Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    You know that they increased the jump penalty too, right?
    No, it was already 30%. HT dropped it to 15%.

Edit: did the math, it looks like this will always be a buff in M+ as well, especially if not overhealing. For max throughput it's small (~7%), in general though (heavy HS spam -> CH periodically) it's pretty significant.

Not a buff to raid healing though except HPS padding.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2018-10-19 at 08:22 AM.

Deleted
    Does unleash life affect the whole chainheal cast? When Hightide no dropp of that might be a thing.

"Quick update: the buff will have a longer duration in the next build. It is intended to be less of a "press button when it lights up" proc, and more something you can plan to use. This also should take stress off of knowing exactly when it will trigger (which is not something we want the talent to be about micromanaging)." from blue post.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2018-10-19 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Does unleash life affect the whole chainheal cast? When Hightide no dropp of that might be a thing.

"Quick update: the buff will have a longer duration in the next build. It is intended to be less of a "press button when it lights up" proc, and more something you can plan to use. This also should take stress off of knowing exactly when it will trigger (which is not something we want the talent to be about micromanaging)." from blue post.
    That's definitely better. We'll see if they can make this idea compete with Wellspring and Ascendance.

Here's a suggestion for a new mastery: Tidal Waves increases the affected spell's healing done by X%

Tune numbers in such a way that chain heal is worth casting in situations where it will effectively heal 3-4 targets. Make shamans strong spot healers/tank healers through our mastery. Allow players to move between aoe heals and strong spot healing through the new mastery and management of tidal waves. Tune mastery scaling so that it never becomes most worthwhile to just sit back and never use the heals that don't benefit from the new mastery (things like healing rain and healing stream totem).

Sure, healing wave is slow. But if you know it's attached to a strong heal that you've set up for through activating tidal waves, it can feel rewarding. That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    The first is a nerf, you could use lust even with sated and get the benefit.

The CH changes are mostly just to make baseline CH not terrible without HT and to make HT an option in raids. Not really a buff, unless you were spamming CH without HT before. It's closer to Wellspring in HPM but it doesn't really change anything, and might be a nerf in M+.
    Doesn't it also increase lust time to 60 seconds now?

I've lost hope for this class, i'm probably rerolling to monk or druid next patch.
    I don't think blizzard will do any meaningful changes to resto shaman:
    elemental was supposed to get a rework and instead got a couple of talent shuffles, enhancement at the moment only numbers tuning, I really think resto shaman will stay pretty much the same for BfA (mechanically speaking).
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by caranthir nine View Post
    I've lost hope for this class, i'm probably rerolling to monk or druid next patch.
    I don't think blizzard will do any meaningful changes to resto shaman:
    elemental was supposed to get a rework and instead got a couple of talent shuffles, enhancement at the moment only numbers tuning, I really think resto shaman will stay pretty much the same for BfA (mechanically speaking).
    Maybe you should rethink that.

Resto is gaining strength, and with very few of us left, and even less raiding at 5/8 or higher, you could find yourself a very good spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Maybe you should rethink that.

Resto is gaining strength, and with very few of us left, and even less raiding at 5/8 or higher, you could find yourself a very good spot.
    As a niche class that people only bring for one unique cooldown? That's not good enough sorry.

hopefully in 8.2 that patch notes will read... shaman has been removed from the game. that will save us all the dissapointment of failure pile of this expansion for the shaman class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    As a niche class that people only bring for one unique cooldown? That's not good enough sorry.
    It is for me, you leave, I'll handle this.... Myself.

Haven't kept updated on RShaman for 8.1, are they going to improve our ST/Tank healing or will it be the same sh*tshow like it is now compared to every other healer?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Haven't kept updated on RShaman for 8.1, are they going to improve our ST/Tank healing or will it be the same sh*tshow like it is now compared to every other healer?
    No buffs as far as tank healing or mastery buff.
    Chainheal buff really minimal. If they are going to make chainheal useless they should just slap a 6 sec cd on it and make it stronger.

Funny thing is, in raids I am often the second highest tank healer, only behind the Paladin. Maintain Riptide on them and have them as my primary CH target so melee get all the bounces has been effective for me and has minimal overhealing. Problem is dungeons, as usual.

5+ Year Old Account
    The CH buff is significant, but it's just one piece of the kit. Some of the azerite changes are nice, but the swelling nerfs probably a bit too much, it would have been nice to see it remain competitive with swirling or some of the other passive stat traits.

We'll be in a slightly better position for 8.1, though the classwide "why bring a shaman over..." problem will probably continue to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Xastin View Post
    hopefully in 8.2 that patch notes will read... shaman has been removed from the game. that will save us all the dissapointment of failure pile of this expansion for the shaman class.
    I think if they could go back in time they honestly would. Shamans aren't a class that fills any sort of need in this game. You can tell by the history of it's design. It's all over the place with no real direction. All the good ideas Blizzard has ever had as far as abilities goes mostly to other casters. Anything we get is usually a water downed version of that ability.

I think the only truly good unique abilities Shaman have are Spirit Link totem and...Purge...maybe? Am I missing something else? I'm not trying to be a smart butt I just can't think of any other awesome unique ability Shaman has that other classes would really envy or want to give up something they have in return (mostly from Ele/Resto perspective--I don't play Enhance).