Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

BFA now at 1.7 million subscriptions

https://www.thenerdmag.com/rumor-bli...e-for-azeroth/

First off, we must emphasize that this is not an official news. This was rumored when a new API for develope.battle.net was launched. Allegedly the new API was leaking player subscription end dates among other info. It was then reported that at the start of Battle for Azeroth, the sub count was somewhere near 3.2 million. Right now the sub count is 1.7 million which is 1.5 million less than the initial count. It is further alleged that 25% of the current 1.7 million are secondary purchases which is 425,000.

Source is Weak Aura's twitter account.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Already debunked, and already a topic about this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    wow im unsubbing

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    https://www.thenerdmag.com/rumor-bli...e-for-azeroth/ First off, we must emphasize that this is not an official news. This was rumored when a new API for develope.battle.net was launched. Allegedly the new API was leaking player subscription end dates among other info. It was then reported that at the start of Battle for Azeroth, the sub count was somewhere near 3.2 million. Right now the sub count is 1.7 million which is 1.5 million less than the initial count. It is further alleged that 25% of the current 1.7 million are secondary purchases which is 425,000. Source is Weak Aura's twitter account.
    Go here; https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...for-the-better

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ah well then ignore and lock thread!
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Mind throwing me the blizz conformation. If they are gonna say it's wrong then what are the subs and if they are so good, why aren't they telling?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Mind throwing me the blizz conformation. If they are gonna say it's wrong then what are the subs and if they are so good, why aren't they telling?
    Because if they would start answering to every mindless no name no source rumor they would be doing nothing else.

This thread needs to be closed. We don't know for sure if WA is correct or not. Till blizz says something, people need to stop making threads about this shit. WE get it. BFA isn't great. We get it. People are unsubbing. We get it all. Stop making threads about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.thenerdmag.com/rumor-bli...e-for-azeroth/

First off, we must emphasize that this is not an official news. This was rumored when a new API for develope.battle.net was launched. Allegedly the new API was leaking player subscription end dates among other info. It was then reported that at the start of Battle for Azeroth, the sub count was somewhere near 3.2 million. Right now the sub count is 1.7 million which is 1.5 million less than the initial count. It is further alleged that 25% of the current 1.7 million are secondary purchases which is 425,000.

Source is Weak Aura's twitter account.
    If you post this, would you mind posting the read of WeakAura's twitter posts?

You know, the post about no proof, no source, no post, no confirmation, no nothing?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah well then ignore and lock thread!
    Ah, you noticed. Ignore the previous bit then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, Blizz did say officially: n an announcement after the release of Battle of Azeroth, Blizzard claimed that it was the fastest-selling World of Warcraft expansion of all-time, with over 3.4 million units sold on the first day.

THIS WAS NOT DEBUNKED.

i want to make clear, this WAS NOT PROVEN FALSE. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHETHER IT IS TRUE OR NOT.

SOMEONE POSTED DATA SHOWING THIS COULD BE POSSIBLE. ALL BLIZZARD POSTED IN RESPONSE WAS THAT IT WASN'T TRUE, THAT IS NOT PROOF THAT IT'S FALSE.

if they show sub numbers and prove it wrong, THAT is proof that it's wrong.

i only used caps so it's more visible.

10+ Year Old Account
    So wait..

You make a thread saying "THIS" and then preface the thread by saying "Not official" and the the actual thing is "Rumor made by a guy who already apologized for the mistake"

Maybe change thread name?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

This has about as much credibility as Trump-Russia collusion

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't we have to prove that an allegation is false, instead of true?
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Blizzard says it's false. I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    THIS WAS NOT DEBUNKED.

i want to make clear, this WAS NOT PROVEN FALSE. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHETHER IT IS TRUE OR NOT.

SOMEONE POSTED DATA SHOWING THIS COULD BE POSSIBLE. ALL BLIZZARD POSTED IN RESPONSE WAS THAT IT WASN'T TRUE, THAT IS NOT PROOF THAT IT'S FALSE.

if they show sub numbers and prove it wrong, THAT is proof that it's wrong.

i only used caps so it's more visible.
    So if the creator of recount says sub numbers are 20 million. And his source vanished . Will we believe him to until proven other wise ?

*shrugs*
    Blizz has no problems reporting sub numbers from Overwatch.
    But remarkably silent about the numbers for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So wait..

You make a thread saying "THIS" and then preface the thread by saying "Not official" and the the actual thing is "Rumor made by a guy who already apologized for the mistake"

Maybe change thread name?
    the guy that apologized isn't the one that "leaked" the potentially true data. he was just reporting on the data.

he was told it was false by blizzard, with ZERO PROOF SHOWN.

this has no been debunked, because the people with the power to immediately debunk it WILL NOT DO IT. they have all the power in the world to show this is fake, but they won't.

ask yourself why they won't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    So if the creator of recount says sub numbers are 20 million. And his source vanished . Will we believe him to until proven other wise ?
    if his source was seen by other people, yeah.

this dude's source was seen by other people. then it vanished off the face of the earth and has been tamped down everywhere it's spoken about again, and the people with the power to prove it wrong won't put out the numbers to prove it wrong.

there's more evidence that it's true than false currently. i'm willing to believe blizzard, they're the ones with the numbers for a 100% fact, let them show it's false.

the guy that apologized isn't the one that "leaked" the potentially true data. he was just reporting on the data.

this has no been debunked, because the people with the power to immediately debunk it WILL NOT DO IT. they have all the power in the world to show this is fake, but they won't.

- - - Updated - - -

if his source was seen by other people, yeah.

this dude's source was seen by other people. then it vanished off the face of the earth and has been tamped down everywhere it's spoken about again, and the people with the power to prove it wrong won't put out the numbers to prove it wrong.

there's more evidence that it's true than false currently. i'm willing to believe blizzard, they're the ones with the numbers for a 100% fact, let them show it's false.
    There never was a true source. Their "source" was a post from a different forum that had literally no evidence to back it up and suggested such absurdities that over 50 percent of the playerbase was using weakauras, which is nowhere even remotely true.

Edit: Instead of continuing to spew this garbage actually go to the thread and READ what was going on before you embarrass yourself further.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    They have no reason to. Just like I have no reason to prove that I have twenty million dollars in my bank account. They have no reason to have to 'prove' anything, because people will just speculate whatever they want anyway.

What we do know is

1) It was only partial data
    2) The source has confirmed it's false
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab