Poll: What should we do with Mastery

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: RSham Mastery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obesemidget View Post
    Change the mastery that turns the bonus healing that would have been gained by our current mastery as an absorb shield.
    that actuallly nice idea

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

There's no way a new mastery will be introduced half way thru an expac.

Why not change Deep Healing to something like what they did with Destro locks in Legion?

At the start of Legion, Destro's mastery had a completely random + dmg effect. This was universally panned, so Blizzard compromised by having mastery having half its value simply add to over dmg, and the other half being random. So if you had a mastery of 20%, that meant your dmg was increased by 10%, plus up to another 10%. It made things a lot smoother.

A similar change could apply to Resto sham. Currently, the tooltip reads like this (40% is just a sample %):

Increases healing from your spells by up to 40%, based on the current health of your target. Lower health targets are healed for more.

Simply change it to:

Increases healing from your spells by 20%, plus up to an additional 20%, based on the current health of your target. Lower health targets are healed for more.

This would smooth healing out, and keep from being totally reliant on healing low health players, while still maintaining a strong niche in that department. I've used a 50/50 split there, but that could vary depending on what Blizzard would find balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how the mastery design works: The closer a friend is to death the more you help him. They can rework some of the % or do a shield or whatever, but this part should be kept. Our HPS is a bit lower on farmed content sure but it's there when needed.

I also miss both Ancestral Procs and Earthliving (and it's sound!!) proccing on low HP targets... those were the days and even then we were never op.

It's not an excuse for Blizzard to use though. What's the worst thing that can happen? Resto being the #1 healer for once in their lifetime?

Deleted
    Change the mastery that turns the bonus healing that would have been gained by our current mastery as an absorb shield.
    Absorb is yummy! I would love an absorb mastery. They did remove holy pally's absorb mastery for a reason though, so I sadly think they'd find something like that too op.
    I'd love some more small absorb effects in general for resto shamans. I already love Earthenwall Totem. Absorb complements resto playstyle so well. It freezes the target's healthbar at low hp to then give us time to heal it up with our slow, powerful casts.

I miss Ancestral Awakening and Earth living weapon. Both of these spells would make better masteries than the current. Ancestral Awakening was a smart heal that took 30% of a single target critical strike and healed the lowest health member of a party or raid. Earthliving weapon used to leave a hot on a target after a heal.
    Last edited by obesemidget; 2018-10-19 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Ancestral Awakening and Earth living weapon. Both of these spells would make better masteries than the current. Ancestral Awakening was a smart heal that took 30% of a single target critical strike and healed the lowest health member of a party or raid. Earthliving weapon used to leave a hot on a target after a heal.
    Yep - coupled with Awesome sounds too.

This is where Blizzard goes "FUN DETECTED: MUST DESTROY!" and is what I hate about their design as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    And of course in M+ having your tank go down to 30% health just so you can be "more effective" than other healers is too risky. People prefer the ability to pop tanks back up to full health quickly like a Holy Priest/Holy Pally can or just keep a steady stream of decent heals up that don't require the mastery to be effective.
    My Paladin, with similar gear to my Shaman, actually has weaker single target healing outside of wings (assuming I don't spec into melee-healing wings and thus make it a random healing effect). Holy Pallies need a ton of Crit to function properly, probably more than we'll see all expansion, so without a string of luck they just don't do terribly strong ST healing. Also, their mastery is at least as terrible as ours.

The Priests, OTOH, are sick right now. I mean, Holy has terrible survivability, and yet nobody thinks about benching them for it, because they are just that strong at everything, so it's worth bringing them and working around their weakness.

- - - Updated - - -

One reason we've had trouble in recent times is the loss of these, as well as Healing Stream not being up 100%. Between AW, Earth Living, and HST we used to put out a trickle of multi-target healing all the time, as we did our normal healing. It gave a buffer in case something went wrong while we were busy with someone else, and helped stabilise the raid's health while we were saving someone with ST heals.

