Resto Cooldown Management

First off, I don't think I'm doing terrible, as we're killing bosses, but I want to do better. I've currently healed heroic 7/8, but I seem to get crushed on meters by a holy paladin, no matter how well I feel I do, and I believe it is due to my cool down management.

Armory - Fixen-Stormrage (wont let me post link) you can also wow logs me.

Any advice on talents/how you use your cooldowns to maximize would be greatly appreciated. Also, azerite traits, what are must have traits to help overall healing throughput. Thanks for your input, .

Posting logs will help much more.

In a nutshell, you are a proactive rather than reactive healer. If you know big raid wide damage is coming out, like cudgel on taloc, cast tranquility just Before it hits. Other classes have reactionary spells, so if you wait until the damage has already happened, much of your throughput is wasted.

Also, if bosses are dying, and people aren't taking unnecessary damage, healing meters don't matter in the least.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=577848,577848

So, I notice a couple of things. Your cw usage is pretty low, that should be cast on CD. You also have around 30 fewer total casts than your pally, and as a resto druid (or any caster/healer) the rule is ABC, always be casting. Your uptime on life bloom should be 100%, and it looks like you didn't use flourish at all, which is a massive throughput loss. Generally speaking, you want to use flourish right after wg then tranq, or after rejuving a bunch of folks right before big damage goes out if tranq isn't up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Fatwhacker said, You're wasting an entire talent row by never using one of your biggest cooldowns: Flourish.

Use it after casting Tranq if there is consistent incoming damage expected or use it for a separate damage phase while tranq is on CD.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

First of all you dont have to beat a healer if you are doing fine/killing bosses. For raids mana save options pick abundance cultivation inner piece flourish, cultivation can be weak compared to tree of life. You can pick tree aswell.
    If you want raid survival/ burst heal pick prosperity soul of the forest, inner piece flourish. If there is big damage ongoing even after tranq: use Tranq wild growth flourish, if damage ends after tranq and everyone healty dont press flourish. When tranq on cd Use flourish after rejuv spam and wild growth.

Deleted
    Going to compare my log with yours. We're using 2 healers for 13 people. You are using 4 healers for 21 people.

Your uptime on lifebloom is really bad. On your Vectis kill it was 10%. Your Lifebloom hot healed 45k while mine healed 450k (and my uptime was pretty bad on this pull).

You are also not getting value out of your rejuvenations. One reason for this could be that you are playing 4 healers for 21 people but on Vectis the damage should be consistent so I still think you should get more value out of them. Are you casting rejuv on people with Omega Vector? Pre hotting people with high stacks of Lingering Infection before Contagion? You casted 82 rejuvenation and I casted 81. Your rejuvenation healed someone 435 times and mine healed people for 717 times. Your average tick was for 2.2k and mine was for 2.8k.

Also work on your Efflorescence placement and uptime. You had a decent uptime, 1 less cast than me, 61% uptime. However mine did an average of 136k healing per cast and yours only did 88k.

Swiftmend useage seems to be fine.

Try to use less Regrowth.

Again, some of the differences can be due to the fact that you are more healers but in general I think you need to work on your target selection. I haven't checked when you cast Wild Growth but at least you are using it frequently. You get decent numbers out of it as well. Don't use Germination unless your doing only tank healing. I would also recommend you to use Tiger Dash instead of Renewal. Flourish instead of Germination.

Edit:Had to check when you use Wild Growth. Seems like you casting it "on random" a little bit. You try to save it (unless you need to cast it of course) to after Contagion hit. There is aslo a gap between 3:43 and 4:41 where don't cast a single Wild Growth. You should almost cast it on cooldown and only hold if you know that you can get better value out of it in the next 10-15 seconds.

Another point. You casted your only Tree of Life 4:37 into the fight. Its a powerful cooldown, don't hold it for that long. It also lasts for 30 seconds and you killed the boss 24 seconds after you casted it. Meaning you didn't even get full value out of your single cast.
    Last edited by mmoc1ec8e0a79f; 2018-10-23 at 06:49 AM.

With already a couple of very good explanations, I would recommend you to analyze your logs with https://wowanalyzer.com/ so you can do it yourself in the future.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow