Holy needs a pvp buff

Im not talking of arena, but strictly of bgs/ wpvp etc. Im aware that holy will never be usable in arena.

the healing is abysmal. I mean radiance outheals a holy. healing someone in a bg feels like hitting with wet noodle. that's why I call to return the holy back to legion levels.

Deleted
    Lol, holy was decent in legion in arena, just required skill to play. It was never top tier but did okay in arena cups, watch the guy I forgot his name who played holy at 3k+ mmr. With a small tweak it would have been as good as rsham/rdru. I think we relied more than most on our pvp talents so were affected badly by the prune, would like to see 4 options for every spec. It would be good if we got some heal not affected by dampening, eg guardian spirit was not affected by dampening, would only make it as strong as something like barkskin and opponents would have to play around it.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I think we should have a revamp. They are always doing it with more popular specs and they do a Q&A about how the spec can be improved. I think just because disc exists we are too often overlooked. I don't think disc should be nerfed but holy deserves to be viable.

Deleted
    Why couldn't be holy usable in arena? It was top tier in MoP.
    It just needs a couple of abilities added back.

Yeah, Holy had a really good talent on each pvp talent row so new system only allowing 3 was an indirect nerf. Inner Focus or Greater Fade should go baseline?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    Yeah, Holy had a really good talent on each pvp talent row so new system only allowing 3 was an indirect nerf. Inner Focus or Greater Fade should go baseline?
    Whatever they add as baseline needs to not make them OP in PvE so that wouldn't work.

I really enjoyed Holy PvP during Legion. I've picked up Disc for BfA, but I would love to see them buff Holy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Himhim View Post
    Whatever they add as baseline needs to not make them OP in PvE so that wouldn't work.

How would that make Holy OP in PvE? Even if BOTH would be Baseline - i could for example get not kicked one time at G´huun and Holy would finally have a nice Dmgreduce, since we are the healer that dies easiest.

Holy is the absolute bottomfeeder in Arena, in almost no scenario viable. Mythic+ also - 13k flashheal with ilvl 371, gg Blizz. We are GOOD in Uldir but far away from OP, just look at the parses on warcraftlogs.

And what do we get? Trail of Light and Binding Heal Nerf, what kills Holy even more in PvP and M+. Sometimes i ask myself how Blizz Devs make such decissions - roling a dice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaican View Post
    How would that make Holy OP in PvE? Even if BOTH would be Baseline - i could for example get not kicked one time at G´huun and Holy would finally have a nice Dmgreduce, since we are the healer that dies easiest.

Holy is the absolute bottomfeeder in Arena, in almost no scenario viable. Mythic+ also - 13k flashheal with ilvl 371, gg Blizz. We are GOOD in Uldir but far away from OP, just look at the parses on warcraftlogs.

And what do we get? Trail of Light and Binding Heal Nerf, what kills Holy even more in PvP and M+. Sometimes i ask myself how Blizz Devs make such decissions - roling a dice?
    We are good in raids. You are forgetting inner focus is not just kick protection it's guaranteed crit to the next single target heal. So a guaranteed crit pretty much every holy word serenity, or maybe every 2 in 3, would increase our throughput a lot. Greater fade for example would let us completely ignore crucial mechanics. for example dodge omega vector application on Vectis. Instant PoM is obviously a big PvE buff as is ray of hope.

However I agree the shift away from flash heal will really hurt us in m+ and PvP. I don't think m+ will be too much worse, just need to pre plan movement more and play better, which is a fun challenge. However in PvP that is quite a nerf when we are absolute trash already. They have also nerfed greater fade btw so that it cancels on any offensive ability lol. It's like they have decided holy is not allowed in arena.
    Last edited by mmocb3c0a9179c; 2018-10-25 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, like i said, we are good in raids, but not op, still Savation get´s a nerf too.
    As far as i´m concerned, they could remove the guaranteed crit from Inner Focus, so it´s just nice to have in PvE but crucial in PvP. For PvE would Greater Fade not be a concern, cause it´s just something that holy is missing imo (probably should have a higher CD in PvE). We have too less survivability.
    Too make Holy viable in PvP they have to do something about his toolkit, buffing healoutput (that is getting nerfed for some reason no one knows) will do nothing.

Like you said, it´s almost like they have decided Holy is not allowed in arena ^^. I expected nothing for 8.1, cause that´s always what happens with holy. No hotfix, nothing, except something is whined about cause its op, then holy get´s nerfed in max. 2 ID´s . But nerfs at the current state? Screw you Blizzard...
    Last edited by mmoc8b6a634c30; 2018-10-25 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    I think devs read around about holy and pvp. Pvp buff needed? Inner Focus is removed. I wonder who's in ptr playing holy against other players. Who's testing Holy Word: Concentration, for example. I bet the answer is nobody!

The other day someone on youtube made an account to talk in a video about holy AND arena. The video was interesting. Devs might have watched that too! Well, before the latest changes, that someone, who plays inner focus, ward and worker, came up with some additional footage but he also revealed his irl data. Just another newbie with lots of free time, he showed that he's actually arrested at home and lost everything to government.
    He made the second video because someone actually subscribed and probably asked for more. But in my opinion he rushed to and killed most of it.

Greater Heal (New) An exceptional spell that heals an ally for 65% of their maximum health. PvP Talent. 3% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 3 sec cast.
    at least they'll now counter greater pyro

The new HPriest PvP talents seem fun tbh. Might play Holy instead of Disc if it turns out good.

8 second aoe silence immunity? well count me in. and that greater heal looks tasty too

Holy was great in Legion - especially against groups who didnt realise they were causing PoM to fly back and forth like crazy. I dont enjoy it as much in BfA but im not enjoying BfA in general so thats likely why

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exsaven View Post
    The new HPriest PvP talents seem fun tbh. Might play Holy instead of Disc if it turns out good.
    Not if they don't give us an extra talent slot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    8 second aoe silence immunity? well count me in. and that greater heal looks tasty too
    Feels like it will be good against mongo damage. Sometimes even if you fake kicks and avoid all cc your teammate dies anyway (I play 2v2). Now at least your allies won't die while you freecast heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    I could see holy being played in caster cleaves with these changes, like mage boomkin or mage lock.

It is the priest holy so OP?

I mean, Blizz will nerf:

- the proc of mending of apply renew drops from 30% to 25%
    - Salvation healing drop
    - Binding heal amount drops by a lot. The mana cost increase.
    - The talent of the flash that heals a 40% to previous target drops to 30% (and flash heal crap heal amount and mana cost keep the same)

But they buff Heal (omg blizz....we cant use heal at 99% of time) and a bit renew (crap too)

Was the priest holy so OP on pvp? (and I gues M+ and raid, since the huge nefs also affect that) or Blizz just is random on the nerfs?

How to buff holy? Make Gfade baseline, 2 shot purify and 45 second leap.

Stop 8.1 holy con change

Balance Hpriest for RBG instead of 2's or 3's, priest already has good arena heal spec.