Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    "so much effort"

It was literally flicking my scroll wheel like 3 times down the page but okay.

Also private logs? Yeah I know what private logs are. They're used by top guilds to hide comps/gimmicks/sometimes exploits.

I can't imagine what a barely top 500 EU guild needs to hide from everyone else but hey whatever right?

Quote Originally Posted by Naustis View Post
    Private logs. Do you know what it is? Also Zul is the best example, where you can get high parses by padding, but that won't make you killing the boss. To do high parse on zul you have to PADD (yes, the hard word) with AE. Just to educate you, because I am sure you didn't see Zul on mythic, you wouldn't talk like that if you did. As Arcane you focus Zul, and you do ST rotation.

Btw. if you made so much effort to find my log, I am sure you also checked HC where you can just go full dps ignoring mechanics, and not sacrificing dps to kill the boss by saving cds. And you can see 99parses on most bosses. I doubt you ever saw a green parse on your logs, LFR warrior.
    So you're saying that you have to pad in oder to rank better than gray on Zul? With Arcane especially?

And who cares about heroic rankings. In a halfway decent guild group you basically get 95%+ for free.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2018-11-16 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    "so much effort"

It was literally flicking my scroll wheel like 3 times down the page but okay.

Also private logs? Yeah I know what private logs are. They're used by top guilds to hide comps/gimmicks/sometimes exploits.

I can't imagine what a barely top 500 EU guild needs to hide from everyone else but hey whatever right?
    So people dont pad for logs? So you can see who is doing his job right? So you van see where you and your team mates made most mistakes to fix them in next try? First I though you are just a sad troll who tries to look cool on forum. But now you showed that you're just dumb or actually retarded. And there is no reason to make any conversation with a guy who has no idea about the topic. You can go back to your LFR cave, and leave the discussion to people who play the game and not forum post simulator. Cheers.

@up
    Read the log and spend just 15seconds on thinking why I was so low there. It is not hard. Btw. I am doing logs only with pugs.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2018-11-16 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naustis View Post
    Arcane is as good as player playing it
    only if i was talking about its #s, im talking about it as a spec

There will always be a worst spec. And the class who gets that spot will always complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    So you're saying that you have to pad in oder to rank better than gray on Zul? With Arcane especially?

And who cares about heroic rankings. In a halfway decent guild group you basically get 95%+ for free.
    Let him go. He thinks 99s on heroic matter on top of being utterly clueless and having a ridiculously inflated sense of self importance when in reality he's comically average and can't handle it.

it kind of baffles me that blizzard is leaving the spec as-is in 8.1. arcane is arguably as broken if not more so than shadow priests or dps shamans. literally feels incomplete, regardless of if it does damage

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    it kind of baffles me that blizzard is leaving the spec as-is in 8.1. arcane is arguably as broken if not more so than shadow priests or dps shamans. literally feels incomplete, regardless of if it does damage
    In what way? The gameplay of Arcane has been like this for a while.

Good riddance, hate that damn spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    In what way? The gameplay of Arcane has been like this for a while.
    arcane missiles has no interaction with arcane charges or mastery, despite it being the most iconic ability within the spec. it barely breaks 5% of your total damage done, when you have literally 3 buttons on single target, and 2 on aoe. i realize the spec wasnt completely different in legion, but they removed a number of interactions between the spells and it just feels like they took the spec apart with the intent to put it back together as something a little more evolved, but then got bored and just left the pieces on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    arcane missiles has no interaction with arcane charges or mastery, despite it being the most iconic ability within the spec. it barely breaks 5% of your total damage done, when you have literally 3 buttons on single target, and 2 on aoe. i realize the spec wasnt completely different in legion, but they removed a number of interactions between the spells and it just feels like they took the spec apart with the intent to put it back together as something a little more evolved, but then got bored and just left the pieces on the floor.

Not that I disagree much. But it's not like Frost or Fire (aside from recent BM shenanigans) are any more complex. I think they just assumed that mana management and all but mandatory RoP use was enough complexity/difficulty for plebs - so it's probably intentional.
    And looking at # of parses (e.g. Taloc - 18k Frost parses, 9k Arcane parses) or threads like this one they might not even be wrong with that assumption.

If anything I'd say it is Frost's spam up to 10 FBs on 5 icicles playstyle that seems broken, even if it may be a problem that can be fixed with numbers tuning.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2018-11-17 at 08:56 AM.

From my experience, the biggest skill ability of Arcane is when to use the CDs. Considering the only fights that matter are progress fights and everything is dynamic, you need to be on your tip toes. Once on Mother last room I delayed AP because fire or winds because I couldn't have 100% uptime and everything just spiraled, lasers came out, then fire, then winds again and imho I lost more dmg doing that than bursting her as much as possible.

But yeah, Arcane has way too few spells, but I wouldn't want it have a complex rotation during burst like Fire does in order to get max dmg (specially with BM). Conserve phase is boring-er than Burst.