Poll: Was it worth it going this far to save a single person?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    We don't need EU to start sanctions. Why do you think your dear leader folded and gave us the pastor? Is it because they work?
    No. The deal was made for possibly Manbij. Right after the pastor's release, Turkey and USA started preparing for joint patrols in Manbij country side. Turkey's next target is clearing Manbij from PKK presence.

As a side note, USA is a small trade partner for Turkey. Like it's below 5% of total export volume. The real deal is EU, which is close to 40% of total export volume, then Russia and the rest.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-10-14 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    No. The deal was made for possibly Manbij. Right after the pastor's release, Turkey and USA started preparing for joint patrols in Manbij country side. Turkey's next target is clearing Manbij from PKK presence.

As a side note, USA is a small trade partner for Turkey. Like it's below 5% of total export volume. The real deal is EU, which is close to 40% of total export volume, then Russia and the rest.
    The patrols have been on the table before releasing the pastor. You seem to think sanctions are just trade. We can put them on anyone in the country or multiple people. Your banks want to participate in the rebuild of syria when the time comes? We can make that hard also. That rebuild will make many many people very wealthy.

Honestly Turkey has gotten away with too much by being a supposed "ally" of the EU. While initially this brought the country closer to the EU, this process was way slower and more troubled than either side tried to acknowledge on the surface. And recently the charade has just completely fallen apart and Turkey's just become just another country in that region. Led by a ruthless dictator, out for blood where they can get it, and violating humanitarian norms and freedoms left and right.

It's reached absurd levels, that we're still tolerating them like this. We should just cut ties and benefits. This story is not going to have a happy end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I have to admit, I think you are not particularly smart and probably a waste of time but I will respond to your horseshit so that other readers form their own opinion.

Does it matter if the terror is employed by indigenous or foreign militants? Do you deny that PKK is a terrorist organization?
    I see the brainwashing is still strong. Either that, or your room temperature IQ is starting to show.

Who is talking about what matters? I listed valid reasons why PKK engages in terrorism (Opression of Kurds). If you want historical examples of that, look no further than 19th century Ireland. Comparing 40 million people who want their own sovereign state and ISIS is downright disgusting. All you're trying to do in this entire conversation is to connect PKK and Kurds as if they are one and the same, and not as it is the truth, that PKK is just a small subset of Kurds who want their independence as well.

Funny that, you're still silent on the matter of Armenian genocide, but you do have time to be throwing insults. Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I listed valid reasons why PKK engages in terrorism (Opression of Kurds).
    Valid reasons for terrorism. Sounds legit. This is a signature worthy dumb post.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    All you're trying to do in this entire conversation is to connect PKK and Kurds as if they are one and the same
    Do not project. Only group of people on Earth using the word "Kurd" as a substitute for terrorist organization PKK is Western people. Turks do quite well differentiating PKK and other groups of Kurds. For example, Peshmerge.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-10-14 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erdogan isn't an ally.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Honestly Turkey has gotten away with too much by being a supposed "ally" of the EU. While initially this brought the country closer to the EU, this process was way slower and more troubled than either side tried to acknowledge on the surface. And recently the charade has just completely fallen apart and Turkey's just become just another country in that region. Led by a ruthless dictator, out for blood where they can get it, and violating humanitarian norms and freedoms left and right.

It's reached absurd levels, that we're still tolerating them like this. We should just cut ties and benefits. This story is not going to have a happy end.
    It's hard to claim the moral high ground when you imprison tens of thousands of children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    It's hard to claim the moral high ground when you imprison tens of thousands of children.
    A law passed by the Obama admin which went under the radar until Trump got into office. Also how do you know that these kids were not taken from other people as token to get into the country?

Go research some facts instead of talking out your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    I'm Dutch. While we have our own flaws, but I think you're referring to USA immigrant policies? I don't have the expertise and insight to answer on that one.

But I do feel confident arguing my country commits far less human rights violations. Nor am I in danger being fired and imprisoned for not being a supporter of the ruling political parties, but advocating for the opposition in my country.