Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Go run WoD dungeons if you want relatively easy gold. It's not any 'instant rich' level of gold, but you can clear something like Skyreach in about 5 minutes and net around 300-400 gold per clear from that. I'd say that's about on par with other 'normal' methods like (Legion) WQs since for those you have to do plenty of travelling around and some of them are still relatively annoying even at 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No idea how, especially when you want to pay for your weekly tokens with them, which is by far more lucrative (if you would have bought them either way) than using them for gold missions instead.
    My store keeps growing and i hardly even bother doing WQ that don't reward AP, unless they happen to be en route or needed for emissary. Random chests can easily pay for missions on their own.

If you want really easy gold with really no farming time just do this:

https://thelazygoldmaker.com/simple-...king-materials

and this:

https://thelazygoldmaker.com/flippin...als-for-profit

you'll make around 50-100k per week with minimal amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The horses Blizzard said weren't going to be in the Paragon chests again?
    They've said they're adding paragon rep in 8.1. The items we're hunting for may not be mounts, but there will be SOMETHING worthwhile. Otherwise, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    ...That is literally the worst tip you can give somebody.
    If you want to farm gold go and do Legion WQs with a follower that has 3x +10g rewards.
    Do not touch the gold missions from the bfa table, they are just eating away your war ressources which you need for other stuff.
    Wow, thanks, kiddo. I mean, I've been making thousands daily by doing that, but sure, whatever, feel free to attack someone else's opinion with your opinion.

War Resources are easily obtainable, also via WQs. If the OP plays for 2 hours a day and completes WQs for Resources and gold they'll have plenty of both. Throw in a handful of random PvP battlegrounds and you'll have enough Marks to pay for your bonus rolls instead of wasting Resources/Gold on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Wow, thanks, kiddo. I mean, I've been making thousands daily by doing that, but sure, whatever, feel free to attack someone else's opinion with your opinion.

War Resources are easily obtainable, also via WQs. If the OP plays for 2 hours a day and completes WQs for Resources and gold they'll have plenty of both. Throw in a handful of random PvP battlegrounds and you'll have enough Marks to pay for your bonus rolls instead of wasting Resources/Gold on them.
    Sorry you felt attacked, that was honestly not my intention. English is not my first language, so sometimes I misjudge the tone I am using. Sirry for that.

Besides that: This is not about opinions, this is about facts. And the facts show that while you can of course earn gold in the way you described other methods are way more efficient.

Deleted
    Mob farming/old raids/old dungeons can be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    BFA rekindled my love for WOW and especially my dirtiest secret, my obsession with collecting mounts.

Issue is, I stopped playing ''seriously'' in CATA (aka, having numerous alts) and I'm down to, and it's pushing, two hours of game time per day at best. Obviously, farming gold is kinda problematic (my main and only is a tailor JC, FTR). So I'm quite open to suggestions [I]that do not involve using RL money. I mean by that professions combinations.
    Farm for the hyena mount, it usually sells for like 1million gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting on my rogue. Not for the enchants but DEing drops. Simple example I DE'ed a 340 epic from a WQ cache that I didn't need, got a Veiled Crystal. 1500g on my server. Gloom Dust and Umba Shards are also bringing in lots of gold right now so between the 266 greens that drop randomly and the blue and sometimes epic gear from WQs and, if you do them, dungeons and raids, you can make 10-50k a week pretty easily, esp as you gear from the 290 range you have at first to the 330-340 range you'll get even if you're casual since you can obviously DE your old gear.

Note that I've not even leveled enchanting - since most slots can't be enchanted anymore it's actually more worthwhile to simply buy your weapon enchants.

The reality is, gold making isn't easy, or anyone would be a millionaire, and they obviously aren't.

Anchor weed farm was great at the start of BfA, now it's still good but it's a little less great after the nerfs.

Other than that...big cash is being made by m+ boosts, raid bosts etc, so if you can't do any of those, you aren't getting rich anytime soon.

As long as you level up multiple characters to the cap, you can always get some gold if you choose to go for it. Even something as simple as farming pet battle WQs for tokens on all of them, and then selling them on AH. Or using profession cooldowns.

I think farming for mounts in BFA zones sell very good

Kind of the same principle

I'm on a PS while I have gathering professions, I didn't make I'd say more than 5g off them until max level? I looked at the AH carefully, I noticed a lot of items being sold at under vendor value. Some highly desirable items were selling cheaper or waaaaay undercut the next one, so I'd buy them and resell or contact the next in line and offer to sell them cheaper to him to repost. But the biggest one I found, bags and laziness. I buy 10 slot bags at 2g or something? Repost them at 6 and they fly out

By the time I hit level 60 on this server, I had 500g saved up from it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    BFA rekindled my love for WOW and especially my dirtiest secret, my obsession with collecting mounts.

Issue is, I stopped playing ''seriously'' in CATA (aka, having numerous alts) and I'm down to, and it's pushing, two hours of game time per day at best. Obviously, farming gold is kinda problematic (my main and only is a tailor JC, FTR). So I'm quite open to suggestions [I]that do not involve using RL money. I mean by that professions combinations.

It has been my professional opinion for years that only scrubs gather, farm, or run raids, or whatever for gold. The real money is buying and selling. It's how I've made my millions.

Yes, world drop farms are ridiculously lucrative if you have a good comp. I've made something like 1mil+ out of maybe 3 world drop farming parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Are you in the same expansion as the rest of us? We're in BfA now. Thousands of gold per day doing world quests in Legion was possible, but not BfA.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid the golden area of gold-making in WoW is over. It still have profitable markets like BfA Enchanting or Alchemy. But rank 3 recipes are needed (revered rep) and you have to camp the auction house at least during prime raid times if you are in a high pop realm like Mal'Ganis or Dalaran. Crafting professions are nearly useless, you just sell utility stuff like Avoid Dazed, + Mount speed, etc and you can craft 300 ilvl items with a chance of proccing to 310. Herbalism is nice if you have a good route, rank 3 all herbs including anchor weed and you farm like Siren's Pollen (usually the higher priced herb). Its good to accumulate a couple of thousand to move into other markets. Otherwise, its boring.

I'd focus on establishing a MoP Alchemy + MoP Engineering combo on all alts you dont care. You craft Living Steel each day and Jard's Peculiar Energy Source to craft Sky Golem every 30 days. With Transmutation Master, you expect a ~15% procc on Trillium Bars and Living Steels, driving the cost of these down. Sky Golem will always be in demand and it will be like 30-50k profit for each character per month. It adds up if you are going for a big setup.

Other things to do are flipping BfA materials or high value items like Ghost Iron Ore/Bar etc. But you need some kind of experience to know each market and items uses, when to buy/sell, your threshold, setting up TSM and many other minor things that helps. Transmog market is also a good long-term investment, you have to be patient though and repost a lot.

One of the reasons I quit was Professions being so useless and boring in BfA. No guaranteed sockets so gems dont sell too much. Weapon and ring enchants only. Pot/flasks still sell but the entry level is so easy its barely profitable even with rank 3 procs. There are really no depth and no progression system for BfA professions like Obliterum used to be for Legion. Its just awful. I used 2.5m gold to buy Destiny 2 and CoD BO4 to have a good use of it. Bought Long Boi first saturday of the expansion with gold acquired from Darkmoon Cards (huge profit first week). I think I'm done with this expansion. I can't be arsed to play a boring and awfully polished game. Just chilling watching TV shows and playing other games casually.

Yes, it is.

But you need capital to start with in order to play the AH.

Other than that, then gathering professions is a safe bet (herbalism mostly) with crafting being for people with basic know-how of what sells or not. I have an alt with herbalism (rank 3 across the board) and my main has Alchemy. Gonna level my Enchanter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Simple example I DE'ed a 340 epic from a WQ cache that I didn't need, got a Veiled Crystal. 1500g on my server.
    Low pop or...? On my server epic crystals are under 700g and I've seen them as low as 400g. Haven't gone above 1k since m+ opened.

The only good money from professions I've made in BFA was selling warfront turn-in items, but that's basically once per 3 weeks and you have to fit yourself into the window of opportunity when turn-ins just appear, and have pre-stocked mats, and alts with multiple professions. I checked next day and prices already tanked, so the only great profit was immediately when quests popped up.

Most of my sales nowadays is transmog greenies from island expeditions.

Yes. Buy wow tokens lol.

I haven't given it any thought since I got back for BFA. I took enchanting and DE most of the gear I bring in. I'm sitting on around 300k from that alone and passive gold income for quests and the like. More than enough gold for gameplay purposes (even progression raiding). Granted, I'll need to figure something else out now. Enchanting mats are going for like 500/100/20g now, that won't cut it long term.