Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde Guardian 2v2 viable comps.

So I PvP as Guardian since I love the idea behind it. I play a Guardian/Feral comp, and while we virtually cannot lose against 2xDPS comps, our big bane is DPS + Healer comps.
    It all comes down to the lack of CCs from our part and ironically enough the Guardian's natural tankiness since most people see a Guardian with 250k+ health and they say "fuck it we kill the other guy". Even with Den Mother + Demo Roar + Protector of the Pack + Resto Affinity, I can't help my Feral partner if he is gets trained and can't kite properly and take the pressure off him.

So for anyone out there with any experience to such a niche demand, Which comp you think would work better with a Guardian in 2s?

Best comp for guardian is being a spectator while your partner plays with a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Best comp for guardian is being a spectator while your partner plays with a mage.
    Hahaha, nice one. I found though that a Retri Pala works a little bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-Blade View Post
    Hahaha, nice one. I found though that a Retri Pala works a little bit better.
    You have no decent peel, you have no decent lockdown, you have no decent damage, enemy team will just ignore you and you're dead weight dragging down whoever you que with because you're too stubborn to respec feral or resto.

A protection paladin or a disc priest. If ya gotta go cancer, go full cancer.

You have no decent peel, you have no decent lockdown, you have no decent damage, enemy team will just ignore you and you're dead weight dragging down whoever you que with because you're too stubborn to respec feral or resto.
    Ok you seem to either deliberately ignore the main subject of the topic or you don't seem to understand it.
    1. Yes, it is clearly implied that I want to try guardian only, so no other specs are considered, I think it was already clear from the TITLE of the post.
    2. I'm not dragging anyone down. Whoever joins me, whether it is a friend or a total stranger, is doing so by their own free will. They already know what they sign up for before they join.

Also you obviously lack insight on the strengths and capabilities of the Guardian just by saying "you have no decent damage", probably because you never tried it.

So i kindly suggest that, if you have nothing constructive to add to the subject of this thread, just stop wasting your time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    A protection paladin or a disc priest. If ya gotta go cancer, go full cancer.
    Yeah I thought of double Guardian for a full cancer combo. Prot Pallies are very squishy.
    Last edited by Johny-Blade; 2018-10-23 at 09:49 AM.

There's no viable comps for a guardian druid and that is the only correct answer. If you're looking forward to winning any games that is..

10+ Year Old Account
    our big bane is DPS + Healer comps.
    So almost every single comp then.

I think you need to play with a healer and win at very high dampening. Shamans tend to not go oom very fast and are able to keep up through dampening quite well. They can also play electrocute, which can be super effective to score a kill late game. Monks or paladins with way of the crane/melee wings might also work. Either way you'll probably just have to be livelords for a while, and eventually start to get pressure as dampening increases.

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    So almost every single comp then.

I think you need to play with a healer and win at very high dampening. Shamans tend to not go oom very fast and are able to keep up through dampening quite well. They can also play electrocute, which can be super effective to score a kill late game. Monks or paladins with way of the crane/melee wings might also work. Either way you'll probably just have to be livelords for a while, and eventually start to get pressure as dampening increases.
    Thank you for the very insightful response, I might try it. In 3v3 that's how guardian teams play, spread pressure and outlasting their opponents and it works pretty well.

I have also been trying Prot Pala + DPS, and he actually seems better in 2s than the Guardian. While not even close to being durable or bringing the same amount of damage as the Guardian, the Pala brings more utility via more CC and immunities to help his teammate survive while bursting down the enemy and he can create larger CC chains to keep the pressure on your side.
    Also the fact that Prot is not as durable makes him a viable target to focus on, thus further increasing the survivability of his teamate. Guardian's survivability can be his bane sometimes.
    Last edited by Johny-Blade; 2018-11-02 at 08:54 AM.

Your paladin is useless if he can't output more damage than a guardian, at least you've benched the guardian and are dragging a team mate down very slightly less.

Your paladin is useless if he can't output more damage than a guardian, at least you've benched the guardian and are dragging a team mate down very slightly less.
    You are the epitome of a toxic clueless person. Damn boi.

Depends what you consider viable? I doubt you can get guardian above 1800 with anything, so I'd say there isn't a viable comp for guardian...

