The last info, dems lead republicans by 13 points in generic congressional ballot:

https://thehill.com/campaign-polls/4...ssional-ballot

Please, vote. Vote as if the dems were 13 points behind.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If he "wins" I don't think he would have anything to make him step down while Trump and the Republicans will fight to keep him there and, if he does end up having to step down, they would only allow it so long as he was replaced by another republican. They would make sure that if he gets caught cheating, he would be replaced by another from his party instead of those he cheated.

Hate to say it, but the old saying goes "Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box".

If this keeps continuing over the next decade, I am afraid we are going to hit that last box. The soap box doesn't work most of the time and they greatly control both the ballot and jury box.

Afraid of how far they will push this before they push too far.
    The midterms tomorrow are going to be VERY interesting. If the Dems don't take the House that will be one path. But if the GOP continues to win by literally cheating, that's another thing entirely. I tend to agree with your sentiments about the future. It's truly frightening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    I'm trying to avoid thinking about this as much as possible, which is exactly why I'm here reading this forum thread.

I'm some sort of weird masochist for anxiety, apparently.
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The midterms tomorrow are going to be VERY interesting. If the Dems don't take the House that will be one path. But if the GOP continues to win by literally cheating, that's another thing entirely. I tend to agree with your sentiments about the future. It's truly frightening.
    That got me thinking about 2020.

We all know Trump is going to bitch about the elections being rigged if he loses.

But will his ego take him so far as to him refusing to leave?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

We all know Trump is going to bitch about the elections being rigged if he loses.

Refusing to leave is just postponing defeat, no he'll try and dress it up as a win because he accomplished so much, then tell us all how sorry we'll be, and immediately start campaigning for the next presidential election when we'll surely all be crawling and begging for him to come back.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    I'm trying to avoid thinking about this as much as possible, which is exactly why I'm here reading this forum thread.

I'm some sort of weird masochist for anxiety, apparently.
    I think we're all going to be in that boat until Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

He's the first president in modern times where that is a legitimate issue. If he lost, and then said the elections were rigged, and then refused to leave, and got his insane fan base riled up - that's just about the worst thing I could think happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    I guess that's kind of why I'm here too - it's comforting knowing that I'm not alone in feeling this way. As much as I don't want others to feel as nervous about this as I do, it helps to know there are others who can relate to it.
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually somehow worse knowing it won't be done tomorrow.

The election is tomorrow, but the results? Probably won't know until early Wednesday morning, which is going to make tomorrow draaaaaag.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Thread/page31

No joke this time.

Just look at all the red tags and read them.
    Wtf is going on... well, as we have seen in the past, everytime Skroe gets banned, something good happens in the US. I expect a resounding victory for congress and hey, even an upset an the senate. The power of Skroe bans is real.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account

Fun part about 2020 will be the Census. The whole "are you a citizen!" question is going to court right now.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Voting for the first time tomorrow after I naturalized in July.

Will be going before work - already told my boss I might be a bit late depending on how busy the polling station is.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    I guess that's kind of why I'm here too - it's comforting knowing that I'm not alone in feeling this way. As much as I don't want others to feel as nervous about this as I do, it helps to know there are others who can relate to it.
    It is comforting to see others outraged at what is going on and deeply concerned for our future. Post and vent.

- - - Updated - - -

It's actually somehow worse knowing it won't be done tomorrow.

The election is tomorrow, but the results? Probably won't know until early Wednesday morning, which is going to make tomorrow draaaaaag.
    Agreed. Many tight races might come down to recounts. I know I'll be up all night tomorrow.

7+ Year Old Account
    The amount of conspiracy posts by Texas conservatives and woke independents has been crazy, they are so afraid of Beto. I really hope he wins, but the gerrymandering is real bad in Texas, one of the worse in the nation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Refusing to leave is just postponing defeat, no he'll try and dress it up as a win because he accomplished so much, then tell us all how sorry we'll be, and immediately start campaigning for the next presidential election when we'll surely all be crawling and begging for him to come back.
    You know, that's a good point. And thinking more about that situation, it wouldn't really matter if he refused to leave. We have constitutional provisions in place that would push him out no matter how hard he cried. The outgoing president doesn't resign, they are just done. When President Beto is sworn in, Trump can cry in corner for all the good it will do. His "orders" will be invalid (except for the Jumbo KFC Bucket and Gallon 'o Diet Coke).

I wonder if he would try and run again (if he lost).

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If he lasts till 2020 and loses, I half expect him to try and hurry and move to Russia before investigations are underway without protection from the Republicans.

But honestly don't expect him to lose gracefully either way, he will probably have to be fought to step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Congratulations! I got naturalized before the 2000 election, haven't really regretted it yet...

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    The amount of conspiracy posts by Texas conservatives and woke independents has been crazy, they are so afraid of Beto. I really hope he wins, but the gerrymandering is real bad in Texas, one of the worse in the nation.
    I think that's a good sign. They're scared shitless.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post

Will be going before work - already told my boss I might be a bit late depending on how busy the polling station is.
    Congrats! On both items.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the article where a GOP operative snuck into Beto's campaign and went undercover for a few months?

Preparing to be disappointed Wednesday morning.

Actually I don't care. It is what it is.

Fortunately gerrymandering has little effect on senate races.