Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    Feminists don't want equality, they want equity.

    Equality is treating everyone the same, regardless of what they are (which is a very dumb notion).
    Equity is treating each individual based on what/who they are (which is the smart way to do things).

    If you have a frog and a snail, you don't test them both by measuring how high they can jump.

    Thats actually a very astute observation and awareness. Unfortunately, thats not what feminists want. They want total equality, regardless of skill or ability.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Depends on the relationship with the woman maybe? If you just picked her up at a nightclub to impregnate her to then force her to have your baby
    that would be more than weird.

    On the other hand, if you have an actual relationship those questions should usually answer themselves within the relationship because in a normal
    world a couple decides wether THEY want to have children or not.

    The OP suggests it's more about a hit and run fuck tbh.
    Obviously the discussion depends on the relationship status, but when a woman picks a man up in a nightclub to impregnate her then force him to support her baby for life is not equally weird?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Mostly because it would just hurt the child, it's called child support- not "woman I slept with-support".
    but it is that? women can choose how to spend that money.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if she chose not to abort, she brought it on herself and should have to deal with that herself.
    For some women the bond forms very early. Even if intellectually they are aware the child is nothing but a bundle of cells their body is physically changing and emotionally it is their child. Killing it at that point is no more an option than killing it after birth.

    Pregnancy is a possible consequence of sex, anyone who doesn't want to deal with the consequences - either a child or an abortion (which contrary to some opinions isn't as quick and easy as signing a piece of paper) - should abstain from sex.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So, punish the child?
    it's not punishing anyone. if anyone brought "punishment" on someone, it's the mother choosing not to abort when the father wanted to.

    it's her own fault, she should have to deal with it.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Thats actually a very astute observation and awareness. Unfortunately, thats not what feminists want. They want total equality, regardless of skill or ability.
    Rofl, as if YOU knew what feminists want... or women in general. Or as if you even cared. At all.

    I'm laughing my ass off.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not punishing anyone. if anyone brought "punishment" on someone, it's the mother choosing not to abort when the father wanted to.
    it's her own fault, she should have to deal with it.
    Have you ever had an abortion done? Serious question.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Don't have unprotected sex if you don't want to be a father. Period.
    Don't have unprotected sex if you don't want to be a mother then? Surely we're not some pro-life nutters?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    For some women the bond forms very early. Even if intellectually they are aware the child is nothing but a bundle of cells their body is physically changing and emotionally it is their child. Killing it at that point is no more an option than killing it after birth.

    Pregnancy is a possible consequence of sex, anyone who doesn't want to deal with the consequences - either a child or an abortion (which contrary to some opinions isn't as quick and easy as signing a piece of paper) - should abstain from sex.
    i am not a fan of abortion myself, even though i'm pro-choice. i'd never have one.

    if i ever got pregnant and the guy didn't want anything to do with it, i'd respect that because i understand that my personal views are going to bring this child into the world. that it's my fault this is happening.

    everyone else should understand the concept of personal responsibility as well.

  9. #49
    If the mother ends up on welfare that means we all pay for it.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Have you ever had an abortion done? Serious question.
    no and i never would.

    i accept the consequences that personal belief could bring on me. because i was taught personal responsibility as a child.

  11. #51
    Old God endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    10,527
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    If you don't want to pay for a child, don't stick it in without a condom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Don't have unprotected sex if you don't want to be a father. Period.
    Found the feminazis.

    It's perfectly OK for the woman to say whether or not she wants to keep the kid, but the man has absolutely no say-so. Equality my ass. It takes both parties to make a baby, unless my birds and bees talk was wrong, so both should have an equal say in the matter. If the woman wants to keep it against the man's wishes, then the man shouldn't have to pay child support. They also should have no visiting rights or any ties to the child at all.

