10+ Year Old Account

IoC boss dying quickly/ bugged? (pre-120)

So I have been leveling toons via PVP. Its a decent way to level and work on achievements and honor at the same time. However during IOC the enemy team melted our boss. The problem isnt amazing DPS, its the boss HP dropping by chucks in seconds.

I stealthed into my bosses room to attempt to wipe the raid and personally saw the follow events:

During the first one, It was 3 dudes (DH Tank, mage and shaman) 3 manned the boss in less than 4 seconds

The second time the enemy raid was steady chipping away at the bosses HP then him dropped from 80% to 13% to zero in 2 seconds.

I went from a 50ish% win rate a day to 0 due to this. No matter how far ahead we are, almost as soon as they drop our gates its over.

Has anyone else run into this? There is no massive damage on the scoreboards so am not sure how its happening

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Seaforium bombs or whatever they are called. You can pick them up outside the keep, and you can pick up another bomb at workshop for a total of 2 bombs in your inventory. Drop them at his feet for big burst. At least at 120 they do crazy damage (I've seen them do up to 2 million, not sure what they scale with). I assume at low levels the scaling is off and they do even crazier damage.

I was not aware you could carry two bombs. Im going to be recommending that now in every game im in.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    I went from a 50ish% win rate a day to 0 due to this. No matter how far ahead we are, almost as soon as they drop our gates its over.
    Not to put too fine a point on it...

but they shouldn't be breaching your gate. On a good game, you cap the Mid and cap the Hangar. You use the hangar to sweep the cannons clear for the demos, and you have 10-ish on D to take out Glaives.

They never get your gate past 80% if you're doing it right.

Im.... holy hell, 34 and 6 in IOC since expansion launch. Its so easy to win that BG with a modicum of coordination... but the "boss rushdown" no longer works.

You HAVE to prevent the other team from having 2 sources of gate damage. If you let them have glaives + hangar, and try to just use Demos, or Demos + Glaives, or whatever, you WILL lose. The days of going hard at one source of damage (particularly Hangar drops) and rushing the boss down are long gone.

IF your team loses the fight for mid, MOST should fall back to the front area of your keep, and destroy the demos as they come up the road, supported by the cannons. Your team should keep control of the Hangar and both resource nodes. If you destroy the Demos as they approach, D can stall them long enough for Hangar to get the gate down. But your team has to be willing to suicide the Demos and particularly the Siege engine while on D.

Siege damage work on boss so if hes tanked by the throne glaives and demos can 3 shot him