Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Lady Liadrin is a savage

Time and time again Lady Liadrin shows why she's actually the biggest patriot in the Horde.

Thalyssra: "It would seem that 'Elune's wisdom' guided her (Tyrande) away from the bond we once shared. So be it."

Lady Liadrin: The Sin'dorei are also scorned by Tyrande and her prideful lot. Yet for many ages her people slept in dens and hid in trees while my people fought to save this world.

She burned the Night Elves more than Teldrassil did, because we all know it's true. Malfurion Stormrage, the strongest druid in the world did nothing but sleep for thousands of years. After the War of the Shifting Sands, the Night Elves as a race were sleeping and hiding for a thousand years. And while the world was burning, the Night Elves did nothing but sleep and hide in trees.

Rewatching that video did nothing but confirm for me personally that the Nightborne made the correct choice in joining the Horde.

Edit: Here's the video for those who want to watch the exchange:

Last edited by united; 2018-10-13 at 02:17 AM.
    change can't wait.

She or Lor'themar would be the best warchief in my opinion.

Alleria- I wanna touch the sunwell in void form.
    Lor'Themar- NO YOU IDIOT I JUST GAVE YOU ACCESS TO THE CITY ANNNNDDDDDDDDDD AHHHH! DAMNIT.
    Lor'Themar- Homeless woman. Get....out.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

What you're getting excited about is actually horrible writing and pretty much the exact opposite of what happened in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    What you're getting excited about is actually horrible writing and pretty much the exact opposite of what happened in lore.
    So you deny Malfurion slept for ten thousand years?
    change can't wait.

While the Druids slept, the Night Elves were involved in more wars than any other race. Without the Night Elves, the Burning Legion would have won a long time ago.

It'd be a lot cooler if it wasn't a completely hypocritical and pathetic way of viewing a race that was responsible for the salvation of Azeroth twice in the past. Liadrin is nothing but "lawful boring" at best and bites the hand that feeds her.

Not only did the night elves aid the blood elves in WC3, but they also participated in every war since the blood elves even became a race. High elves, on the other hand, were exclusionists and stuck-up snobs who abandoned the humans the moment it suited them and only came back to the Alliance when the Old Horde was literally at their doorstep. Even more ironic, the force that the high elves fought to save the world from that the night elf didn't are now their allies that are trying to do the exact thing that they tried to do last time: the orc invasion.

Meanwhile, let's look at the night elves. The war of the ancients were caused by the high elves' ancestors and saved by those that "slept in dens and hid in the trees", what we now know as the night elf culture. Highborne, the ancestors of high elves, were directly responsible for endangering the entire planet.

Then again, when Archimonde attacked, it was the night elves that saved the entire planet from being conquered by Archimonde, at the cost of their own immortality.

I don't know whether to take Liadrin's statement as a massive, ugly character flaw or Blizzard not thinking through what they write these characters to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    She or Lor'themar would be the best warchief in my opinion.

Alleria- I wanna touch the sunwell in void form.
    Lor'Themar- NO YOU IDIOT I JUST GAVE YOU ACCESS TO THE CITY ANNNNDDDDDDDDDD AHHHH! DAMNIT.
    Lor'Themar- Homeless woman. Get....out.
    That truly proves Theron's stupidity. Alleria was misguided, it's as simple as that. If Theron were smart, he would have denied Alleria access to the Sunwell, regardless of her opinion. Since Alleria is wise, eventually she would have realized that it would have been for the greater good. But since Theron is a bigot and a racist, on top of being a fool, he allowed her to come too close to the Sunwell. Then he even had the guts to exile her without apologizing for not showing her the respect that was due to her (as the most renowned war veteran in Thalassian history and finest of the Rangers), and treating her in a most obscene and vulgar way by cutting her words. Alleria is basically a victim of Theron's stupidity, and paid for it, even though she had no control over her fate.

So you deny that the Night Elves fought for many ages to save the world against threats such as the Satyrs, Worgen and Qiraji?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Time and time again Lady Liadrin shows why she's actually the biggest patriot in the Horde.

Thalyssra: "It would seem that 'Elune's wisdom' guided her (Tyrande) away from the bond we once shared. So be it."

Lady Liadrin: The Sin'dorei are also scorned by Tyrande and her prideful lot. Yet for many ages her people slept in dens and hid in trees while my people fought to save this world.

She burned the Night Elves more than Teldrassil did, because we all know it's true. Malfurion Stormrage, the strongest druid in the world did nothing but sleep for thousands of years. After the War of the Shifting Sands, the Night Elves as a race were sleeping and hiding for a thousand years. And while the world was burning, the Night Elves did nothing but sleep and hide in trees.

Rewatching that video did nothing but confirm for me personally that the Nightborne made the correct choice in joining the Horde.
    Yeah...and what did the Nightborne do but hid behind their shield for thousands and thousands of years and when the first person came knocking the immediately sold out and started embracing their captors...I don't recall the Night Elves doing something like that.

Why did the High/Blood Elves become what they are today? Because they refused to give up the magics they used that nearly handed the world over to Sargeras...what did Liadrin and her people do to channel the light? They siphoned it from a Naaru. Her and her people blindly followed Kael over towards the Legion till he went into the deep end. Another way of helping the Legion return...

So sorry, she is basically the pot calling the kettle black while also hanging out with a few black cups A.K.A. the Nightborne while the pot and the cups laugh with smug superiority at the kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Malfurion actually only used the "sleeping" as a front to cover the fact that he was having relations with a male night elf. He thought Tyrande would be horrified so he used the "I was just sleeping" defence.

Why look, a bait thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchingFire View Post
    Malfurion actually only used the "sleeping" as a front to cover the fact that he was having relations with a male night elf. He thought Tyrande would be horrified so he used the "I was just sleeping" defence.
    Someone having sexual dreams of Malfurion that he is to insecure to talk about?

Is it weird that I think Thalyssra feels like a different character since the end of Legion? Not even just her overreacting to Tyrande's coldness. The fact that she doesn't bat an eye at Sylvanas visiting a level of cruelty to civilians, her kin , that is comparable to the Legions occupation of Suramar just leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth for the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance reeeeing over the Nightborne will never stop being funny tbh

you do actually have to have an undeveloped brain to take liadrin's side in this, and that is also true for thalyssra, who just got done spending 10,000 years inside a literal bubble where her people did absolutely nothing to help anyone, and immediately surrendered to the burning legion when they finally showed up. even if liadrin wasn't openly lying about the night elves, thalyssra is possibly azeroth's greatest hypocrite for buying into it

the high elves/blood elves met with ruin precisely because they camped out behind the ban'dinoriel and left the humans to deal with the undead. this is literally the reason they were basically wiped out. meanwhile the night elves were eternally devoted to protecting nordrassil, a thing that turned out to be extremely important when the legion returned and their entire plan was to go and get nordrassil.

the night elves sacrificing their immortality to save azeroth is literally an act of humility that isn't matched by anyone else in wow's lore except possibly the draenei. blood elves and nightborne are both complete trash morally and don't have a leg to stand on, which is why they joined the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Someone having sexual dreams of Malfurion that he is to insecure to talk about?
    I don't putt from the rough, sorry to disappoint you.

Sylvanas on the other hand...she is one sexy badass strong independent woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    So you deny that the Night Elves fought for many ages to save the world against threats such as the Satyrs, Worgen and Qiraji?
    The funny thing is Night Elves are the causes of the threats that you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yeah...and what did the Nightborne do but hid behind their shield for thousands and thousands of years and when the first person came knocking the immediately sold out and started embracing their captors...I don't recall the Night Elves doing something like that.

Why did the High/Blood Elves become what they are today? Because they refused to give up the magics they used that nearly handed the world over to Sargeras...what did Liadrin and her people do to channel the light? They siphoned it from a Naaru. Her and her people blindly followed Kael over towards the Legion till he went into the deep end. Another way of helping the Legion return...

So sorry, she is basically the pot calling the kettle black while also hanging out with a few black cups A.K.A. the Nightborne while the pot and the cups laugh with smug superiority at the kettle.
    Nightborne held a rebellion, (Thalyssra included) to take back her city. She came back from starvation, and liberated her people.

Lady Liadrin watched her king die in front of her very eyes and saw Silvermoon sacked. She lost her faith in the light, trained to be a warrior to fight Scourge, then decided enough was enough and became the first blood knight.

Just last expansion, Malfurion got kidnapped by a shadow and got a dragon killed.
    change can't wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    elf cringe once again ResidentSleeper

I remember that during the 3rd war, the High elves only sent a token force because they didn't think the horde was their problem. Before that, they asked the fledgling human nation for help with the amani trolls, more a personal threat than a global one. And even during the founding of Silvermoon, they couldn't give up the thing that lead the legion to Azeroth and would rather create some monoliths to attempt to hide their magic use (which grew even more wasteful, i mean, self-sweeping brooms?) instead of only using it when needed. Apart from that, there isn't any proof that the High/Blood elves were part of any other conflict.

Meanwhile the Night elves became more or less the protectors of azeroth, fighting alongside the dragonflights during the war of shifting sands and killing any remaining demons in the satyr war.

So, Liadrin was a tiny bit hyperbolic when talking to Thalyssra. Still, Tyrande's a jerk and Liadrin wasn't, so the nightborne's choice was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Alliance reeeeing over the Nightborne will never stop being funny tbh
    People looking at the clustfuck the Nightborne current lore is now and facepalming is quite different. I play both sides and I find the reasoning to be terrible.