Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Twinking was so fun back in day. All the people saying those that twinked are A-holes. No one forced you to play bg's.

I remember getting my face ripped off over and over in bg's and finally said what do they have that I don't. Found out my answer and fought back instead of whining about it. And it was all in game legal stuff.
    Totally agree with you!!! Plus when you down a twink in a BG it feels so freaking good!
    Like honestly its so dumb to hear people say "Oh you have better gear than me, you ruin the game".
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Twinking was so fun back in day. All the people saying those that twinked are A-holes. No one forced you to play bg's.

I remember getting my face ripped off over and over in bg's and finally said what do they have that I don't. Found out my answer and fought back instead of whining about it. And it was all in game legal stuff.
    I'm 16 years old and in the 3rd grade. I go out to beat up kids at recess. They complain that it isn't fair because i'm twice their height and can take on 5 at once. Nobody is forcing them to come to the playground during recess. They can stay inside. It's perfectly legal to do this where I live. I rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I will always find it funny how people call their characters twinks, possibly not knowing what that means
    Maybe it's like when huge guys call themselves "Tiny" ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I'm 16 years old and in the 3rd grade. I go out to beat up kids at recess. They complain that it isn't fair because i'm twice their height and can take on 5 at once. Nobody is forcing them to come to the playground during recess. They can stay inside. It's perfectly legal to do this where I live. I rule!
    And as a parent i'd say either avoid those kids or learn to stand up to them.

And as a parent i'd say either avoid those kids or learn to stand up to them.
    That's exactly what I would do if my 8 year old was being pushed around by a 16 year old, tell them to stand up to them.

In all seriousness, twinking was just a niche for people to vent their inability to compete at max level.

I mentioned in another forum not long ago about how I loved messing with twinks back in the day. Back then, there were no mounts in the 20s and shaman learned ghost wolf at 20. It was funny to enter a BG at 20, go into ghost wolf form and watch 3 29s with glowing weapons chase me around the perimeter of the BG the entire time. It didn't matter if the other team was capping their flag. They saw a x0 player and were drawn to it like flies to poop. They were bound and determined to show me who was boss. What made it even more funny is that they would never catch me. It was like the carrot on a stick that never failed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you had a lot of bad memories with twinks and good ones. Which is part of an MMO. So why are you whining so much?

In all seriousness twinking was fun for a large amount of the population. Your generalization is unwarranted except only by your saltiness.

Anymore fun metaphors?

Ah, the old "you're whining" reply from a twink, regardless of what the person said. Is this 2005? My memories of twinks were great. I had fun messing with them in BGs and as long as they were twinking, they were not in my max level BGs dying repeatedly from being confused about having to PVP with more than 2 buttons.

Anyway, I'll see you in classic. I'll be the one you'll be chasing in ghost wolf form.

5+ Year Old Account
    And they had fun messing with you and others in BG's. So why tear people down and call them names because they're doing something fun in a game just like you? It added an element to the game that you still talk about.

That's fine. I'll be the one cc'ing you and ripping your face off.

What names did I call anybody?

Also, the 16 year old who legally beat up 8 year olds on the playground because he chose to stay in the 3rd grade was just having fun. Why give him any crap? He clearly was just having fun and earned his victories fair and square. He added flavorful elements to recess.

I seriously feel like Brick Stone talking to Westboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    whats even defined as a twink anymore? i mean literally everyone has full looms these days.
    BOAs are no longer BIS, after last squish they were nerfed. right now due to squish and blizzard doing what ever. greens that drop scale, they can scale 3-4 ilevels higher than dungeon blues which don't scale up and are fixed based on your level.

so you have a 39 twink xpoff
    - BOAs are like ilevel 40
    - Blues from dungeons, are like i think level 41 with slightly better stats
    - crafted greens now can trounce BOAs also
    - Greens now can be like level 44 and trounce the above in everything
    - Epics can be rather insane.

a 39 can go to like silithus area farm level 40 mobs, get epics that once only like 50+ could use ans they are scaled down to the 39 that farmed them. squish in van wow did not actually occur it was implemented for BC, WOTLK, CATA, and almost MOP where there are little differences now in those 4 expacs. it's not uncommon now to see a 49 twink with a green helm that has stats equal to a BC non socket epic helm from a raid or dungeon

BOAs are no longer a faceroll on new players who don't have them. good example of the BOA squish, BOAs on a level 1 no longer have stats after this BFA squish. whereas prior to the squish a level 1 would have stats that exceed what new WOW players around even level-13 could get in world gear.
    -

miss rated arena on low levels, was the only chance to get me on 2200

10+ Year Old Account
    Again and again, keep noticing every day twinks are needed to give you any chance vs. enemy team in BGs in case they got more than one Disc Priest.

Disc is so ridiculously OP in low level PvP, that you need twinks in order to fight them. Otherwise, team w/o Discs loses to team with Discs, period.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2018-10-20 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    In all seriousness, twinking was just a niche for people to vent their inability to compete at max level.
    I think both sides are making it a bit easy for themselves in this discussion.
    I personally started twinking after I got Gladiator (season 5). The one and only time. Not because I was bad or could not compete. Of course, I am hardly the best player in the world, and anyone can be a healer riding the most op class (dk). But I still got there. What happened for me was, season ended, more gear is now available, gear up and start all over again. I got tired of the treadmill. In any given bracket, there is an optimised set of gear you can have. There is a goal. For a completionist like me, truly finishing a character was great fun. Not having to do more raids or more BGs just so you can start doing the one thing you enjoyed. In that case arena. I wanted to have a character that I could pick up and play whenever and have fun with it. I had that. A level 69 Paladin with engineering in Wotlk, who managed to get a Judgment of Blood crit so high that the recoil one-shot himself.

I had so much fun with that character, and the alliance had all kinds of twinks, whereas at horde we only had two. And I smashed them all. That sadly died when the queues changed. I wouldn't have minded queueing up against only other twinks with me being the only twink on our side, but the problem was, we never got any games.

I faced a mage twink yesterday. Fire mage in the 70+bracket. He destroyed me in a few globals. It became a game for me to try and take me out. I had fun. Our BG team got destroyed however. I leveled to 80 in that BG and was outski.
    But not before I realised twinking was possible again, so I will try it.
    At alliance side, so I can have shorter queues.
    Why would I not compete at 120? Well because I don't enjoy BFA and from what I have seen from videos, I would not enjoy the pvp. I only have one 120, and I have barely played it all Expansion, instead levelled lowbies. So yes, I will play lower levels because I don't want to compete at the higher ones. And I will probably try to gear it the best I can.
    And you might call me a dick, but I say the same to anyone who destroyed me in half a second in full raiding gear in legion when I had (lower level because yay Blizzard) pvp gear. Max level twinks all the same.
    That's how everything is, you try to game the system and advantages.

What are currently the most popular brackets? Also, what faction has the most active players, and which one needs more people to even it out?

oh is there a reason for having twins?

max-level-pvp is pretty much balanced compared to what we had in the past, so low-level-pvp with OP gearing/scaling is the only remaining area for cheating.

I did not get pvp-twinks in vanilla and I don't get them now. It's like RAID-GANKING a poor leveling char, such a great accomplishment.

World pvp 110-119 can be interesting.

I have a 110 twink. I haven't done bgs for about a month or so as I hate queuing solo. To me BG is a group activity not a solo activity.

World pvp though I do every day, as I walk the world with WM ON. I have had a 120 fire mage blow me up, was pretty funny I didn't drop in his first hit though I have had a lot of stalemates with 120s where it makes more sense for us to both walk away as neither is going to win 1 vs 1, and of course I have killed a few. I have also killed a few 110s out in the world. Not my fault they want WMON and won't buy Bfa to get some of the higher ilvl gear.

Bfa sucks so bad, tbh twinking is where the fun is. I don't do low levels as that was only fun for me when 60 was the highest level. In Legion it was 101 twinking...which for pve was like being a God. I really miss that OPness