Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This entire discussion depends on how high you're pushing. If you're looking to be the best of the best, then I'm sorry, the meta will matter. But gear caps at +10, and achieves cap at +15, and you can get those done with any class and any spec, assuming you're skilled enough. In fact, the first +10 I cleared this expac (must have been the week after they released) had a shadow priest in it, and I remember only taking him because of all of his Uldir boss kills (skilled player). I've seen elemental shamans wreck face too. Would a boomie have been better than either of them? Yeah, probably. Solar beam, b res, and treants are huge utility. But did we need it? No, absolutely not.

We also have a prot warrior (most dumpster tank) who tanks our weekly +10s often better than brewmasters of equal ilvl. I don't know how, but it goes smooth as hell. He must be doing something right. Unless you are looking to go above +15, warriors are fine.

Now, if you're saying there is a group finder bias, then I 100% agree with you. Start your own group. I don't pug into a single dungeon on my monk. I grab what guildies would like to go, and pug the rest myself, offering to play any role that is needed for the group. I have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPeanut View Post
    This entire discussion depends on how high you're pushing. If you're looking to be the best of the best, then I'm sorry, the meta will matter. But gear caps at +10, and achieves cap at +15, and you can get those done with any class and any spec, assuming you're skilled enough. In fact, the first +10 I cleared this expac (must have been the week after they released) had a shadow priest in it, and I remember only taking him because of all of his Uldir boss kills (skilled player). I've seen elemental shamans wreck face too. Would a boomie have been better than either of them? Yeah, probably. Solar beam, b res, and treants are huge utility. But did we need it? No, absolutely not.

We also have a prot warrior (most dumpster tank) who tanks our weekly +10s often better than brewmasters of equal ilvl. I don't know how, but it goes smooth as hell. He must be doing something right. Unless you are looking to go above +15, warriors are fine.

Now, if you're saying there is a group finder bias, then I 100% agree with you. Start your own group. I don't pug into a single dungeon on my monk. I grab what guildies would like to go, and pug the rest myself, offering to play any role that is needed for the group. I have never had a problem.
    Gear might cap at 10, but if you only do 10s instead of trying to push you won't get as much gear, the difference in drops between a 10 and a 15 is HUGE, and less gear means less chance to get stupid titanforged with gems, so yeah not being the meta hurts you no matter what.

Good thing Blizzard pruned classes and got rid of "Bring the player not the class"... /s

Terrible expansion with game breaking changes no one asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post
    "LF DK Tank AD 6+, 370+ilev checking rio 1000+ (got 1.5k+ on main, playing on alt)"

This kind of funny stuff in LFG queue
    I know these ones..it's unbelievable frustrating. with every minute i play bfa there grows this feeling in me. The feeling that you have to find mates with which you play every time or if you can't do that due to time restrictions...well "gtfo". No content for you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Maybe, but as a tank I feel no need to bring a frostmage for utility. The slow is nice but not really needed. I do look for a mage but that's only because it's a ranged class and will do competitive damage. It's a meele meta out there and I'm glad for every rdps I get.
    Asl me why i started tanking on all my chars xD it makes your life so much easier

Any relevant content can be done by any class. Did a 14 key the other day with a Frost DK and a fury war in the group. Didn't seem to have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Any relevant content can be done by any class. Did a 14 key the other day with a Frost DK and a fury war in the group. Didn't seem to have any issues.
    Did you at least plus one it?