    Both parties go into the 'act' knowing full well what they're doing. People always blame the man, like it's his fault, because currently they can't say shit if she gets pregnant. What a fucked up society we live in. Women always bitching about not getting treated like men, or men have more rights, better pay, etc, well women have all the power in the areas where it actually matters, and yet they still attempt to demasculinize men and treat us like shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How is making it more difficult to financially support the child not punishing the child? She didn't get pregnant on her own. Having an abortion is the woman taking responsibility. If she chooses not to, then her AND the father financially supporting the child is the responsible thing to do. A man just assuming any woman he gets pregnant is going to have an abortion is irresponsible.
    accidents happen.

    if an accident happens, and the father wants nothing to do with it but she does, that's not his fault.

  13. #53
    Old God endersblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    10,527
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no and i never would.

    i accept the consequences that personal belief could bring on me. because i was taught personal responsibility as a child.
    There is nothing responsible about having a child that you can't afford to take care of. The opposite, in fact. What you're referring to is hardheadedness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by malSheep View Post
    Seems like some of you are forgetting that the men, whom in theory caused the problem, does not get any life-long repercussions.
    Last time I checked, to have sex that results in a pregnancy, you need two people.

    That means: Both caused the Problem.

    Apart from that, the only issue i would see, is that (While unlikely) cant decide to have the Child if the women wants an Abortion.
    The same thing you say about "Well, guys shouldn´t have Unprotected sex if they dont want a child" works both ways.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Rofl, as if YOU knew what feminists want... or women in general. Or as if you even cared. At all.

    I'm laughing my ass off.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Have you ever had an abortion done? Serious question.
    Dont take my word for it.. dont take any one persons word for anything really... listen to them, hear what they say, you'll realize the truth in what im saying on your own. Try a basic test... ask them if a 250lb muscle bound ex-NFL player who can do 2x the work should be paid twice the amount as a 120lb woman new into the workforce...see what they say... I"ll wait here for your apology.

  16. #56
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    If a woman can choose (not) to abort without father's consent, why can't father choose not to pay child support if he wants her to do an abortion but she refuses? Either that or he should be able to stop the abortion but take full responsibility for the child once it's born.

    Wouldn't that make the playing field equal?
    No. They're two completely different and entirely unrelated things.

    Abortion rights are about the right to end a pregnancy that's going on inside your own body. That's it. Abortions have nothing to do with parental obligations to children. If the abortion doesn't take and you carry to term and give birth, that you had an abortion doesn't change anything. If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened), he'd have the right to abort too; it's about an individual's control over their own body.

    Parental obligations don't exist until birth, and at birth, both parents have equal obligations; there's no discrepancy to correct for.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Because we live in a patriarchy that, for some reason, benefits the women.
    Or don't get a women pregnant and use that thing the right talks about called personal responsibility.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  18. #58
    Bloodsail Admiral Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Then you should campaign for men to have the right to abort unborn babies they are carrying.
    Seeing as men can't get pregnant that would be a waste of time. How about before the thing is born men can choose to sever connection with it. They would no longer have to pay child support but they would have no rights over then thing. sounds fair to me.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    If you're not financially capable of properly caring for the child but don't have an abortion, that's being irresponsible. If the child suffers because of this, that's your fault and the man's fault. If you let him out of his responsibility then it's just your fault.
    it's not his responsibility, just like it's not the mother's if she chooses to have an abortion. it's exactly the same.

    i would put the child up for adoption, because i'm just personally against abortion, even if i don't actually want the child.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It didn't happen without him, so yes, it's his responsibility as well. If he didn't want anything to do with it, he shouldn't have taken that risk.
    you're making the exact same argument that conservatives make about abortion. literally the exact same. you're both fucking wrong as hell.

    it's an affront to personal responsibility.

  20. #60
    Anung un Rama Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    58,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Seeing as men can't get pregnant that would be a waste of time. How about before the thing is born men can choose to sever connection with it. They would no longer have to pay child support but they would have no rights over then thing. sounds fair to me.
    They can already do that. It's called "adoption". Either both parents have to agree, or the parent who wants custody has a new partner who's wanting to adopt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •