Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dolly and Dot are.. FLESH Eaters!!??

So.. this came as a surprise.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=51780/...-dolly-and-dot

Summery, your asked to find vulture eggs and kill vultures for their meat to feed dolly and dot.

I did some quick research on alpacas, and no, they are not meat eaters, their diet is consist of grass and hay or grain.

https://www.alpacainfo.com/academy/about-alpacas

That moment when innocence dies :S

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't know that alpacas were herbivores before seeing this quest and having to conduct your own research?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol *ear to ear smile* Dolly and Dot are my best friends, they pull my wagon through dunes of sands. They have small teeth and they love to eat......FLESH! HAHAHHAAA!

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You didn't know that alpacas were herbivores before seeing this quest and having to conduct your own research?
    To be honest, could have been omnivores, weirder things happened around the globe.

My scientific guess is that Alpacas simply wouldn't be able to efficiently pull a wagon through dunes and sand without this sweet sweet animal protein. No alpaca has been seen doing that in the real world, perhaps they would with a change of diet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'm no farmer, I've heard weirder things what animals eat, so yeah, to back it up. I didn't know crabs eat their own young either before a year ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    lol *ear to ear smile* Dolly and Dot are my best friends, they pull my wagon through dunes of sands. They have small teeth and they love to eat......FLESH! HAHAHHAAA!
    my god, we would have known, if the song wasn't interrupted :O

Somehow that picture makes me sick to my stomach, like seeing a bull eating hyenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Their favourite food are extra crispy night elven children teldrassil style.

Also if Rimworld taught me anything any animal can be a manhunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Somehow that picture makes me sick to my stomach, like seeing a bull eating hyenas.

Or,
    You just got tricked into gathering food for the Vulpera. You wouldn’t want Dolly and Dot *cough* to starve now do you

10+ Year Old Account
    Dolly and Dot are my best friends
    They pull my wagon through dunes of sand
    They have small teeth and they like to eat
    Their favorite meal is flesh and meat
    Bird meat, crab meat, any will do
    Bring them some before they eat you
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-12-19 at 06:38 PM.

I mean, most herbivores will eat meat if you disguise it and put it in front of there face.

A horse will easily eat a hot dog or hamburger from your hand without hesitation if you waive it in front of them.

I think the blame here should be the Vulpera. Obvious vile little spawns of satan

10+ Year Old Account
    All of a sudden seeing those fox tails on the caravan paints a whole new image of horror.

Only flesh can appease the beasts..

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm no farmer, I've heard weirder things what animals eat, so yeah, to back it up. I didn't know crabs eat their own young either before a year ago.

- - - Updated - - -

my god, we would have known, if the song wasn't interrupted :O
    There are almost zero obligate herbivore animals in the world. Even domesticated ones like cows and horses will eat small birds or rodents if they can catch them and are hungry.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Like bird-eating deer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    There are almost zero obligate herbivore animals in the world. Even domesticated ones like cows and horses will eat small birds or rodents if they can catch them and are hungry.
    Yeah, my grandparent's horse would happily eat christmas ham if offered...

Was a sight to behold, I have to say.

3+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    All of a sudden seeing those fox tails on the caravan paints a whole new image of horror.

Only flesh can appease the beasts..

I hope your profile location is innocent

5+ Year Old Account
    The meat is weird, but the eggs I could understand. Even horses are known to eat bird eggs for nutrients on occasion.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Alpacas belong to the order Artiodactyla, all of whom aren't obligate herbivores (those are actually quite rare in the kingdom Animalia). They subsist primarily on grasses, but can and will supplement their diets with flesh from small creatures if the need requires. Alpacas especially are adapted to regions where grazing quality is poor, and their ability to range widely in terms of the sources of nutrients they'll take in is well known. Vol'dun is notably resource-poor, with little in the way of vegetation at all - it wouldn't surprise me at all if the local Alpacas were almost classifiable as omnivorous due to the paucity of the region, eating whatever they need to survive in the harsh environment be it grasses, insects, reptiles, and some small animals.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Like bird-eating deer?
    Thats Wendigo.

You want to see something traumatizing? Crocolisk are NOT crocodiles, they have SIX legs.