Incomming Prot Damage Nerf

At the end of the segment about tank balance in the Q & A Lore quickly mentioned that he talked with some devs and that they're looking at tank damage.

Looks like our only strongpoint is getting nerfed. Lets see if we get something to compensate for it.

I would hope, but you know why I've lost it...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... Warriors do need a damage nerf and a mitigation buff. You can't cry about wanting mitigation buffs and then be all like "yeah our OP damage is fine, don't adjust that!"

Prot Wars and Veng DH are the two tanks that are way above the rest on damage and needs to be nailed down a bit. Also BDKs when they can MC undead pet.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Prot warr needs AoE nerf and Single Target very slight buff

on top of fixing all the other glaring issues

and DK needs to be blown out of the sky

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's only a given that Unstoppable Force is going to see a nerf. Probably halve the damage bonus to Thunderclap to 50% or something. Booming voice will also likely see a reduction, if nothing else than to help rebalance this talent tier.

Hopefully there will be a single target buff in exchange, because we're lagging behind on that. As well as some general rotation fixes...
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    honestly the fact that they haven't nerfed it in a hotfix weeks ago kinda makes me think maybe we will get lucky. it is tied to a cooldown afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    I think it's only a given that Unstoppable Force is going to see a nerf. Probably halve the damage bonus to Thunderclap to 50% or something. Booming voice will also likely see a reduction, if nothing else than to help rebalance this talent tier.

Hopefully there will be a single target buff in exchange, because we're lagging behind on that. As well as some general rotation fixes...
    Huh ? I can't see how they would need BV considering it's what actually makes us viable. Our problem is we literally have like one set of talents that we can use to tank with. I mean I've seen some wars take dev but its admittedly out of play style rather then viability. There nothing op about booming voice. Care to explain?

Edit: Ah I think I know what you are saying. 15% damage increase with Demo shoit and since we can have demo shout up so long its a huge damage increase. Meh idk though I'd hope they wouldn't nerf that, rather buff devastate or vengeance to make different builds more competeable.
    Last edited by Scornedfury; 2018-10-12 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Huh ? I can't see how they would need BV considering it's what actually makes us viable. Our problem is we literally have like one set of talents that we can use to tank with. I mean I've seen some wars take dev but its admittedly out of play style rather then viability. There nothing op about booming voice. Care to explain?
    I don't think Booming Voice is OP on its own. The problem is that Booming Voice has such good synergy with our other talents that it blows the other options in that tier out of the water. Either they will nerf it, buff the other two talents, or they will simply make big enough rotational changes elsewhere (e.g. to anger management) that booming voice will stop being so strong.

But I'd be really surprised if it stays as strong as it is vs. the other talents in the tier.

Similarly, I expect them to do something about the tier 60 talents, directly or indirectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanssen View Post
    At the end of the segment about tank balance in the Q & A Lore quickly mentioned that he talked with some devs and that they're looking at tank damage.

Looks like our only strongpoint is getting nerfed. Lets see if we get something to compensate for it.

I would hope, but you know why I've lost it...
    Prot dmg is insane so fair enough they nerf it.

But the spec should definitely get something in return as you mention!

I think it's only a given that Unstoppable Force is going to see a nerf.
    And that would be awesome! At least from my point of view...i would like to have thunder clap to pick up mobs rather than having to spamm it on cd for dps /rage gain...i hate that playstyle with a passion... to often was TC on cd when it would be useful because no recenge proc

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    And that would be awesome! At least from my point of view...i would like to have thunder clap to pick up mobs rather than having to spamm it on cd for dps /rage gain...i hate that playstyle with a passion... to often was TC on cd when it would be useful because no recenge proc
    You'd hit it just as much maybe slightly less. TC is spamed so much because of increased demo uptime. Also, I don't see how nerfing TC would make you cast it less. You still need the rage gain and it procs SS regaurdless.
    Last edited by Scornedfury; 2018-10-12 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately even with Unstoppable Force nerfed, Thunderclap baseline is tuned to be used on CD as part of the rotation now, single target or multitarget. It will still generate rage, still proc Shield Slams... it's not like old TC where it was purely for AOE. Whether you talent into Unstoppable Force or not, you can't skip out on TC in your rotation?

