Why is blur of talons suddenly simming higher than reorigination +10

Seen here: https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#h...tacking&tier=3

It suddenly jumped up this week and I'm not sure why. Some buff I missed?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

RA is a passive that is enabled by having at least one trait active of Laser Matrix or Archive of the Titans. You only want one of these traits (but you definitely want at least 1), as evidenced by that graph. Nobody should be trying to stack 3 of them. Pretty clear that Blur of Talons is OP, so you probably want your other 2 traits to be that.

People seem to have alot of trouble reading these 3x bar graphs on traits. In most cases there's a trait you want one of (like an RA trait) and one you want to stack the hell out of. In that case you're only looking at the 1x of the RA trait, which is obviously powerful. Then the 2x of the Blur, which is obviously the best to stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    RA is a passive that is enabled by having at least one trait active of Laser Matrix or Archive of the Titans. You only want one of these traits (but you definitely want at least 1), as evidenced by that graph. Nobody should be trying to stack 3 of them. Pretty clear that Blur of Talons is OP, so you probably want your other 2 traits to be that.

People seem to have alot of trouble reading these 3x bar graphs on traits. In most cases there's a trait you want one of (like an RA trait) and one you want to stack the hell out of. In that case you're only looking at the 1x of the RA trait, which is obviously powerful. Then the 2x of the Blur, which is obviously the best to stack.
    Sounds like you're having some issues reading.

Blur of talons used to sim lower, but suddenly yesterday began simming higher. Even if you removed your shoulders and helmet entirely and just wore a chestpiece, and therefore had to choose between RA and BoT, it says to pick BoT. That would be giving up, what, 600+ haste?

Seems more likely to be a broken sim or crazy RNG, unless there was a hotfix this week that changed BoT.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

No it doesn't, it says that the first rank of archive adds 1993dps while the first rank of blur of talons adds 1372dps.

3x BOT beats 3x archive but nobody is suggesting that you run 3x archive. The best setup would be e.g. 1x archive, 2x BOT. That setup is not on the sim list because you can't list every combo of traits, the list would be miles long and the sim would take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Sounds like you're having some issues reading.

Blur of talons used to sim lower, but suddenly yesterday began simming higher. Even if you removed your shoulders and helmet entirely and just wore a chestpiece, and therefore had to choose between RA and BoT, it says to pick BoT. That would be giving up, what, 600+ haste?

Seems more likely to be a broken sim or crazy RNG, unless there was a hotfix this week that changed BoT.
    I'm having no issues reading. I'm trying to explain the poor wording of your choice of title phrasing. RA isn't a trait, it's a passive enabled by 2 actual traits. And it's also weird to compare an OP spec trait to something you don't try to stack 3 of anyway.

As to why, the usual answer to that, pending some ingame hotfix which in this case I don't think happened, is that they hotfixed the simc APL to better match the game data. I'm not a survival expert by no means, but I've seen this happen in the other specs.

Edit: looking at Azor's chart on IV, he's had Blur at the top since Sep 25th if his update note is accurate, so this doesn't appear to be some "just happened recently" deal. It could just be that bloodmallet was slow on their sims, which is why I prefer IV over bloodmallet when it comes to this stuff.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2018-10-19 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Edit: looking at Azor's chart on IV, he's had Blur at the top since Sep 25th if his update note is accurate, so this doesn't appear to be some "just happened recently" deal. It could just be that bloodmallet was slow on their sims, which is why I prefer IV over bloodmallet when it comes to this stuff.
    Not sure what that has to do with bloodmallet. The opinions of whatever streamer aren't really relevant anyway. He's still got Alpha Predator as not recommended despite basically every top SV hunter in the game using it.

Not sure what that has to do with bloodmallet. The opinions of whatever streamer aren't really relevant anyway. He's still got Alpha Predator as not recommended despite basically every top SV hunter in the game using it.
    Azor "the god" tharion not being considered relevant for hunter stuff ... WOW

Well, according to you he was ahead of the curve on this, so maybe you ought to pay a bit more attention to this particular "streamer"

Sims aren't based on opinion, they are as close to objective measurements as you can get, any differences come from how you carry out the measurement, baseline profile and so on.

The guide is and has always been up to date about Alpha Predator. Just because you can't/won't read it and say that it says X, doesn't mean that it actually does. Maybe read before you criticize. Then again, if you bothered to read the guide you wouldn't have had to make this thread.

There is a reason that the top SV build that we can make for the front page of SimulationCraft, for example, actually doesn't use Alpha Predator. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...5UBmcQUZM7YeqD

I am a guidewriter first, theorycrafter second, "streamer" third.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2018-10-19 at 07:34 PM.

Maybe stop being a kid and actually read what the guide says instead of just skimming through the pretty pictures shown?

You silly bullseyed, you silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you can't even read a bloodmallet chart properly then you shouldn't bother touching Alpha Predator.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The fights in Uldyr benefit Alpha Predator a lot. Whenever you have to switch targets Alpha becomes the better choice.

That is said in the guide you didn't read though.

Serpent Sting uptime is not very important during CA. Any focus you spend on SS will directly mean less focus spent on Mongoose Bites, therefore less CA uptime overall which is pretty crucial for Blur.

The current SimC APL never casts SS during CA with Alpha Predator chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Serpent Sting uptime is not very important during CA. Any focus you spend on SS will directly mean less focus spent on Mongoose Bites, therefore less CA uptime overall which is pretty crucial for Blur.

The current SimC APL never casts SS during CA with Alpha Predator chosen.
    Yes, I deleted the previous question as I found out myself after some testing too. Thanks for the answer.