Gear optimization

Hey there,

I just leveled a fresh toon and hitted 120 today. I wonder if i should gear up only in BG's and arenas or if pve gear hits exactly the same purpose.

Best regards

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey. It's up to you!

I just finished levelling a Hunter for PvP and this is what I did:

Buy a dozen iLVL 300 blues off the AH -> Queue for Time Walking / 5 dungeons to get epic (rolled up to 395 omgyes) to get to 320+ -> Queue for Warfront to get 350/370 -> Farm WQs for gear -> Spam 3s to get 345 weapon. Currently at 338 after one day.

While doing all of this, keep in mind what your best stats are.

Deleted
    As poster said above I got geared in a couple of days doing this. Timewalking is pretty strong. No idea why they set the i level to be 40 to 50 item level better than the content you're supposed to be doing (WQ, dungeons & HCs) upon reaching 120 but it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by froxyyer View Post
    Hey there,

I just leveled a fresh toon and hitted 120 today. I wonder if i should gear up only in BG's and arenas or if pve gear hits exactly the same purpose.

Best regards
    Truth to be told no one knows how gear is exactly scaling in BfA pvp, not even Blizzard. Best you can do is check wowhead and icy-veins pvp guide about azerite traits. Players noticed earlier that lower ilvl gear was actually better for pvp since azerite trait scaled and blue post about it was "developers will look into it" not sure if it has been fixed or not.