Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hallows End 2018, Patch 8.1 - Chain Heal, Blue Posts, Dancecraft

Hallows End 2018 Now Live
    Hallow's End is now live again from October 18th to November 1st. There were a few changes this year:

• Headless Horseman's Hearthstone - New toy purchased for 150 Tricky Treat.
    • Headless Horseman rings are now 335 item level.
    • Characters who have completed the Battle for Lordaeron event will need to speak with Zidormi in Tirisfal Glades to pass through the mists of time and visit Undercity as it was before.

Further Clarification on Chain Heal changes in the PTR
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Quick update: the buff will have a longer duration in the next build. It is intended to be less of a "press button when it lights up" proc, and more something you can plan to use. This also should take stress off of knowing exactly when it will trigger (which is not something we want the talent to be about micromanaging).

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What do Community Managers do?
    Just curious. 9 to 5. What does their day look like?
    I would encourage everyone here to read Bashiok's original "A Day In The Life" as its still very relevant to some of the things I do. The Office Spade reference he makes to describe CMing is too real that its painful.

My day to day differs a little bit since this was a few years back so it might be a refreshing thing to do a new one of these. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

But it turns out Blizzard literally has a dedicated timeslot for people to play video games.
    This differs from team to team, so some do it and some don't. It's mainly done as team building exercises. Wouldn't you rather play games with your coworkers and bond that way? It's also only when we have the time to play, my team for example has ours scheduled on Fridays after our last team meeting for the week for the last 2 hours of our typical "workday". This often gets cancelled though as we might have projects that we're working on. We haven't had ours for a few weeks so we've been playing on the weekends or after work. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Anyway, I am fascinated by some of the responses here. You have a job description, an anecdotal account by Bashiok, and further clarification from Ythisens and many of you persist in acting like they get paid to do nothing. Unbelievable.
    In their defense its understandable since most of what we do is behind the scenes. When you see a drop off in blue posts and all you know us from is that then you can be left wondering "Wait I thought you do this? Why are you not doing this?". I think that's fair but I'd rather establish why that might be the case for that moment as the activity of blue posts comes in waves based on what we have to communicate as well as our extra time to do it.

Right now for example a lot of my week has been taken up by BlizzCon tasks and projects versus not anything I have at the moment to communicate, so I delay the posting to take care of those things. That also means that by writing this post now I'm procrastinating that a little >.>

We obviously have things in the pipe communication wise to get to you but just not ready to be fired out to you guys yet. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Rudeism's Dancecraft 3
    @Rudeism will be streaming leveling from 110 to 120 on DDR mats, no hands allowed on Sunday 1PM NZT / Saturday 5PM PST!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard didn't even do any Hallow's End stuff with BfA.

I guess they were too busy being rushed by the Sales People to put candy buckets in KT/Zandalar

The lack of updates to holiday events are such a missed opportunity imo. At least update the models if you can't allocate the resources to create new content.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Blizzard didn't even do any Hallow's End stuff with BfA.

I guess they were too busy being rushed by the Sales People to put candy buckets in KT/Zandalar
    Seriously, trick or treating in Drustvar would have been awesome!

Also, what does the Headless Horseman's Hearthstone do?

AND... what's so confusing about "bring me the head of the Headless Horseman!?" He has a head, it's just not attached to his shoulders!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Seriously, trick or treating in Drustvar would have been awesome!

Also, what does the Headless Horseman's Hearthstone do?

AND... what's so confusing about "bring me the head of the Headless Horseman!?" He has a head, it's just not attached to his shoulders!
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=163045/...ns-hearthstone

It puts a circle of flames around your feet and a jack-o-lantern on your head while casting. At the completion of the cast, you let out a Headless Horseman laugh.

Definitely gonna watch that 110-120 with DDR mats.

Still wondering how someone even set up WoW to work with dance mats if I'm honest.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Still wondering how someone even set up WoW to work with dance mats if I'm honest.
    If he pick BM Hunter he could level him even by using only head. ;P

I love that there are free games that do a better job with holidays than the largest MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jk5834 View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=163045/...ns-hearthstone

It puts a circle of flames around your feet and a jack-o-lantern on your head while casting. At the completion of the cast, you let out a Headless Horseman laugh.
    Ooh, that sounds pretty sweet. I asked because I'm at work and just found out about it here. So its just effects or it takes you somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frackas View Post
    The lack of updates to holiday events are such a missed opportunity imo. At least update the models if you can't allocate the resources to create new content.

Imagine a brand new player. All the farm he has to do to get everything... overwhelming

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, that sounds pretty sweet. I asked because I'm at work and just found out about it here. So its just effects or it takes you somewhere?
    It's a toy that replaces your hearthstone, similar to the Innkeeper's Daughter. Note that they do share a cooldown, so it's not a bonus hearth.

It's a toy that replaces your hearthstone, similar to the Innkeeper's Daughter. Note that they do share a cooldown, so it's not a bonus hearth.
    And one I imagine only lasts through the Hallow's End event. Um... sounds cool but not sure it's worth the 150 Hallow's End currency, Then again, I have nothing else to buy with it. A bonus hearth would have been sweet.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And one I imagine only lasts through the Hallow's End event. Um... sounds cool but not sure it's worth the 150 Hallow's End currency, Then again, I have nothing else to buy with it. A bonus hearth would have been sweet.
    No. Because it's a toy, it's permanent. I recommend reading the wowhead entry I linked. It answers all questions you've had so far and provides images of the cast.

Should of been Dance for Azeroth, lol.

No. Because it's a toy, it's permanent. I recommend reading the wowhead entry I linked. It answers all questions you've had so far and provides images of the cast.
    I will when I'm at home, the filter at work doesn't let me see all web sites, but appreciate the link and explanations.

Been farming that mout since bc And no luck ffs

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will when I'm at home, the filter at work doesn't let me see all web sites, but appreciate the link and explanations.
    Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

They are just buttons. you just tell your machine what button you are pressing when you press it. Try watching the videos of the guy that plays Hanzo with a nerf bow.

Aren't there toys that you can only use during certain holidays.

The fact none of the BfA zones were decorated for Hallow's End pretty much solidifies that this expansion was never initially intended for a summer release.