Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    y u changeeeeeee
    Because Morag.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Arthur Jones (the GOP candidate for Illinois's 3rd congressional district who also just happens to be a Nazi) will be defeated by his Democrat opponent.

He received about 26% of the vote. 26% of people in that district (over 50,000 people) would rather vote for a literal Nazi than a Democrat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    If Scott walker loses, you'll change your avatar to a draenei?
    that too.....(ugh its back down to a 1200 vote lead.)
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cainejw View Post
    Florida will be down to the wire and possible in recount territory.
    What is the deal with Florida? Ever since 2001 they've been like this.
    Putin khuliyo

I have noticed that a great many people disappeared once the results started to turn.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Nice lie m8
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG won't "retire" with Cheeto in office. She'll only go out without a Dem in the White House if she dies. And she appears to be immortal.

But I love that your only viable response now is to falsely claim lies. It's adorable when reality sweeps down on the deplorables.

Why is Trump and the GOP so concerned about Trump's tax records becoming public? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Arthur Jones (the GOP candidate for Illinois's 3rd congressional district who also just happens to be a Nazi) will be defeated by his Democrat opponent.

He received about 26% of the vote. 26% of people in that district (over 50,000 people) would rather vote for a literal Nazi than a Democrat.
    It is truly sad how far people will go when it comes to political tribalism.

10+ Year Old Account

Although I bet the majority of them didn't know about the "Nazi" bit and just saw the "R."
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    At least we made Cruz sweat.
    Do snakes sweat though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maine is giving me a headache right now.

Our Republican incumbent and his Democratic challenger are right now within a few hundred votes of each other. They've been passing each other all night.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Although I bet the majority of them didn't know about the "Nazi" bit and just saw the "R."
    How many people think that "D" is worse than a nazi though? I've seen plenty of people trying to justify unite the right or give them moral equivalency.

Another election and another governor in FL that I voted against.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I caught part of Ted Cruz's victory speech, which is probably the smuggest such speech I've ever heard. There's such a thing as a sore winner, and that's exactly what he proved he is.
    The Republicans at large have been sore winners since 2016 and angry. Obama said it best.

"Why is it that the folks who won the last election are so mad all the time?” Obama joked, referencing President Trump's election in 2016.

“I mean, like, when I won the presidency, at least my side felt pretty good. It tells you something interesting, that even the folks in charge are still mad, because they’re getting ginned up to be mad."
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...so-mad-all-the

Elderly Republican voters in the mainland and panhandle versus younger and more diverse Democratic voters in the population epicenters of Tampa, Miami, and Palm Beach. Add in ye olde gerrymander and you have a perfect recipe for electoral hijinks!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

And that's the GOP for you. Deplorable to the end. Not a "nazi" - but a literal nazi. The GOP just needs to go, the sooner the better. Regroup and come back the way they were - leaders and policy advocates. Not tribalistic party over people/country idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not sure two is quite a few, but whatever makes you feel better. Like you've been told several times already, the map couldn't have been more unfavorable for the DNC - in fact historically it hasn't ever been worse. 2020 sees only 8 DNC seats up with 20 GOP seats - and if you thing "red" means "safe" then you haven't been paying attention tonight at all. And it doesn't matter - reality trumps your feels.
    I haven't seen a single incumbent GOP senator lose tonight, not one. Meanwhile the Democrats have lost seats they were expected to hold such as Florida (most likely) and Indiana, meanwhile they've lost Missouri and North Dakota as well (that puts the GOP at 3 seats btw not 2).
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Well my state is screwed. Manchin won, and it looks like a circuit court judge I voted for might win but literally everyone else lost. We even voted for an amendment to the state constitution against abortion.

Guys, something crazy is looking to happen today. Utah is looking like it's going to legalize medical cannabis. Fucking Utah!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    I haven't seen a single incumbent GOP senator lose tonight, not one. Meanwhile the Democrats have lost seats they were expected to hold such as Florida (most likely) and Indiana, meanwhile they've lost Missouri and North Dakota as well (that puts the GOP at 3 seats btw not 2).
    And the Dems were giving up far more seats than the GOP, that makes sense. None of the losses in the Senate were any real surprise.

The House didn't have too many surprises either, so it would appear the pollsters did a fairly good job.

A lot of white people's brains turn into warm cottage cheese when they turn 65, and a many of them move to places like this. The state is called "Hell's Waiting Room" for a reason.