View Poll Results: What should I do with my mining cards?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep for later mining

1 16.67%
  • Sell them

5 83.33%

Thread: Mining Cards

Mining Cards

I have some GTX 1060, 1070, and 1070ti cards that have more than paid for themselves with mining, but I don't run them during the summer due to heat. I was planning to fire them back up this winter, but it looks like the market is cratering. It could possibly recover, but I'm just not sure if I should hold onto these cards or try to sell them.

I haven't ever sold any hardware online before, so I'm not sure it's worth the bother. What do you think? Keep them in case crypto takes off again, or dump them? I never pushed them hard, so they're in pretty much pristine condition.

Crypto will take off again, but not anytime soon. Sell them asap.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 256GB Samsung EVO 850 PRO | 2TB WD2003FZEX | 2TB WD20EFRX | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | Tt eSPORTS POSSEIDON | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T

Sell them now. Just try not to flood the market

Crypto will price itself exactly as it is, monetised energy, but long term I can see it being wholly uneconomical on any platform where the currency isn't just used as a "battery" for renewables.

Just speculation of course

You should sell them. Currently with the price of crypto, it's not economically feasible to turn in a profit with most cryptocurrencies unless you plan to keep the crypto in the long run.