7+ Year Old Account

Mystery 8v8 FFA Is The Best Arcade Gamemode

Will I get a main? Will I get Lucio for the third f*ing time? The only thing that I know is that I'm having a great time.

I wish this gamemode was available all the time with a reserved Arcade slot like standard 8v8.

It makes 8v8 FFA 1,000x better because you can more effectively suppress the top player, alleviating the problem of 1 player dominating the map on their main, resulting in longer games with more players vying for the top 4 slots as they switch between heroes with which they have varying degrees of skill.

It makes Mystery Heroes 1,000x better because players have a harder time holding onto a main when it's 7 people out to get you, rather than 6 with 5 others potentially backing you up; thus creating a fantastic environment to try a lot of different heroes in action without pissing off grumpy teammates in QP.

Whenever this gamemode is available, I end up playing it well after I've run out of Arcade boxes because I enjoy it so much. Does anyone else feel this way?

(I didn't see another thread about this so sorry if there is)

It's just as unfun to me as the original mystery heroes because of the simple fact that the dice decides the outcome randomly. Just because you know how to play different heroes doesn't mean you won't be repeatedly given something that doesn't suit the current situation - not everything wins against everything unless you are drastically above the opposition, and you won't be if you aren't smurfing. Regarding the top player on their main my experience is the opposite, they are harder to stop when you can't pick something to effectively counter them and people won't cooperate to do it. Even if you finally do get something to stop them with, other people tend to interfere and pile on you while you fight them and then promptly get killed by them afterwards... HELLO?

Even those times when it's me who dominates I recognize the dice rolled in my favor... meh. I prefer to have control over what I can do and how to handle problems, and that my opponent can do the same, it makes things more interesting. But each to their own, if you're having fun with it more power to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fun and good for practicing various heroes, but it's horrible if you're trying to get your weekly wins because you can get screwed by bad picks. Mystery heroes in general has major issues with snowballing.

Personally I think you should keep like 25-30% of your ult charge every time you die in a Mystery Heroes mode.

In general I'd also like for them to introduce Deathmatch variants with only Damage heroes (and maybe a variant with only Support; only Tank would probably be a disaster). Most people consider Roadhog, Brigitte, and Moira to be extremely cheap in Deathmatch and it'd be nice to just eliminate them from the pool for a week every month or two.

I prefer the FFA DM Mystery version to Mystery Heroes for the sole reason that everyone is potentially getting as screwed as I am, and when they _do_ get something they can play competently they won't potentially have 5 people backing them up. (It's lovely going up against a miraculous 2-2-2 setup with 4 dps and 2 tanks, 3 of which are healer mains. Not.)

Yeah man can't wait to spawn again as mercy when everyone has hog/mccree/reaper etc, really fun and exciting gameplay not being able to select the hero you want to play )))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    "In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."
    | CPU - i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper - 212 EVO | MB - MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | RAM - 4x HYPERX Savage Black 4GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 | HDD #1 - 600GB Western Digital WDC | HDD #2 2TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM | SSD - HyperX Fury 240GB | PSU - LC-POWER LC8750III @750W | Mouse - Logitech G600 | KB - Logitech G910

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Justice View Post
    Yeah man can't wait to spawn again as mercy when everyone has hog/mccree/reaper etc, really fun and exciting gameplay not being able to select the hero you want to play )))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Then Mystery Heroes isn't for you. It's for the people who enjoy and find it exciting to have random heroes thrown at them to try and master / win.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how people can be so different. I never thought about killing myself, before trying this mode.

This take the worst of 2 worlds, DM and Mystery heroes and combine them. In my opinion, chosing hero is a big necessity to have fun and Deathmatch is already so insanely broken I don't even play regular DM.

Though, the concept is interesting, and if they fix the scoring system of Deathmatch, I would try this again but in it's current form it made me depressed. By fixing the scoring system I mean that assists NEED to give something. Example, score, kill = 5 score, assist where you dealt 75% dmg or more = 3 score, 50% dmg = 2 score, 25% dmg or less 1 score, or something similar.

The current system rewards kill stealers and punish damage dealers who are unlucky with kill blow, which makes it unplayable for me

However, having said all that, I still think it's good that Blizzard experiment and honestely, all non-event arcade modes should be avaliable at all times. WHY do they limit it, makes 0 sense.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Then Mystery Heroes isn't for you. It's for the people who enjoy and find it exciting to have random heroes thrown at them to try and master / win.
    Why can’t people enjoy that but still not be happy with an RNG system when it screws you over. As he put it, getting Mercy multiple times in a row while others get players that stomp her feels terrible.
    The reverse is also true, where you get a hero you’re amazing with and the enemy players are terrible with.
    Doesn’t mean that randomness playing against you repeatedly is fun.
    That being said, I’ll try it and see what happens as I enjoy mystery heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Why can’t people enjoy that but still not be happy with an RNG system when it screws you over. As he put it, getting Mercy multiple times in a row while others get players that stomp her feels terrible.
    The reverse is also true, where you get a hero you’re amazing with and the enemy players are terrible with.
    Doesn’t mean that randomness playing against you repeatedly is fun.
    That being said, I’ll try it and see what happens as I enjoy mystery heroes.
    Considering you can't get the same hero multiple times in a row. They fixed that quite awhile back.

You also seem to miss the part he was complaining about

really fun and exciting gameplay not being able to select the hero you want to play
    That is the point of Mystery Heroes, not being able to select who you want to play. Arguing whether RNG is nice to you on heroes is a different topic, but not one they were essentially complaining about.

I'm actually going to have to refute the 'same hero multiple times in a row' thing unless they fixed it in the last 1-3 weeks. They might have lessened the chance but I clearly recall getting Pharah two times in a row and possibly Mercy too when the Halloween Chateu Mystery Deathmatch was running. Naturally without retaining any ult charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    I'm actually going to have to refute the 'same hero multiple times in a row' thing unless they fixed it in the last 1-3 weeks. They might have lessened the chance but I clearly recall getting Pharah two times in a row and possibly Mercy too when the Halloween Chateu Mystery Deathmatch was running. Naturally without retaining any ult charge.
    Yeah, this has happened to me; however, after Lucetia’s response I looked it up and i did find a post that this wasn’t supposed to happen anymore. I didn’t argue it because when it happened to me it was a while ago so I figured this was a decent change or maybe I remembered something wrong and I ended up suiciding because I was able to go do pong before going out of bounds from someone’s hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yup I love this mode too. It's random and actually requires knowing how to play more than one hero to have a chance at winning.
    Agreed! Its really good practice!

Also, nothing compares to feeling like a playground bully when you randomly get your main lol.