Thread: CnC Remaster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Lol. RPS doesn't like ad-blocker. Guess I'm never going to that site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    The game industry is really cashing in on the whole "Games were innovative for fifteen years, lets just remake that shit."
    can't blame them. Everytime someone tries something new they are bombared with negative shitkids. Look at wow. Trying to go forward and add new shit and features and the only feedback is "vanilla wus bettR. Gief classic"

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Can I get a Krush Kill N Destroy remaster instead? I liked that series more.
    if somebody made a good enough C&C base game it'd be easy enough to port over models like what happens for space rts games, just re-skin the shit have Dune to KKnD running on the same engine it'd just be a fan project which in most cases ends up better for remakes.
    Make sure if you still play your voice is heard if it matters to you, Mine wasn't.
    Legion is doing slightly better than wod, seems like everyone likes rng and unlimited ap boys!
    BFA is another failure on Blizzard for leaving out information yet again despite promising communication with players while Azerite armor is an unfun system forced onto us to keep us grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by the stormbringer View Post
    can i get a krush kill n destroy remaster instead? i liked that series more.
    there shooting up our camp

im alive

yeah? Oh yeah

CnC remasters sounds like a good idea for both us to enjoy and EA to milk, I don't trust them to do a clean job of it though. But still it would be nice to be able to play all the original games (from CNC one through to Tiberium Sun/RA2) at modern resolutions and without the crazy unit speed inconsistencies caused by modern CPU's. I'm sure I had a workaround for that with Tiberium Sun, without it the game is barely playable.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

The Ultimate Collection of the games is perfectly working on W10, shame it is on Origin only, would prefer a steam edition as well.

"I'm a... I'm a mechanical man" *guitar riff*

When I was a kid we got our first 386 PC and I was playing Dune 2 for hours on end, then we got a 486 and C&C dropped, as well as my jaw.

Man I played that first C&C so much I sometimes almost pissed my pants because I didn't want to pause it to make a toilet break.
    Even though the majority seems to be very keen on Red Alert 2, I personally loved C&C1/RA1 the most. I could replay those campaigns endlessly!

I'll probably play the remasters of those two games, I don't think I have time to play them all. I still have that Decade collection but barely touched it since I bought it years back.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2018-10-15 at 06:57 AM.

Will the CnC remaster fix the issue with Nod strength being directly tied to how close to the right edge of the map your airstrip is?

Maybe they fixed Tiberian Sun eventually, but I just remember the balance on it being really horrible in the launch promo tournament Westwood had at the time. Nod was trash and the GDI mechs basically overran everything. Came this close to winning the tournament and getting a free Playstation at the time Took 2nd place which was, ironically enough my choice of any Westwood game and I took the CNC Collection lol.

RA2 was amazing in its base form besides maybe the dolphin vs squid imbalance. I heard the Yuri's Revenge expan basically fucked the entire game up though bc his faction was OP. At the time though, what really made my friend and I quit was the awful networking. Matches took like 5mins to load and 75% of the time one of the 4 ppl got dropped. You'd be lucky to get in 1-2 matches an hour because of that shit so we lost interest. For those few months though it was amazing all the fun meta strategies I came up with.

Get inside their heads by building just 1 Kirov and buzzing it around near their base so they get paranoid of the sound and waste a bunch of money on AA. Use late-game excess resources to pump out unlimited conscripts and use true Soviet human wave tactics by sending in a massive wave of them ahead of my tanks to soften up the enemy. Use Iraqi Radtroopers and intentionally irradiate the battlefield vs. Allies bc Soviet tanks have higher average armor and win via attrition as they take more rad damage. Before the Nuke truck nerf, my friend and I would counter with double South Korea and rush Black Eagles: You could ground-target one at their base and have it return at the last moment and rotate 2 jets waiting for the nuke truck announcement then send it in instead of returning and blow it up on the warfactory ramp, taking it out with it. Was wiped out at sea by dolphins one time and developed a "barrage balloon" tactic where I sank most of his dolphins blindly ground-targeting bombs into the water then having them continue bombing the area to let me build back up, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Them saying no microtransactions is a plus, but I just know they will still manage to fuck it up somehow.
    There will be macrotransactions and toot boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Will the CnC remaster fix the issue with Nod strength being directly tied to how close to the right edge of the map your airstrip is?

Maybe they fixed Tiberian Sun eventually, but I just remember the balance on it being really horrible in the launch promo tournament Westwood had at the time. Nod was trash and the GDI mechs basically overran everything. Came this close to winning the tournament and getting a free Playstation at the time Took 2nd place which was, ironically enough my choice of any Westwood game and I took the CNC Collection lol.

RA2 was amazing in its base form besides maybe the dolphin vs squid imbalance. I heard the Yuri's Revenge expan basically fucked the entire game up though bc his faction was OP. At the time though, what really made my friend and I quit was the awful networking. Matches took like 5mins to load and 75% of the time one of the 4 ppl got dropped. You'd be lucky to get in 1-2 matches an hour because of that shit so we lost interest. For those few months though it was amazing all the fun meta strategies I came up with.

Get inside their heads by building just 1 Kirov and buzzing it around near their base so they get paranoid of the sound and waste a bunch of money on AA. Use late-game excess resources to pump out unlimited conscripts and use true Soviet human wave tactics by sending in a massive wave of them ahead of my tanks to soften up the enemy. Use Iraqi Radtroopers and intentionally irradiate the battlefield vs. Allies bc Soviet tanks have higher average armor and win via attrition as they take more rad damage. Before the Nuke truck nerf, my friend and I would counter with double South Korea and rush Black Eagles: You could ground-target one at their base and have it return at the last moment and rotate 2 jets waiting for the nuke truck announcement then send it in instead of returning and blow it up on the warfactory ramp, taking it out with it. Was wiped out at sea by dolphins one time and developed a "barrage balloon" tactic where I sank most of his dolphins blindly ground-targeting bombs into the water then having them continue bombing the area to let me build back up, etc.
    Man it sounds like you had an awesome time in C&C :-) I never did the multiplayer, was focussed on the campaigns only.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    When did they start to care about that.
    They didn't launch a mobile game with microtransactions in order to NOT make money. Established franchises print money easier than new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While likely true the sad thing is if people want a actual CnC game they need to buy this. If this doesn't do well enough then CnC will be dead besides the mobile shit.
    CnC is likely still dead in terms of new products. A successful remaster just means remastering every old game.

The C&C franchise holds dear in my heart.

I remember watching my dad play C&C Gold when I was very young and then when I became cognizant of my surroundings I remember him showing me Red Alert.

Early 2000's is when I binged Red Alert 2 and Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge.

Amazing. Hopefully they will do right by the franchise.

*looks at C&C 4: Tiberium Twilight*

Well... uh, I mean maybe they learned...

*looks at C&C: Rivals*

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    This game clearly has some kind of supernatural hold on people. Not only do people still play it, but some people who don't play it still want to come on to the forums and spend their time talking about it!

WHAT A CRAZY WORLD THIS IS.