Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Only, it does.

No matter the whims of the players, the official way that hunters play in this game, rests upon the shoulders of the developers. There are as many ideas on what it means to play a Hunter as there are Hunter players. Some want to collect the pets, some want to be a sniper, some want to be melee and lob traps left right and center.

So, yeah... Give feedback (to the developers, in-game/on official forums) or reroll a class that better fits you, but the way Hunter plays in WoW right now, is fact. I don't like it, I miss the way it played in earlier iterations, but I could always reroll if it bugged me enough to keep me from enjoying the game.

dont worry yourself dude over your grammar,i and probs most people got the point you were making,all who reply regarding his grammar will be reported,your not clever to point his obvious spelling,as he said hes well aware.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with what OP is trying to say. I don't play as a hunter main but I have had a hunter alt since vanilla.

One of the things about hunters I liked and it's biggest appeal that made me play them was what they were then. When I looked at my old Bradygames strategy guide, (remember them?) there was this big in depth thing about what a hunter is. And I was like 'holy shit there's a lot of responsibility to being a hunter, needing ammo, looking after your pets'. It felt like you really had to have everything before you go out there, you had your bow for ranged and you had your melee weapon(s) for close range, you had your traps and then your pet. You were armed to the teeth like a predator stalking it's prey.

Now days you are not a hunter you are an archer with a pet. Its really not that fun despite how much I like the idea of what Survival is now, hunters feel like another class. Like maybe an Archer class or a Ranger. They don;'t feel like hunters.

I miss the dead zone, I miss having to also have melee weapons combined with ranged, I also miss my god damn quiver. And why is my hunter firing invisible arrows now?

There was so much more to hunters back then, and it seems every expansion they are taking more and more away from them. Even my pet feels like a warlock pet now days. Whats the difference anymore. There's nothing unique about hunter pets, its all cosmetic. There's no real value in whatever pet you choose.

So this is why I am excited for WoW Classic. After playing the demo I got a sneak peak of remembering why I liked hunters. Hunters feel so gutted now, right up there with Shamans as the most altered classes in WoW.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-14 at 01:10 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I agree with what OP is trying to say. I don't play as a hunter main but I have had a hunter alt since vanilla.

One of the things about hunters I liked and it's biggest appeal that made me play them was what they were then. When I looked at my old Bradygames strategy guide, (remember them?) there was this big in depth thing about what a hunter is. And I was like 'holy shit there's a lot of responsibility to being a hunter, needing ammo, looking after your pets'. It felt like you really had to have everything before you go out there, you had your bow for ranged and you had your melee weapon(s) for close range, you had your traps and then your pet. You were armed to the teeth like a predator stalking it's prey.

Now days you are not a hunter you are an archer with a pet. Its really not that fun despite how much I like the idea of what Survival is now, hunters feel like another class. Like maybe an Archer class or a Ranger. They don;'t feel like hunters.

I miss the dead zone, I miss having to also have melee weapons combined with ranged, I also miss my god damn quiver. And why is my hunter firing invisible arrows now?

There was so much more to hunters back then, and it seems every expansion they are taking more and more away from them. Even my pet feels like a warlock pet now days. Whats the difference anymore. There's nothing unique about hunter pets, its all cosmetic. There's no real value in whatever pet you choose.

So this is why I am excited for WoW Classic. After playing the demo I got a sneak peak of remembering why I liked hunters. Hunters feel so gutted now, right up there with Shamans as the most altered classes in WoW.
    Lmao imagine liking Hunters for all the garbage pointless mechanics they removed.

It's a great thing that ammo is gone. Literally added nothing substantial other than a penalty no one else had to deal with. Same goes for the deadzone. Ranged weapons were the most unique and interesting part of the class; why should we muddy that focus with any generic melee shit at all?

Plus, you're dead wrong about pets. Hunter pets still have more depth than others. We choose and name the pets, they have families with unique abilities and specs with powerful bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Lmao imagine liking Hunters for all the garbage pointless mechanics they removed.

It's a great thing that ammo is gone. Literally added nothing substantial other than a penalty no one else had to deal with. Same goes for the deadzone. Ranged weapons were the most unique and interesting part of the class; why should we muddy that focus with any generic melee shit at all?

Plus, you're dead wrong about pets. Hunter pets still have more depth than others. We choose and name the pets, they have families with unique abilities and specs with powerful bonuses.
    You know what, I can probably be swayed on the ammo thing, I agree it did feel like bit of a burden at times. And I will probably agree with you there, even though I liked the idea of getting unique ammo.

Dead zone, while I understand why they removed it, I liked the idea of having to switch it up for melee when enemies got to close. I mean who uses a bow at point blank range? It's silly. I liked that sense of importance for hunters to fight to keep themselves at a distance. I was hoping with over time that Blizzard would have improved the melee for hunters, they did have some utility that helped with getting out of melee.

Pets I totally disagree with you on. Hunters pets now have some depth left, yes I can say that, but compared to how much depth they had hunters pets now feel like about as useful as battle pet. PEts have been scaled down so badly, when you have to mention thgat one of their 'depths' is....

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    We choose and name the pets, they have families with unique abilities
    Really? As if we couldnt do that before? Hutners pets had that and so much more back in the day.

When I think of my peak interest in hunters I think TBC - WotLK. Becasue they had the most OP aspect of all aspects. And that was the Aspect of Fun! (Sorry couldn't resist) They literally threw everything at hunters around that time. Even the point when even hunter pets had talents. Obviously their still wasnt much in terms of melee but for myself Hunters felt like a joy to play.

Now days, they feel like they lack identity, Are they an Archer, or a Spearman. Because thats what they are, theya re not hunters. They are archers and spearmen with a non combat battle pet who fights.

If I can be positive about current hunters, I mean, I like how faster paced hunters are now, I like the ability to move and fire, thats awesome. Also Survival hunters are a lot of fun. Also like the fact hunter pets level with you now. Hunters being more action based is kind of cool. But still I cannot choose current hunters over the hunters I used to like before they were gutted.

It's just my opinion though, I totally respect yours
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-15 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Now days, they feel like they lack identity, Are they an Archer, or a Spearman. Because thats what they are, theya re not hunters. They are archers and spearmen with a non combat battle pet who fights.

If I can be positive about current hunters, I mean, I like how faster paced hunters are now, I like the ability to move and fire, thats awesome. Also Survival hunters are a lot of fun. Also like the fact hunter pets level with you now. Hunters being more action based is kind of cool. But still I cannot choose current hunters over the hunters I used to like before they were gutted.

It's just my opinion though, I totally respect yours
    Because the current meta says: you either go bow (ranged) with BM or spear (melee) with Surv. MM is dead as it is.

However should they make it the superior spec next patch and should we end up playing with Lone Wolf active, than we can have the next discussion on the identity crisis of the hunter, because it doesn't feel like hunter anymore without a pet at your side?

I respect your opinion, but personally I see this whole "hunter identity" discussion a cheap excuse to justify why you like or don't something about a class/spec.

OP proves my point when writing things like:
    beast master and survival should really swap ranged and meele becus beast master does not really feel like you are a beast master you probly want to be like rexxar as beast master but for some reason we use ranged still since vanilla... but as the ability just feels wrong all you do now is shoot at enemy then shout on your pet to make it hit harder thats it...
    They should swap because??? To me a "because I feel like" is not a reasoning, it's nothing to be honest. He wants to make BM more like a brawling class, because that would suit his taste better.

Or we can point on a general class descripition manual written 14 years ago.
    Last edited by Regalosh; 2018-11-15 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regatorn View Post
    They should swap because??? To me a "because I feel like" is not a reasoning, it's nothing to be honest. He wants to makes BM more like a brawling class, because that would suit his taste better.
    I don't know man, I think behind the bad grammar he has a point beyond just ''because I feel like''

What is more Beastmaster-esque? To fight side by side with your loyal companion strengthened by the special bond you share

Or to shoot some arrows from afar whilst yelling at your pet to do X, Y and Z like some medieval Pokemon trainer?

The most well known de-facto Beastmaster in WoW, Rexxar fights 1. In melee, and 2. With a pair of war axes.

I don't think it's outlandish, ureasonable, or illogical to make a claim like that, I don't think it's a case of ''I want it differently because I do''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regatorn View Post
    Because the current meta says: you either go bow (ranged) with BM or spear (melee) with Surv. MM is dead as it is.

However should they make it the superior spec next patch and should we end up playing with Lone Wolf active, than we can have the next discussion on the identity crisis of the hunter, because it doesn't feel like hunter anymore without a pet at your side?

I respect your opinion, but personally I see this whole "hunter identity" discussion a cheap excuse to justify why you like or don't something about a class/spec.
    Oh it totally is, I ain't gonna deny it lol. I most certainly am not saying my opinion is right, its just my opinion, and you are right to think I am wrong. Because thats what opinions are about :P

Maybe its rose tinted goggles too. I am not saying I hate hunters still, I still enjoy playing them now. (especially survival) I just feel like I been wandering around naked for some time is all.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-15 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I don't know man, I think behind the bad grammar he has a point beyond just ''because I feel like''

What is more Beastmaster-esque? To fight side by side with your loyal companion strengthened by the special bond you share

Or to shoot some arrows from afar whilst yelling at your pet to do X, Y and Z like some medieval Pokemon trainer?

The most well known de-facto Beastmaster in WoW, Rexxar fights 1. In melee, and 2. With a pair of war axes.

I don't think it's outlandish, ureasonable, or illogical to make a claim like that, I don't think it's a case of ''I want it differently because I do''
    Even if melee spec was more proper for BM just because of class fantasy, it is very unlikely that Blizzard will ever consider swapping the two specs (BM - Surv), since Surv has just been turned into melee spec. Yeah I get that Legion wasn't released yesterday, still the lifespan of melee surv wasn't that long yet, not to mention that Blizzard seemingly still trying to figure out what to do with the spec since it has become melee-based.

Than there is also how it wasn't a welcomed decision at the start, for countless of reasons, but mainly because of being turned into melee. I don't think most would cheer at this idea again, just because this time the melee spec is labelled as "Beastmaster" instead of "Survival".

Personally: since I don't mind melee survival, I wouldn't mind melee BM too, but only if we get back ranged survival with better focus on traps and venoms. As long as they manage to maintain a fair balance across all three specs, fine, I really can't care how the actual melee spec of the hunter is called.

Sadly, that "fair balance" between the specs what we are missing right now, much more, than a "more suitable" class fantasy.

And last but not least, reasonably looking at this whole swap, what are the real chances ever happening?

Would Blizzard be willing to suddenly revert Survival back into ranged, retconning the whole Legion expansion about survival (artifact, which is still there), relabeling Rexxar again (he is labeled now officially as Survival hunter btw) and also make BM melee suddenly? They already had to deal with this shitstorm once not so long ago. Imagine the outrage and insult throw at them by this lovely community, should they repeat this manouver again.

They are already in damage control mode for survival. Despite of being fun to play to those, who doesn't fundamentally reject the idea of a melee-hunter, survival as a spec is far from being perfect as of right now.
    Last edited by Regalosh; 2018-11-15 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If you're looking to improve your grammar, maybe end a sentence once in a while. Seriously, your entire first paragraph shouldn't be one long run-on sentence. That makes it extremely hard to read.
    States his grammar isn't the best. Anyone reading that brick he wrote would agree.
    Still gets comments about his grammar.
    lol forums.

I think more than anything Survival really fits the Hunter lore right now.

Beast Mastery doesn't feel too far off, but I wish the attacks were more about summoning pets to strike. Barbed Shot felt great and how it interacts with the pet, but essentially I think more summoning of your stable pets into combat using abilities/talents that buffed them or softened up your target for them. The better you perform your rotation the stronger your beasts assaults become, etc.etc. I don't think you need to fight up close and personal, but I do think Beast Mastery lacks the feeling of being a Master of Beasts/having a strong bond with your companions.

Marksmanship.... I'm unsure. Sniper gameplay would feel correct, but to me that means being still and lining up powerful shots. Maybe only having a couple quick movement abilities(imagine a strafing roll & shot), but inherently it does sound more boring than fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main issue is the missing connection to my pet. Back in the days you had to care for it. The higher your bond the less you had to feed. You had to teach it the abilities you liked, there even was buff food for your pet later on. I miss stuff like that. I don't even care to give new pets a name these days, because it's just a random meatshield. And I would also like to craft my own ammunition again !

However the class identity issue does not concern hunter only and starting this discussion would just seperate the players between Vanilla-lovers and Retail-lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    My main issue is the missing connection to my pet. Back in the days you had to care for it. The higher your bond the less you had to feed. You had to teach it the abilities you liked, there even was buff food for your pet later on. I miss stuff like that. I don't even care to give new pets a name these days, because it's just a random meatshield. And I would also like to craft my own ammunition again !

However the class identity issue does not concern hunter only and starting this discussion would just seperate the players between Vanilla-lovers and Retail-lovers.
    Sadly, now most people consider such immersion to be "inconvenient" and therefore it must be bad design. The same people then whine about lack of content when they blow through everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

MM doesnt feel like a hunter spec anymore. hunters were always nature and pet based. it also doesnt make sense to be petless and a sniper. a slow sniper spec needs a pet to hold targets away. a petless MM should play like old survival and be amazing at kiting and control but it's not.

tbh they should just delete MM and replace it with cata-mop survival and it would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    amazing at kiting and control but it's not.
    They refuse to do that because they have hangups about us in pvp. We haven't been kiting and control king since Wrath, when that was EXACTLY what we were originally designed to do. That was the start of the pvp arms race and obsession with "balance" in place of actual depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    NO excuses on capitalizing letters (like -I-) or using periods.

OP is not "at the limit" of your grammar. If you can press a space bar you can press a period and capitalize letters. That's all you're being asked to do to really make a huge difference here. Just takes practice.

In fact, you are using periods and capitalizing letters already. Just very inconsistently - but it is POSSIBLE for you to do it. So do so.

Right now its very difficult to understand and read coherently.

If you can't be bothered to do that, then many responders won't bother to try and read it. *shrugs*

Good luck with the internet. You'll need it. Because yea, if you don't do a few simple things - then half the posts will always be about not being able to understand your walls of text.
    You're a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    Beast Mastery doesn't feel too far off, but I wish the attacks were more about summoning pets to strike.
    Funny, because I feel the exact opposite. As much as I enjoyed the Dire Beast Cannon build in legion, I feel like BM is RP wise at it's strongest when it's just you and 1 or possibly 2 pets.
    Rather than throwing a lot of beasts at it like you're some animal trainer in a circus; I feel like the spec has more feeling to it when it's you and your most trusted companion. Throwing a lot of wild animals (or even stabled pets) at your opponents make me feel too much like a warlock or necromancer that just quasi discards it's minions.

I guess there are multiple ways to look at it though, to each their own I'd say.
    It's also why I'm glad that things like Dire Beasts and Animal Companion are options through talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post

Good luck with the internet. You'll need it.
    With an attitude like yours I'll have to wish you good luck in life. Can't be a fun person to be around at all. I'm guessing that's why you take out your frustration on random people on the internet...

10+ Year Old Account
    The name "marksmanship" does imply a sniper. But a sniper doesn't fit into this game--no activity in WoW supports tracking and setting up a shot over the course of a long period of time. I'd prefer they renamed Marksmanship to something like Dark Ranger and made it more of a petless shadow-themed ranged weapon spec. That would support actually moving and firing shots that aren't slow and heavy and still provides the petless spec they seem to want.

They seemed to be partially on that path last expansion with some of the undead-themed stuff...an ability that created an undead to tank for you, there was originally an artifact trait as I recall that created undead archers or something.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

MoP survival hunter, oh how we miss you