Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gearing/Alts etc is so much better in BFA vs legion

BFA gets a lot of shit.. but it definitely is an improvement over legion for me.. AP.. Legendaries were a HUGE roadblock when it came to making alts/switching specs.. got the wrong one? GOOD luck.. Blizzard nerfed your spec? GOOD luck

You were forced to use at least 4 bits of tier sometimes 6.. (2 from previous tier).. stuck with Artifact weapon.

Exactly were are the upgrades coming from.. You do the weekly m+ 10-15.. but hitting an upgrade is like finding a needle in a haystack as you have 6-9 bits of gear already locked in.. The right balance would be an Artifact weapon type system without legendaries/tier gear or Azerite

Being disappointed constantly by mythic + cache or the wrong legendary was terrible terrible game design.. something BFA improved greatly on

15+ Year Old Account
    BFA is worse because I don't want to play any of the crappy specs, especially in PVP (other than rogue) and there is no catch up mechanic for the required rep grind, even though there is for everything else.

Blizzard isn't consistent anymore. Everything is arbitrary and random and WoWsplained away.

Getting 340 is nice due to warfronts. That is about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    BFA gets a lot of shit.. but it definitely is an improvement over legion for me.. AP.. Legendaries were a HUGE roadblock when it came to making alts/switching specs.. got the wrong one? GOOD luck.. Blizzard nerfed your spec? GOOD luck

You were forced to use at least 4 bits of tier sometimes 6.. (2 from previous tier).. stuck with Artifact weapon.

Exactly were are the upgrades coming from.. You do the weekly m+ 10-15.. but hitting an upgrade is like finding a needle in a haystack as you have 6-9 bits of gear already locked in.. The right balance would be an Artifact weapon type system without legendaries/tier gear or Azerite

Being disappointed constantly by mythic + cache or the wrong legendary was terrible terrible game design.. something BFA improved greatly on
    Aren't you luck the only good bits about BfA are the ones they improved on from Legion then? Too bad the rest is awful.

Also, very rarely were tier from old raids better, minus like 3 of 36 specs.

Very easy to gear from just m+ spam.

gearing alts in legion wasnt hard, people were just lazy and loud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    BFA is worse because I don't want to play any of the crappy specs, especially in PVP (other than rogue) and there is no catch up mechanic for the required rep grind, even though there is for everything else.

Blizzard isn't consistent anymore. Everything is arbitrary and random and WoWsplained away.
    Never been catch up mechanics in the first part of the expansions. You are getting it early this time, in 8.1.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    i really wish they would encourage alts more and stop milking addicts with their time gates and catch up mechanisms after the meaningfull content is over

How is it better? Same artifact power new worse talents.

If you like to be mediocre then sure.

In Legion you could get the legendary and be done with it, sure it could take some times ( lets ignore the first 3 months of the Legion expansion )

BFA in current state is awful, you need to unlock the neck lvl and need 3 <--- legendaries that not only they will not work because its not unlocked but they may work for one week then get nerfed to the ground on the next, in a never ending cycle. ( FOR EVERY SINGLE ALT )

But hey if you only looking for ilvl 340 from warfront and mongo expedition and neck lvl 18 then yeah the game is great, not even sure how you planning to run a m+ 10 or 15 this way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladina View Post

In Legion you could get the legendary and be done with it, sure it could take some times ( lets ignore the first 3 months of the Legion expansion )

BFA in current state is awful, you need to unlock the neck lvl and need 3 <--- legendaries that not only they will not work because its not unlocked but they may work for one week then get nerfed to the ground on the next, in a never ending cycle. ( FOR EVERY SINGLE ALT )

But hey if you only looking for ilvl 340 from warfront and mongo expedition and neck lvl 18 then yeah the game is great, not even sure how you planning to run a m+ 10 or 15 this way.
    He doesnt. He just want waste his time gearing useless alt and have 0 actualy good characters. I never liked owning more than 1 character in mmo so i am totaly againts catch up systems and other alt friendly mechanics what devalues effort on your main char.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladina View Post

In legion you could get a legendary and be done with lul.. yeah be done with it IF you get the one you want.. or you know you could still be a year into the expansion without it.. despite grinding more then some ass.. who got BIS for his first legendary

You need to unlock neck lvl? If you don't have the first 2 DPS talents unlocked at this stage your not playing the game.. even on alts it's laughably easy.. on a main you should have defensive slots by now and be on ILVL upgrade for some bits.. i guess you don't play

You know what you can't do with legendaries? reforge and set to a different spec..

You were stuck in ONE spec

Also maybe warfronts is your level.. but anyone with friends (unlikely for most people here i guess) or a guild and level a character in 5-10hrs and gear them in the space of a day.. and catch up far easier AP wise then they ever could in legion

My group has a couple classes each the alts got over 360 in the space of a week and became viable.. something that never happened in legion especially at this stage of the expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    He doesnt. He just want waste his time gearing useless alt and have 0 actualy good characters. I never liked owning more than 1 character in mmo so i am totaly againts catch up systems and other alt friendly mechanics what devalues effort on your main char.
    Useless alts lol.. spoken like a true LFRer

Being able to call on another alt or two is fantastic for pushing M+ or even raiding probably something you have never done so that's ok

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    gearing alts in legion wasnt hard, people were just lazy and loud

You realize Artifact weapon required AP to get talents (far more grinding then is needed now for azerite)

And Most specs needed certain legendaries? Which were far more powerful and unbalanced then azerite traits?

So if you mean getting purples from a raid sure.. getting near people who played the whole expansion? good luck unless you get extreme RNG with legendaries..

I have to agree that BFA isn't much of an improvement over Legion sure a couple of systems azerite isn't *as bad* and free loot from warfronts is nice but the same core concept seems to stop blizzard from making alts a more common side project, there shouldn't need to be catch up methods for azerite or power or w/e it should ONLY BE GEAR.

Previous expansions have been much less annoyance getting an alt to max level and ready to raid, artifact power should be account wide or similar, after all blizzard don't care which toon you play as long as you play *one*
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Deleted
    Once you hit like 335 and you've done your m0/lfr your only chance is m+ and good luck finding groups/creating them.
    Finding is almost impossible since you do not outgear +2 and creating them is even more frustrating since a) you aer not outgearing them so ppl leave all the time and it takes aprox 45 minutes to get a +2/3 started and THEN you probably only get +1 if at all with a chance to not receive any loot for like 1 1/2 hours of playing. No, gearing up an alt is shity af by now where everyone got their main geared and is only playing the minimum (doing relevant WQ/+10 for weekly)

BfA has nothing to offer so people do not play as much as in Legion where the game was fun resulting in less possible partys which means more time investment to get groups going + chance of getting nothing at all which means more time investment until you get that ilvl where you MAY be invited to groups instead of creating one and if you're a DPS the time needed is multiplied by 10 as well. Getting 340 from warfronts every month is worth shit by now since no one cares for 340 people (besides other 340 obviously). Majority of people is 360ish and therefore requires 360+ for any content no matter how irrelevant that may be. I got my main to 374 and my alt who is a Blood DK to 365 but purely because i am a tank and a blood DK at that. There is to much class diversity right now so many people are being declined purely because of that. Playing a druid? I hope it's balance, shaman? Riperino, hunter is "BM or GTFO". Tanks? You are a Warrior/Druid/Monk? Got bad news for you. If you play the right class/spec it is "easier" to gear up, if not it gets annoyingly harder again.

I have 8 120 chars (don't judge, not much to do in BfA) in the range of 340-370 so i do know what i am talking about because i only create my own groups and it IS hard af compared to legion where m+ was easier and therefore the community did not look down on weaker classes as much as now.
    Last edited by mmoc931205a829; 2018-10-14 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never been catch up mechanics in the first part of the expansions. You are getting it early this time, in 8.1.
    I'd argue warfronts are the perfect alt catch up and that's been available for awhile. 8.1 just adds to it. Getting 370's this early for alts from the dungeon quest, warfronts, world boss was something legion never offered the only issue is CoA rep gating but to be honest I'm almost revered on my alt and I barely do any of the WQ's.

