Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ask Ogmot.....

If it doesn't have to be completely literal then it could also be about "Sylvanas the Banshee Queen" as opposed to "Sylvanas Windrunner". Undead Sylvanas has died twice now and since she's going to be losing another val'kyr in 8.1 she could potentially only have one more resurrection left. If she dies again and loses the last of her val'kyr in the process or resurrecting her, I could see her getting even more desperate than she already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    If it doesn't have to be completely literal then it could also be about "Sylvanas the Banshee Queen" as opposed to "Sylvanas Windrunner". Undead Sylvanas has died twice now and since she's going to be losing another val'kyr in 8.1 she could potentially only have one more resurrection left. If she dies again and loses the last of her val'kyr in the process or resurrecting her, I could see her getting even more desperate than she already is.
    Sylvanas has already died three times. Even if her death in 8.1 is going to be considered her third death, then I don't see how that would usher in the coming of the Old Gods.

My vote is on Azshara. I mean, she's a servant of N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Who said that was coming in during this expansion? Any of those deaths could happen say at the end of BfA/beginning of next expansion and lead into whatever the next expansion will be.
    It's just implied, since N'zoth is very heavily implied to be both the last Old God, and the main antagonist of the expansion.

But hey, anything's possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    are you sure? sylvanas did sell her soul to her, it doesn't take much to make a puppet dance.
    Helya is dead. If she's somehow not dead, or semi-not-dead, then she is virtually powerless and is struggling to recover, with her greatest threat and adversary now given free reign and her Kaldir basically utterly defeated.

I just struggle to see Helya as a threat, and honestly, given how she acted in Legion, I struggled to see her as a threat in that expansion, too. She is foolhardy and went down like a chump. I really hope they do not bring her back in any way, personally. But that's just me.

It'd be amusing, I admit, to see her whine at Sylvanas, but at this point she is essentially powerless compared to her. Unless she had a card to play somehow, which I doubt. Man, now I'm getting worried. Blizzard might be taking the story in a very disappointing direction if they arbitrarily decide to include Helya in it. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Most likely. Or blizzard put that text there to drum up crap.

There’s a good chance they just forgot Sylvanas has died three times already and the prophecy is actually about her.
    Or alternatively they're treating Pre Death Sylvanas and Sylvanas the banshee queen as two seperate people. With how retarded the rest of the story has been I'm going to go with that tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Blizzard might be taking the story in a very disappointing direction.
    BFA's story in a nutshell really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Ask Ogmot.....
    I did that, but all he said was "It was me Austin! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!".
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Helya is dead. If she's somehow not dead, or semi-not-dead, then she is virtually powerless and is struggling to recover, with her greatest threat and adversary now given free reign and her Kaldir basically utterly defeated.

I just struggle to see Helya as a threat, and honestly, given how she acted in Legion, I struggled to see her as a threat in that expansion, too. She is foolhardy and went down like a chump. I really hope they do not bring her back in any way, personally. But that's just me.

It'd be amusing, I admit, to see her whine at Sylvanas, but at this point she is essentially powerless compared to her. Unless she had a card to play somehow, which I doubt. Man, now I'm getting worried. Blizzard might be taking the story in a very disappointing direction if they arbitrarily decide to include Helya in it. Oh well.
    How the fuck do you think killing a god of death would even slow them down? all that basically does is give them a free hearth home.
    the real damage we did to her was stealing back the souls of some of her helarjar.
    she has the helarjar still loyal to her by owning their souls, same with sylvanas.
    also, considering what we know from the troll death gods it's possible that all those sylvanas kills and doesn't raise are sent to helheim, this would give odyn a reason to mess around with voljin's soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    BFA's story in a nutshell really.
    Sure, and I won't say I'm optimistic -- I'm not -- but BFA doesn't have a bad story right now. Not for World of Warcraft, at least. It's fairly compelling, not entirely predictable, and could turn out to be really good if handled well enough.

I want to be surprised by how Blizzard handles Sylvanas instead of disappointed. I'm hopeful, but I don't expect them to actually pull off anything impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    How the fuck do you think killing a god of death would even slow them down? all that basically does is give them a free hearth home.
    the real damage we did to her was stealing back the souls of some of her helarjar.
    she has the helarjar still loyal to her by owning their souls, same with sylvanas.
    also, considering what we know from the troll death gods it's possible that all those she kills and doesn't raise are sent to helheim this would give odyn a reason to mess around with voljin's soul.
    It's already been confirmed that Odyn is not involved with Vol'jin.

It doesn't matter if Helya is recovering or not. Her primary strength was in locking Odin and his soldiers away. They are now free. Helya's forces are shattered and she's, you know, dead. If she came back, she'd be in a weakened state, with her greatest rivals and threats free, and not much of an army to fight back with. It would be pretty pitiful, unless she has some special card to play. In which case, it would just be disappointing, more likely than not. She was not a great villain in Legion, Helya part 2 would be even worse, especially if her return was fueled by something arbitrary and boring.

Sure, and I won't say I'm optimistic -- I'm not -- but BFA doesn't have a bad story right now. Not for World of Warcraft, at least. It's fairly compelling, not entirely predictable, and could turn out to be really good if handled well enough.

I want to be surprised by how Blizzard handles Sylvanas instead of disappointed. I'm hopeful, but I don't expect them to actually pull off anything impressive
    I assume you haven't read the 8.1 stuff yet?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I assume you haven't read the 8.1 stuff yet?
    I've read a lot of it, yeah. Which bit are you referring to? Sylvanas and her interactions with Saurfang, or something else?

The story is not set in stone, and could go in any number of directions right now. There is a lot of missing context. I mean, after Legion building up Illidan's transformation into Holy-dan with Xera, and thne turning that around entirely... I have a little faith in Blizzard to mislead us with a cleverly written plot then turn it around in ways we should have seen coming. I'm watching carefully for hints. Blizzard did say this won't play out like Siege of Orgrimmar, but that's vague enough to mean it could be the exact same thing minus an actual raid. *shrugs*

Like I said, not optimistic, but I have a little faith in Blizzard to tell a decent story out of this. I'll withhold judgement for now.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-10-12 at 12:00 AM.

Like all Old god-related whispers, they are vague so they can fit into multiple situations. This is done purposefully to build suspense and speculation in the community. This also doesn't have to be literal - it could be the death of a personality, the death of a character's way of life, the start of a new way of life, etc.

This particular prophecy could fit into several women in WoW:
    Azeroth - the Sundering, the Cataclysm, the wound in Silithus.
    Sylvanas - Killed by Arthas, suicide in Icecrown, killed by Godfrey.
    Jaina - Theramore's destruction, nearly died in War Crimes (Chi-Ji needed to revive her), something happens to her in 8.1.
    Alleria - Draenor's destruction, L'ura, visions of the future.
    Azshara - Sundering, Naga transformation, future confrontation, perhaps something else in the future.
    Tyrande - Becoming the Chosen of Elune, becoming the Night Warrior, something in the future.
    Xal'atath - Killed by the Old Gods, taking Sargeras' corruption, seemingly somewhat reborn again in 8.1, perhaps we kill her in the future.

Personally, I think it could either be Azeroth or Azshara. Azeroth's undeveloped World-Soul is the main thing that the Void and Old Gods want to corrupt and bend to their will, so it would make sense, and they've already worked on trying to severely harm her in the past (since both the Sundering and Cataclysm were partially due to direct interference from the Old Gods). Azshara would also make sense, since she was "reborn" as a Naga, and it's entirely probable that we will kill her in the future, or she could be transformed by the Void again before or after we face her. She is, after all, one of the greatest assets to the Void.

Alleria's lines were not put in coincidentally, however. It's not impossible that the prophecy will be about her - she is now heavily involved with the Void, and she did have visions of the future. However, it's entirely possible that they put that in there to create speculation.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.