Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    If Blizzard brings back that super fun MoP MM and makes it as good at 1v1 pvp as BM and Surv, I swear I'll resub and come back to wow.
    if you ever expect to get to be able to move when casting aimed shot you are likely to be dissapointed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragerlis View Post
    Well, im doing 20k dps on dummy with rapid fire centred build, any shitty combination gives at least 17k dps without any consumables/lust.

Looks overtuned for a pve and pvp standpoint, in pvp double tap rapidfire pretty much one shot any class. Looks fun at least, would love if piercing shot does more damage than a non proc'ed arcane shot tho.
    lmao careful aim says hi

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They actually do quite a lot, in a negative way for me personally, because they seem to be hell-bent on forcing Rapid Fire use. So much so that they turn a talent nicely integrated into the current ST build into a Ralid Fire CD reduction.

These changes seem like they are being done with PvP in mind, while PvE is completely forgotten. Just the wording alone is indicating that this is the case; when has any MM hunter had issues at keeping PvE targets at a distance. All these changes seem to come over a concern of keeping a distance and that's related entirely to PvP.

An even bigger issue is that new tunimg cycles will come after a while once they realize that RF on CD isn't a great design and that they don't want it to be the biggest damage dealer, making gearing with Azerite worse.
    Not so much really, aoe will be the same clusterfuck as it is now. This will change a bit for ST, but that's it. And yes, it seems most of it is made for PvP, and not so much for PvE.

For me, it needs an entire rework for me to embrace it again. MM since 2006 even when no one else played MM, had a blast in Legion, perfect aoe, nice st-rotation. But I guess we won't see that again.

And just to add, it's not just the rotation, but having to deal with the pet as well. Marksmanship shouldn't have to use a pet. Lone Wolf baseline was a nice change right, but it didn't have to be changed. Oh well, it might just be me.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2018-10-18 at 03:18 PM.

I think the reason they under tuned it in the first place was so Survival could become more popular lol.

Now they just need to put Scatter Shot off dr with Freezing Trap and I'm happy.

Seems better than nothing. Might re-sub if they actually make marks a fun spec to play again.

Deleted
    Isn't the new playstyle during trueshot, the reduced cooldown of trueshot, together with +% crit on trueshot azerite trait and calling the shots a rather potent build/cooldown now (again?).

Isn't that something they wanted to see gone from legion?

I mean, the opener/finisher with trueshot (careful aim) and basically ~70% crit will be insane.

How much critrating do you get again? About 550(?) per second if you have 2 pieces, and they stack 10 times.

As long as BM is ahead there is no reason to go MM. BM has unlimited mobility, strong and short Cooldowns, great sustained aoe and more utility with pets.

But I’ve always seen MM as the “end game” spec. Let’s wait and see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think the reason they under tuned it in the first place was so Survival could become more popular lol.
    I know many players switch spec to play the flavor of the month, both many stick to one spec as well.

BM is great but pet reliance is frustrating. I want a hard hitting marksman, not a pet getting bugged on a rock. If they make MM competitive ill be extremely happy. Ive already been playing it witb 3x steady aim to lolshot people in pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    I am pretty sure as a hunter you won't be put on dispell duty BUT if by chance you do (Most likely random mythic pugs), you have the option. You can as MM dispell if you really need it.
    Not to kill your point or anything but there are no other classes out there I am aware of that have a dispel that is not part of their normal spell rotation where a choice like this must be made, Warlocks for example get their pet skill if they choose to spec for sacrificing, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to ask Hunters who wish to avail of Lone wolf get the same thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Isn't the new playstyle during trueshot, the reduced cooldown of trueshot, together with +% crit on trueshot azerite trait and calling the shots a rather potent build/cooldown now (again?).

Isn't that something they wanted to see gone from legion?

I mean, the opener/finisher with trueshot (careful aim) and basically ~70% crit will be insane.

How much critrating do you get again? About 550(?) per second if you have 2 pieces, and they stack 10 times.
    Even with this change it's going to prove quite difficult to trump steady shot trait for Marks that buffs Aimed, especially those talented into Steady Focus, I'm just delighted I don't have to rely on luck from Lethal shots anymore, despite been a lil sad I have no means to guarentee a crit opener, was pretty sweat unloading a guaranteed crit trick shot spread rapid fire on a fresh pack in lets say a M+, our bursty AoE has been notched down a peg over that here and I doubt that multi shot change will make much diff to it, but over all, removed randomness is win in my books

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decho View Post
    Even with this change it's going to prove quite difficult to trump steady shot trait for Marks that buffs Aimed, especially those talented into Steady Focus, I'm just delighted I don't have to rely on luck from Lethal shots anymore, despite been a lil sad I have no means to guarentee a crit opener, was pretty sweat unloading a guaranteed crit trick shot spread rapid fire on a fresh pack in lets say a M+, our bursty AoE has been notched down a peg over that here and I doubt that multi shot change will make much diff to it, but over all, removed randomness is win in my books
    I think you overestimated that steady shot stuff, especially in M+.

It's great for singletarget but pretty useless in M+.
    shooting twice as many AiS with a high crit chance is most likely way more powerful.
    Especially since you can cast them back to back and rapidfire on top of it. (with MS weaved in of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    As long as BM is ahead there is no reason to go MM. BM has unlimited mobility, strong and short Cooldowns, great sustained aoe and more utility with pets.
    Also, a big quality of life thing is that BM can use the same talent setup for both AOE and single-target fights.

Looks like MM will still have to pick different talents to optimize for AOE or ST damage even after the 8.1 changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    SV is super fun. All I really want is longer range on harpoon and Flanking Strike to be baseline instead of a talent.

Sv also isn't massively burdened by talent-swapping. Your single target is still pretty decent if you go for bombs instead of poison.

Deleted
    If only they could take that 3 target restriction off Multi Shot now, I'd be over the moon with these changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Decho View Post
    Steady Shot spam to buff Aimed Shot is dead without Lethal Shots making AimS a guaranteed crit anymore.
    Every other talent and trait is about Rapid Fire now. Even without proper traits RF deals about as much DPS per cast as AimS does, this only gets stronger with all the RF buffs and RF CD reduction. There's just really nothing left in the spec that does anything with Aimed Shot. I mean... having traits that add 2k to your 20k dmg shot just aren't comparable to the amount of support they've created for RF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    lmao careful aim says hi
    Without CA ofc, with CA you easily hold 23k+ due calling the shots synergy. Im not dumb.

And even the shittiest build can hold 17k dps on dummy, being pretty high for any class standard.
    Last edited by Ragerlis; 2018-10-19 at 02:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragerlis View Post
    Without CA ofc, with CA you easily hold 23k+ due calling the shots synergy. Im not dumb.

And even the shittiest build can hold 17k dps on dummy, being pretty high for any class standard.
    seems like a solid foundation considering the spec still sucks at AoE, on the move, at ultility and 2 target cleave

atleast it maybe will be decent in ST

It hasn't been mentioned, but just to point out, most of these "buffs" are offset by other changes, it's just the whole lethal shot and rapid fire mechanic that's changed a bit.

While Arcane shot base dmg has been increased, Precise shots' buff has been decreased (48->60% AS, and 100->75% bonus damage from precise shots).
    While still a slight overall increase due to the base, unbuffed AS being stronger, it's not a ton.

CA went from 50% chance for 100% damage to 100% for 50%. It's just consistency, no DPS change.

Volley was likewise a consistency change (and probably still not used).

The only "real" buffs are the Multishot-damage, trueshot change, and depending on your preference, the lethal shot change.

I'm personally quite sad they're doing away with a niche spec (steady aim, pure single target with extremely high execute damage) rather than letting it be it's own thing for people to pick if they want to. It's super strong for the only difficult thing in the current tier (G'huun mythic p3), and I'm sort of sad that I probably won't even get to use it because I still lack gear for it (have 1k crit rating, which is zero dps, so not worth switching to).