BfA's issues are around class balance and azerite feeling underwhelming.

In legion you could get a legendary and be done with lul.. yeah be done with it IF you get the one you want.. or you know you could still be a year into the expansion without it.. despite grinding more then some ass.. who got BIS for his first legendary

You need to unlock neck lvl? If you don't have the first 2 DPS talents unlocked at this stage your not playing the game.. even on alts it's laughably easy.. on a main you should have defensive slots by now and be on ILVL upgrade for some bits.. i guess you don't play

You know what you can't do with legendaries? reforge and set to a different spec..

You were stuck in ONE spec

Also maybe warfronts is your level.. but anyone with friends (unlikely for most people here i guess) or a guild and level a character in 5-10hrs and gear them in the space of a day.. and catch up far easier AP wise then they ever could in legion

My group has a couple classes each the alts got over 360 in the space of a week and became viable.. something that never happened in legion especially at this stage of the expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Useless alts lol.. spoken like a true LFRer

Being able to call on another alt or two is fantastic for pushing M+ or even raiding probably something you have never done so that's ok

- - - Updated - - -

You realize Artifact weapon required AP to get talents (far more grinding then is needed now for azerite)

And Most specs needed certain legendaries? Which were far more powerful and unbalanced then azerite traits?

So if you mean getting purples from a raid sure.. getting near people who played the whole expansion? good luck unless you get extreme RNG with legendaries..
    No spec "needed" legendaries.
    You wanted them SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER bad because some site told you that it was the best one. Most of the classes played just fine with sephuz/prydaz after they fixed their functionality, with those 2 being arguable bis for many specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Warfronts, Warfront cache, World Bosses, Weekly events when it is timewalking or dungeons. My warlock alt has not stepped foot in a normal raid or M+ and only done 5 Mythics and is 358
    Warfronts get you to 340 every month with a ton of boring grind (boring in the sense of warfronts suck a lot) which is okayish to do. FOr more than 340 you have to grind a ton more in hopes of WF/TF. World bosses can be looted twice (bonusroll) a week with a chance of getting nothing at all and then you're out of them so i do not count them as a method of gearing since you can not farm them. The only weekly event where you get a 355 NHC loot is up once a month so it does not count as well if you got to 120 literally the day after it ended. Timewalking itself is okayish but won't get you higher as 340 which is the first breakpoint anyway. It does make it easier to reach that point though but once again: Only available one week per month so not a good method for gearing if you got to 120 the day after. If you missed out on that you either stop playing until WF/Timewalk is up again or you have a hard time getting 340 which is not a good experience at all imo. It should be the same difficulty all the time to get your gear going and not "one time a month we gift you gear and the rest of the time you're screwed".

Could you please tell me how many weeks you are playing that WL and how many WF/TF items you have? Because from those low end sources alone you certainly do not get 358 unless you get very lucky with your WF/TF.

Legion and BFA totally kill alts imo.
    Up until legion i had at least 5-10 chars at max level and at least in normal-level gear numbers.
    And i loved to swap between them and actually do something close to my main.
    That was fun because playing 1 character for 14+ years would be boring.
    I've swapped mains so much.

Now, it's to much of a chore to do that that im down to one main thats competitive (and by that I mean can keep up with the normal/heroic peers i run with, don't care about super high level mythic raiding) and maybe 1 alt thats no where near close
    It sucks.
    This is a game to me, not a chore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    I'd argue warfronts are the perfect alt catch up and that's been available for awhile. 8.1 just adds to it. Getting 370's this early for alts from the dungeon quest, warfronts, world boss was something legion never offered the only issue is CoA rep gating but to be honest I'm almost revered on my alt and I barely do any of the WQ's.

BfA's issues are around class balance and azerite feeling underwhelming.
    Oh, that is true, you could use it for such but wasn't designed for it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..