We also can't gain Tidal Wave charges as quickly now, making our ST healing slower and weaker. On top of that, our spells are simply weak (though this may be a problem for many healing specs, because my Pally also has mostly awful spells).

Our cooldowns are now also either gone or greatly weakened, aside from Spirit Link which is not a heal, and Ascendance (which is a talent and competes with another useful talent).

We have very little raid utility now, and the only unique one (+10% health) can be tricky to maintain and requires a talent that competes with a very useful 'minor' cooldown (well, if people will stand in it, it is).

I think that all this has made our Mastery look bad because it's now carrying the load all by itself - the only way we can get strong healing is when people are low, and thus we really notice when they aren't.

Personally, I've always liked our Mastery, and I've been willing to accept not being that great in farm content in exchange for being amazing in healer intensive progression content. However, our toolkit is now so weak, and so incomplete that we can't even excel when healing a stacked raid in a progression fight. On top of that, raid design and the strength of Priests (and to a lesser extent Monks and Druids) is such that if our Mastery does come into play the raid is almost certainly doomed.

Now I haven't played rshaman seriously in forever, but my impression of Blizzard's vision for rshaman niche is stacked healing. If they want to emphasize this with their mastery, they could have the mastery increase healing by x% based on # of allies within y range of target.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

It would really double down on area healing but they could remove Healing Rain as a cast-able spell and change it to a shorter duration but more potent passive triggered effect. It could spawn on top of your target when you cast a direct heal. Mastery could buff the heal amount and cause targets inside of healing rain to get healed for more by other effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draele View Post
    It would really double down on area healing but they could remove Healing Rain as a cast-able spell and change it to a shorter duration but more potent passive triggered effect. It could spawn on top of your target when you cast a direct heal. Mastery could buff the heal amount and cause targets inside of healing rain to get healed for more by other effects.
    Ooh, no no no no no x3

Believe it or not, but I love healing rain as it is. The only healer where we have a ground healing over time effect (that is worth something).
    I recently played other classes and I feel empty without having a healing rain or similar spell to cast :c Like the old Sanctuary Chakra, I love such spells!

(The druid one is all right but it doesn't really feel as good for me as the others)
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

they could honestly just split the mastery in half like they did for destruction warlocks. half your mastery increases healing on low health targets, the other half is a small flat healing increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    Ooh, no no no no no x3

Believe it or not, but I love healing rain as it is. The only healer where we have a ground healing over time effect (that is worth something).
    I recently played other classes and I feel empty without having a healing rain or similar spell to cast :c Like the old Sanctuary Chakra, I love such spells!

(The druid one is all right but it doesn't really feel as good for me as the others)
    the druid one i've seen heals about as much as rain does. Honestly I miss having unique spells anymore. Chain heal and then healing rain were spells that were unrivaled by other healers and now we all just have carbon copies of each other except theirs is better now because it was too limited beforehand.

My suggestions to make our mastery working properly while also increasing our ST healing :

- Increase the direct healing of Riptide to the detriment of its hot component. Riptide now creates 2 Tidal Wave effects.
    - Add a direct heal effect to Healing Rain (like Overflowing Shores azerite trait), maybe to the detriment of its ground healing component.
    - Replace Healing Surge by Unleash Life with 12s CD.
    - Make Tidal Wave from Riptide also decreases the cast time of Chain Heal (which won't anymore proc Tidal Wave).
    - New passive effect : Ancestral Vision : You remind the health of your targets during 3s, making your Healing Wave and Chain Heal benefits more from your Mastery if your targets had less health 3s before.
    - Earth Shield is now baseline. The current talent is now a passive effect called Earthmender that makes your Healing Wave & Chain Heal creating an absoption effect on the Earth Shielded target when healing it, for 10% of the effective healing done.
    - The current Unleash Life talent is now a passive effect called Earthliving, making your Unleash Life also healing your Earth Shielded target when you heal someone else.

Deep Healing
    Increases healing from your spells by up to 16.0%, based on the current health of your target. Lower health targets are healed for more. Critical heals gain full benefit regardless of targets health.