You'd hit it just as much maybe slightly less. TC is spamed so much because of increased demo uptime. Also, I don't see how nerfing TC would make you cast it less. You still need the rage gain and it procs SS regaurdless.
    Unfortunately even with Unstoppable Force nerfed, Thunderclap baseline is tuned to be used on CD as part of the rotation now, single target or multitarget. It will still generate rage, still proc Shield Slams... it's not like old TC where it was purely for AOE. Whether you talent into Unstoppable Force or not, you can't skip out on TC in your rotation?
    A man can dream.. atleast. Maybe it get's nerfed so that i dont have to press that shit button all the time during avatar... or reworked or idk... i simply don't want TC to be part of the rotation i hate that shit^^give revenge proccs the 5 rage... shift dmg from TC to revenge idk... but please nerf that shit. The dmg breakdown on trashpacks is just frustrating.

Well atleast in my view

A man can dream.. atleast. Maybe it get's nerfed so that i dont have to press that shit button all the time during avatar... or reworked or idk... i simply don't want TC to be part of the rotation i hate that shit^^give revenge proccs the 5 rage... shift dmg from TC to revenge idk... but please nerf that shit. The dmg breakdown on trashpacks is just frustrating.

Well atleast in my view
    Huh? Really the main reason we spam it so much in ava specifically is constant demo up time. You're saying you want to get rid of that ? Essentially rework the whole thing? I'm also confused on why you even dislike it and prefer trash revenge over it ? Lol.

Deleted
    Huh? Really the main reason we spam it so much in ava specifically is constant demo up time. You're saying you want to get rid of that ? Essentially rework the whole thing? I'm also confused on why you even dislike it and prefer trash revenge over it ? Lol.
    Because until this expansion the general single target priority has been -pretty much SS>Rev>TC> Dev. and a decade of muscle memory is a hard thing to overcome and leaves a lass palatable taste in my mouth. Having TC damage ahead of Rev damage means that Rev procs are less valuable DPS and 25% (50% during Avatar) aren't worth using, so get munched, and we don't even care. What's the point of even having procs you don't care about? Might as well have have Revenge crits refund X rage, and drop Revenge! as a thing.

I'm also not particularly happy that during Avatar Shield Slam falls behind TC on damage.

A damage nerf seems in order but they need to make prot a little more survivable, and fun, fast and proccy.

we spam it to get constant demo uptime -> we rely on constant uptime on demo -> warrior more or less "viable" only if cosntant uptime on demo

So what if you don't have the trait for demo? This is a rotational setup that absolutely limits warrior tanking to one trait. That a cycled dependency which is never good because sooner or later you have to rework the whole thing. Otherwise prot warr would be tied to one trait for an entire expansion...what if you don't get a better piece with that trait? well you're stuck with an ilvl 325 for the expansion?

Doesn't feel that nice of design does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Because until this expansion the general single target priority has been -pretty much SS>Rev>TC> Dev. and a decade of muscle memory is a hard thing to overcome and leaves a lass palatable taste in my mouth. Having TC damage ahead of Rev damage means that Rev procs are less valuable DPS and 25% (50% during Avatar) aren't worth using, so get munched, and we don't even care. What's the point of even having procs you don't care about? Might as well have have Revenge crits refund X rage, and drop Revenge! as a thing.

I'm also not particularly happy that during Avatar Shield Slam falls behind TC on damage.

A damage nerf seems in order but they need to make prot a little more survivable, and fun, fast and proccy.
    That's also what i was talking about. You don't even consider using a procc? is that a nice design? If we would have to hold the procc for the optimal situation ok...but we don't even use it?!

And Shield Slam once was THE DMG spell. You could feel it. The animation the sound the big numbers, awesome design! and nor... "meh spam TC all day"

For me it just feels bad man

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post

and DK needs to be blown out of the sky
    I lol'd

bla bla char minimum