Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Last week certainly was one of the optimal weeks. Any week with volcanic feels free

edit: yeah what another poster said, people are bad about not eating food in b/w pulls on grievous. its no fighter chow but it helps, as do the health pots/hs on a 1m cd

My least favorite affix personally is Explosive, but I haven't seen it pop up once this xpac. Is that still a thing?
    It will come next week. Paired with sanguine tyrannical.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Good luck convincing idiots in PUGs that they should bring and use food in m+
    At high keys people really onmly bring buff food because there no other reason to have food lol. Everyone has self healing beside mages but they can make there own food and water.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    At high keys people really onmly bring buff food because there no other reason to have food lol.
    He literally just told you a reason to bring food. Seasoned Loins cost a few silver per piece in the AH, and are always useful to have.

Why do healers whine so much? It's not your fault if your dps is stupid enough to take avoidable damage. As a healer you need thick skin, bossy attitude and make priorities on who gets healed on grievous. And as a healer you probably know what damage each pack does, and what a fuck up looks like.

Details meter logs all of this shit, it's why I always have damage taken tab up to call out shit like that, as well as the weakaura that shows all the cds on interrupt. Dps can literally fuck off, cause they are the most replaceable role in the game, and there are lots of competent ones out there, but sadly too many entitled idiots who follow tank and treat each pack as it was a bunch of target dummies.
    Once you played with good dps, there is no way going back, everything is so smooth and enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    gotta love the RNG, no you actually have to.
    what has rng todo with this? affixes are set and griveous is not rng
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

DH and DK laugh at grevious with the amount of self-healing, and as MW ive not found it too difficult, but ill run some 10s+ to see the difference, can't imagine its great with fortified. But I like a challenge i will be pushing through as much as i can.

BfA has a different dungeon design philosophy than legion in that it's more consistent damage, compared to Legion's 'will this one shot me or not' bursty damage. This along with healers being weaker makes grievous seem much worse now.

Grievous has some bugs too, I dunno if it's doing the appropriate damage, but the scaling of hp pools to expected hps of healers seems a bit off. In a +10 I was doing 25k hps nonstop to a blood dk that was also doing 15k hps himself just to keep him above 50% health. 40k hps on a single target seems a bit ridiculous, but we did it, I mistweave so I imagine it's all /rip and /tears for the rdruids and disc priests out there.

One bug for example, if you end a dungeon with grievious on people it continues ticking even if you heal people to 100%. The only way to get it to stop is die or leave the dungeon.

It's an affix that hits hard, so of course it's harder than avoidable shit like volcanic. It's the usual debate of whether hard = bad or easy = bad. It's impossible to answer objectively because some players want harder content and other players want it easier.

Disc priests are probably the ones who get fucked the most by grievous. Other than that, it's just a hard hitting DoT affix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Why do healers whine so much? It's not your fault if your dps is stupid enough to take avoidable damage. As a healer you need thick skin, bossy attitude
    You've answered your own question there if you believe only highly confident people with contempt for their group can excel in the healing role.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Doesn't matter if I quit, already subbed for the year. I will be playing a lot more Black Ops this week, that's for sure.
    I think you can suspend your time if you talk to customer services?
    RETH

Monk tanks are a bit fucked too with how this affix works.

Yeah, Grievous was already annoying in Legion, but in BfA with the harder trash, more consistent damage and weaker tank/healer output overall it turns into a nightmare for the poor healer who has to drink every second pull.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post

My least favorite affix personally is Explosive, but I haven't seen it pop up once this xpac. Is that still a thing?
    It's next week. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Can't compare Legion gameplay with BfA. Tanks and healers are both toned down in BfA. Tanks especially. Gear won't really help that much, with better gear means more HP means higher ticks.

It is kinda enjoyable watching the M+ streamers who were keying +17s last week being unable to key a +14.
    I think you underestimate certain things. Every healer feels pretty weak at the start of an expansion. There's a pretty massive difference in how it feels to heal with perfect stats compared to really low ones. It's even harder to have a realistic point of reference this time because at the start of Legion Grievous didn't exist. It was called Overflowing and it would put an healing absorption debuff on your party members when you overhealed them.

Better stats will definitely help, though. Take Holy Paladins or Restoration Shamans for instance. At the start of the expansion you struggle to have a decent amount of crit rating. That means far less Infusion of Light procs for a Holy Paladin, and worse mana regen for Resto Shamans since they don't get as many crits for Resurgence. Those can be huge for affixes like Grievous.

Not to mention that more gear will also affect the DPS which in turn makes healing easier as well. The longer a fight lasts, the more stress it puts on the healer. Everyone having more health also means that smaller hits from trash mobs or boss abilities won't necessarily put everyone below 85% to trigger Grievous.

It could use some additional tuning for now, because it does make keys considerably harder. But gear scaling will most definitely fix it eventually if Blizzard decides to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    He literally just told you a reason to bring food. Seasoned Loins cost a few silver per piece in the AH, and are always useful to have.
    I know there is a reason, I am just saying nobody stocks food anymore because it's worthless with all the self healing outside of affix. It use to be mandatory to have bags full of it in Vanilla and Tbc for all classes but mages. Blizzard changed that though.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, got my +10 done for the week (didn't even +1 a dungeon that I'm used to keying in +13s) and never gonna touch another M+ this week unless the affix gets drastically nerfed or something.

This is not fun for the tank (me) and even worse for the healer.

I thought bolstering was bad, but it's more annoying than anything. Grievous is annoying AND complete bullshit.
    Pug or proper guild group ?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Bad players mad at grievous because you can't just go "just put on prydaz loooool" anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    grievous was always the easiest of affixes, i have not logged on yet today - what happened to it?
    Spotted DPS player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Spotted DPS player.
    Not just DPS player, Legion Aff Lock player.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama