story of a self-insert is STILL the best explanation for the current stories around the forsaken/horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The "death threats towards developers" is just the usual scapegoat for stopping discussions. Sure, there probably is someone out there who got so pissed off by this that they'd be stupid enough to threaten Blizzard's staff with taking their lives.

However, that is surely only an extremely small fraction of the actual posts discussing this. Most are just laughing and pointing out how cringeworthy it is.
    If it's individual posters, they can be banned. If the post was started encouraging that kind of behavior, then it was shit to begin with. It just depends; I don't know the context of deleted threads on reddit.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Your casual use of the term "unprofessional behaviour" exposes you as one of those brats that will try to get people fired just because you feel entitled to dictate everything you want about the game. The community is usually in the wrong.
    Excuse me, that's is just your assumption based on my comment. I never claimed he should be fired for this, that would be stupid and childish, people make mistakes and can make it right.

I don't know if you are some kind of cyber internet police that knows everything about someone just because of one "casual use of the term".

In my experience as a employee of a big company, I received proper training in how to behave and address company business in online environments and on off work time, specially since, I'm not part of the public relations department, just like this guy is just a writer for Blizzard and should be careful about how he exposes his workplace and habits online around his company brand. That is indeed in my experience unprofessional behavior you agreeing with it or not.

Again, it's not my place to fire him, I'm not his boss, nor I want that to happen but I would understand if that happen, it could happen to me if I behaved like that.

As a customer of Blizzard products and services for years now, think they have a problem with their recent products, and many people I have seen around forums agree with it, specially on their storytelling department, maybe this kind of "professionals" are to blame? Who knows.

Burning of Teldrassil fiasco is just one of those many events.

The designers are the ones who get to make the game. If you don't like it, show it to all the designers and publishers by simply giving up and stop playing. Then leave the forums alone.
    If you just want to manage how I spent my money and make unconstructive assumptions about me, and is not a admin of those forums to restraint my access, I ask to not reply to my comments again. Follow your own advice, if it bothers, you just ignore it.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Several points:

1. People sending death threats and harassing people because they don't like the story are nothing but scumbags. I have multiple times stated my disdain for Golden, for example, yet I absolutely despise the people that harassed her over the Sylvanas warbringer. Same thing with Danuser.

2. It's very easy to just take things out of context and readjust them so it fits their narrative. Look the originals up and see if it's still the same.

3. People may get angry at Nathanos apparently being able to handle Malfurion, but to be completely honest the Alliance has way too many overpowered characters at the moment. The Horde only has Sylvanas - MAYBE Rommath or Thalyssra (who did nothing yet to really show the extent of their power). So either the Horde needs some serious boosts or, more preferably, the Alliance needs some downgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    3. People may get angry at Nathanos apparently being able to handle Malfurion...
    It's not just Malfurion but a goddess empowered Tyrande as well. He's standing up not to one but two opponent who should stomp him in an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    It's not just Malfurion but a goddess empowered Tyrande as well. He's standing up not to one but two opponent who should stomp him in an instance.
    Doesn't help with the second part of that paragraph, though. Should he be able to handle them? Definitely not, but some characters are too powerful, to the detriment of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Burn the witch
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Matt Ward and his Sue Knights.
    Heard bad stuff about this guy, is it as bad as all that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bollocks. I've done a lot of witch hunting in Drustvar and am proud of it.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I like Drustvar. Let's burn all witches to the stake!

Well, more seriously, people in big groups tend to have the herd behaviour, especially when everyone gets angry. The medieval angry peasants with pitchforks and torches metaphor is still easily related to our days. People tend to exagerate on their reactions, even in stuff like video games. Life threats are absolutely unaceptable, but people when in a moderate and constructive environment have the right to try to save or make better the stuff (aka the game) they want to change.

Witch hunts are pathetic, especially when it comes to neckbeards being mad at a video game developer.

But really any type of Mob-justice is pathetic because whenever a mob of people gets big enough they stop using their fucking brain.