What's your highest rating you got with that spec?

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Depends what you consider viable? I doubt you can get guardian above 1800 with anything, so I'd say there isn't a viable comp for guardian...

What's your highest rating you got with that spec?
    In 2s I couldn't push past 1500 since my partner was getting trained hard and our combined CC was not enough to relief pressure.
    In 3s Im at 1700 atm and pushing. There are teams with guardian druids in 3s all the way up to 2200.
    But 2s is another story altogether, I would be more than happy to make Guardian work even in 1800 in 2s.

As I stated in the beginning this is a niche demand, not expecting much out of it. I obviously know what I'm getting into, I just like trying to make it work a bit better, and any partner I have played with had as much fun trying to making it work as I did, since they joined on their own volition.

Well for me "viable" means it can reach very high ratings and is generally limited by your skill, that's why I don't think there are any viable guardian comps, esp for 2v2.

That said, I understand the appeal of playing something more... unconventional, especially when you can smash some noobs with it. You probably have to figure out on your own what works for guardian in 2s, as I don't think many people got any experience running that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well for me "viable" means it can reach very high ratings and is generally limited by your skill, that's why I don't think there are any viable guardian comps, esp for 2v2.

That said, I understand the appeal of playing something more... unconventional, especially when you can smash some noobs with it. You probably have to figure out on your own what works for guardian in 2s, as I don't think many people got any experience running that spec.
    Thanks for the respectful response!!! I guess as you said, I will have to keep on digging on the spec and find out what works best and what not by myself

Deleted
    Thanks for the respectful response!!! I guess as you said, I will have to keep on digging on the spec and find out what works best and what not by myself
    This is not to bash you or anything, just 100% curious.

How come you prefer a tank spec in arena to a dps spec? Especially in 2s where it might imposible to kill something until high dampening.

So you basically wanna be a tank and a healer? Just play battlegrounds if you want to pvp as a tank no point giving cancer to the guys that want to cap weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    So you basically wanna be a tank and a healer? Just play battlegrounds if you want to pvp as a tank no point giving cancer to the guys that want to cap weekly.
    You keep me motivated

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    This is not to bash you or anything, just 100% curious.

How come you prefer a tank spec in arena to a dps spec? Especially in 2s where it might imposible to kill something until high dampening.
    Well I like the Guardian fantasy, protecting your allies, reducing incoming damage etc. It works in 3s so I wanted to try it out in 2s. I do play DPS in arena, just not a Druid.
    Also it makes me happy when I play something I like even if its not the optimal (OMFG2800RATINGORGOHOMESCRUB) choice and I actually manage to make it work to some extend. That's what most haters are unable to comprehend and that makes it even more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Johny-Blade; 2018-11-05 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    You keep me motivated

Well I like the Guardian fantasy, protecting your allies, reducing incoming damage etc. It works in 3s so I wanted to try it out in 2s. I do play DPS in arena, just not a Druid.
    Also it makes me happy when I play something I like even if its not the optimal (OMFG2800RATINGORGOHOMESCRUB) choice and I actually manage to make it work to some extend. That's what most haters are unable to comprehend and that makes it even more enjoyable.
    Alright, you do you! Obv you can win to some extend - 3s is prob the best place then, as you have a dedicated healer and dps, along with you doing abit of both

You keep me motivated

LOL, I like it man, I have been leveling up a druid just for the same thing. I know it isn't super perfect but I love the idea of Den Mother, just the name of the PVP talent makes me laugh!

It is to bad people have to be so Basic Becky all up in here all the time. As if you are like ruining the game by not running the best spec AT ALL TIMES. Sometimes you want to have fun and try to do weird things, you never know it might just work out and at least it will be fun to try.

I think part of it is that there are some folks who just can't stand to lose at all. So if you are going to lose... might as well not even try. Me personally, doesn't bother me, it is how you get better, etc. Plus I kind of like thinking when we zone into arena as Prot Pally/BM Hunter people are just like WTF lol but then sometimes we smash the shit out of them So I am kind of excited to do the same with a Druid.

Ah well, I like it and if you find any other fun strats or builds post em, I am curious!