Poll: Which one is the worst expansion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why everyone keep compare BFA with WoD? Did everyone forget MoP at launch ? It was even worse than now
    I'm not saying BFA is good - it is bad - but why assume it will go WoD instead of MoP way ?
    MOP was a solid expansion. Biggest problem is people hated Panda's and then released monk with Panda's. Monk to this day is still the least played class...well that might be shaman now LOL. Mist had great raids and plenty of stuff to do. People did however complains there was too many daily quest to do. Throne of thunder and timeless isle were also amazing patches. And HELL I loved the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    You may be right honestly. BUT the biggest issue is we just had legion. It's another 2 years of the same thing but worse. WOD regardless of what you think was fresh in the beginning and new. BFA is literally a worse Legion. You can't release a similar expansion and make it worse. I honestly think this is the biggest problem and why it feels worse than WOD.

My 2 cents
    Yeah I don't disagree with you analysis of player psychology. I just think that people shouldn't hate it just because it's more of what was good (even with added hiccups)

It also helps that I actually enjoy island expeditions. Though I think war fronts are way too trivial right now and should include a more challenging mode because the amount of time we have to kill in it makes it boring.

BfA is the first expansion in which I was so bored while questing that I did not even hit the max level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    Yeah I don't disagree with you analysis of player psychology. I just think that people shouldn't hate it just because it's more of what was good (even with added hiccups)

It also helps that I actually enjoy island expeditions. Though I think war fronts are way too trivial right now and should include a more challenging mode because the amount of time we have to kill in it makes it boring.
    Honestly that is more than enough reason to hate it. Paying money to get a worse product of what you just played for 2 years will make any customer upset. ALSO I think the biggest issue at the moment in WOW is that everything feels so vapid and worthless. Your best rewards are mounts when we all mostly have over 300. High ilevels dont matter and become worthless next patch. The game needs a timeless feature that grows with the player from expansion to expansion and can always be worked on or improved. What I mean is a form of player housing of the sorts. Give everything more meaning in the long term instead of these short term gambling rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarraela View Post

I just wish the expansion felt more like things we had to do mattered. Why are warfronts timed? Why aren't they like mage tower where you have to band together to win. Those quests that cost SO MUCH to turn everything in should ACTUALLY be doing something for us.

Every week is a list of chores I need to do to advance myself outside of raiding. If it's not Mythic+, it's not fun and even THAT is hard to enjoy this expansion. Infested is a joke and fortified/tyrannical sub +10 is just cruel.

It's like Blizzard listened to the feedback of people wanting more content and not minding the old school grinds of attunements and resist gear but then just put in a bunch or arbitrary crap, slapped some AP on it and called it an early day.
    I have no idea why they seemed to stop halfway on all the new content. More landmass variation for island expeditions. More events (I get through an entire expedition without an event frequently) and less worthless adds on the roads would fix all of my problems with it.

War fronts I feel like should be PvP where the other side loses but gets loot for lasting a certain amount of time.

well, back in WoD my rogues action bars were still fully populated if I recall correctly. Nowadays they have a lot of empty slots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekeel View Post
    BfA is the first expansion in which I was so bored while questing that I did not even hit the max level.
    While BFA is bad and I quit. I can only agree with your statement for Alliance. The Horde story was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    WoD may have been super light on content but what content there was, was pretty good.

BfA has loads of content, but its all terrible and its coupled with horrid class design.
    Sweet baby Jesus, not you again. King Mongoloid has returned with his shit-posting and thoughtless "far-left, I'm right you're wrong attitude."

Where's my popcorn, this is gonna get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    baddie baddie for yousies then? Both opinions have the same value, so why do you act like you're actually calling someone out? Are you this out of touch with the, um, everything?
    Just read his signature. It explains more than he could ever tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    No, I disliked WoD and i hate BfA.
    Sounds like maybe you just don't like WoW mate.

Just take this into perspective soon it will be 8.1.x and we still don’t have a max level zone in BfA.
    In Legion we had two. Suramar and the updated Karazhan and quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think it's too soon to judge BfA in the pantheon of WoW expansions - we're still on the first real content patch for the expansion, there's a ways to go before it's a completed expansion. I think BfA's trajectory is along the Cata/WoD arc as opposed to the WotLK/MoP arc, personally speaking, but expansions can improve drastically with new content patches just as they can also be ruined. WoD for example started pretty strong and then went south swiftly as time went by (in my own reckoning at least), whereas an expansion like WotLK started a bit rough but finished off as a high water-mark in the eyes of many.
    It’s unlikely BfA will improve until the very final patch of the expansion which is what I speculate is Nzoth and Void stuff. That’s when the story finally gets back cooking and makes sense after an amazing leveling experience from both Horde and Alliance side, including the early war campaign in the base patch. Although I highly wouldn’t be shocked if they pull the plug and make 8.2.5 the last patch and place Azshara as the final boss of BfA and have Anduin as a boss to fight as Horde and Sylvanas as Alliance. Classic is going to be the ‘game’ that carries and keeps WoWs interest up until we move on to expansion 8. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the new expansion would be suddenly announced at BlizzCon but with minor minor details because hype also keeps sub nimbers
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2018-10-18 at 03:56 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It is quality over quantity when it comes to content and bfa is just...bland. I don't know how expeditions made it past alpha much less be included in beta.

7+ Year Old Account

As I said in a similar thread, I have no questions here. Was WoD worse than previous expansions? Yes of course! Even just because at that time worst and gamebreaking change for me in this game was made - new character models (together with toggle), this is main thing that led to my leaving the game (here they lost me, April was my last month). What else can I add about overall design mistakes in comparison with previous expansion:
    1) garrisons/shipyard (progress priority violation, gold inflation, irreparable damage to professions and partly game social component, besides, it also was the reason which caused expansion's "incompleteness" - cost too much effort without adding anything good, but only spoiling) - if they would just remained as personal decorative house with set of cosmetic meaningless mini-games, then this "game add-on” could be called harmless (like Ashran, for example, since you can ignore it without prejudice to progress and main content);
    2) forge items (stats/characteristics inflation, which together with too much freebie loot were main reasons for apex crystals' fail);
    3) removal of resilience (terminal violation of proper control over separation of different content areas, they firstly tried items' "dynamic scaling" here (for PvP));
    4) ...also here (during TW events) they found out that there is possibility of loot/mobs/players scaling to anything (technology isn't bad itself, but it released evil destructive genie from the bottle)
    5) deterioration of situation with classes design (again in comparison to previous expansion);
    6) well, and standard ones: more "looking-for-" services, progress phasing, and therefore mutilated quest system, CRZ stuff, great problems with plot, abnormal system regarding flights — still sure that nothing would change much if they weren't there, but people cried and cried and had cried out new problem for themselves, etc.

Seems like this is all. Yes, main ones. This seems that nothing can be worse... But here comes Legion and with first moves aggravates everything, absolutely all problems of previous expansion and adds countless new ones. For example, even crutch that was left in need is removed - old models are completely removed from the game, stayed only insignificant mention of them in form of old skins, which undoubtedly win over new ones in some places, but on new “frame” even this advantage is almost negated. It's very long and tedious work to list overall mistakes of Legion design (only plus of which is more substantial amount of playing space/territory). You saw it yourself, it was not so long ago. Fortunately, I already wasn't playing at that time, and everything that I had to learn was explained along with explanation of basic game overall design questions, for which I'm immensely grateful to my friends. Now at least I'm not afraid to discuss these issues and don't feel that my comments are completely irrelevant/incompetent. So, Legion rightly deserves from me title of "The worst this game's expansion to date".

I forgot something... Something subtly insignificant, small and useless...

What could it be? Oh yes! There is also BfA... but... are you sure that this is expansion? Everything that happened during this period is: even bad things that seemed to be working with countless crutches were put into disrepair. More like expansion's last noncontent pre-patch, when you need to briefly/distract audience before next one... but only when will you have this next one out there?

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    13. Some thoughts about "best expansions"(and the worst one, also WoD&MoP&Cata&WotLK) +(+/+/+)+/+/+/+
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-06-30 at 07:32 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Deleted
    Expansions I loved

Wrath
    Mist
    Legion

Expansions I did not like
    CATA
    WOD
    BFA

Expansion I thought I liked but looked at it objectively and realized its actually not as great as I remember for many reasons and curing myself of my nostalgia goggles
    Burning Crusade(I'm serious, I want you all to look deeper into BC)

While BFA is bad and I quit. I can only agree with your statement for Alliance. The Horde story was solid.
    Possible, I tried to level only the Alliance side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekeel View Post
    Possible, I tried to level only the Alliance side.
    Well I won't tell you to resub but...you probably missed the best feature of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It’s unlikely BfA will improve until the very final patch of the expansion which is what I speculate is Nzoth and Void stuff. That’s when the story finally gets back cooking and makes sense after an amazing leveling experience from both Horde and Alliance side, including the early war campaign in the base patch. Although I highly wouldn’t be shocked if they pull the plug and make 8.2.5 the last patch and place Azshara as the final boss of BfA and have Anduin as a boss to fight as Horde and Sylvanas as Alliance. Classic is going to be the ‘game’ that carries and keeps WoWs interest up until we move on to expansion 8. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the new expansion would be suddenly announced at BlizzCon but with minor minor details because hype also keeps sub nimbers
    Difficult to say how or when (or if) BfA will improve or in what manner the plot will go - speculation is fine, but that's really all we have. I also have sincere doubts that Classic will have any effect on the Live version of WoW's longevity or prospects, insofar as I see it can really only leech from Live and not contribute to its success in any meaningful way. Stepping backward rarely propels you forward, as it were. Not that I think Classic is a bad idea, either; I'm actually looking forward to it somewhat - but its footprint on Live will be negligible at best (and deleterious at worst).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Well I won't tell you to resub but...you probably missed the best feature of the expansion.
    IDK. Just the Horde city alone is enough to make a normal person unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryn View Post
    What precisely were you smoking during WoD launch that made you think it was smooth? EU side at least it was far far far far -far- more bugged than anything I've ever seen in the game. Walking straight through hills? check. Sinking through the world? check. Unable to take ship from starting zones? check. Unable to build garrison the next day when ship bug was fixed? check. Unable to enter garrison once built? check.

The very minor bugs (albeit numerous) in BfA completely pale by comparison even if it by no means were as smooth as Legion launch.
    We all know EU is the beta for North America. Thanks for your playtesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    I don't really understand the hate for island expeditions.
    For me, it combines two most hated "features" in one package: Diablo-inspired RNG shit and time limit, that forces me to play at a pace that I don't like.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.