5+ Year Old Account
    An magical Alien World full of Rainbows, Unicorns, Doobies, Pizza, & Jack Daniels.

Exclamation What are the mastery buffs??

I can't find a thread or anything about the supposed mastery buff.......i see ppl arguing about how big or small of a buff it is, but NO ONE is saying what the buff actually is.

I'd appreciate any help, thank you.

Mastery is going to buff starsurge and our empowerment damage more, before it was half the value of the damage increase to our dots.

•Mastery: Starlight Increases Moonfire, Sunfire,, Stellar Flare, Starsurge, and Starfall damage by [ 154% of Spell Power ]%. Increases the damage effects of Lunar Empowerment and Solar Empowerment by an additional [ 154% of Spell Power ]%. Druid - Balance Spec. Druid - Balance Spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Basically doubling the base mastery, not how it scales. It's value will slightly change if you're simming / using Pawn, but I don't expect it to gain value over crit or haste this tier.

5+ Year Old Account
    An magical Alien World full of Rainbows, Unicorns, Doobies, Pizza, & Jack Daniels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Mastery is going to buff starsurge and our empowerment damage more, before it was half the value of the damage increase to our dots.
    Thank you!!
    Do you have a link for where this is posted so i can keep an eye out for changes??

10+ Year Old Account
    It's on the front page with everything else that comes from the PTR

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's on the front page with everything else that comes from the PTR
    OMG thank you!! hahaha
    I swear i went to the main page the first day ppl started talking about it, searched for balance, and got nothing! haha

Anyways, ty everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Basically doubling the base mastery, not how it scales. It's value will slightly change if you're simming / using Pawn, but I don't expect it to gain value over crit or haste this tier.
    No, they changed the scaling. We still have the same 8 base Mastery every spec in the game has had since Mastery was introduced. The only thing Blizzard ever changes for Mastery is the scaling.

Aside from removing the SS and SW penalty, they also increased overall scaling by 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    You can already run sims against the 8.1 changes (Druid discord provided override strings to use in Advanced Sims). Already ran some against myself for Single Target and the difference is massive:

Current Simmed Stat Weights:
    Haste - 2.07
    Intellect - 1.80
    Critical Strike - 1.75
    Versatility - 1.74
    Mastery - 1.38

8.1 Simmed Stat Weights:
    Haste - 2.16
    Mastery - 2.10
    Intellect - 1.88
    Critical Strike - 1.82
    Versatility - 1.82