does the black ox statue of any use while questing?

I put it out and the mobs attack it. I guess its good as a few seconds of initial dmg sponge? I take aggro immediately on attacking and never give it back.

You can Makro your taunt onto it. When you taunt the statue, you'll AoE taunt. Perfect for skittish weeks. Just taunt on CD and You'll never lose aggro.

Its use is more for mass pulling rather than keeping agro. It can keep aggro and its good for reducing your overall damage gain, but its not going to overaggro you very easily after youve already out aggroed it.
    I dont know if its still a thing but when we were boe farming at the start of the expansion people wanted a brewmaster tank, because of their statue and how it pulls everything with minimal effort. For questing its fine in areas you want to pull everything especially if you have other people in the area to help you kill them but in some places where you are looking to skip a fair portion of the mobs then its going to just keep you in combat so its bad in that sense.

any quest collection based or interact with an item you just dump your statue down out the side and ignore the mobs.(I'm looking at your azerite crap)
    Dont use statue on mobs you're going to instantly attack, throw statue down one way and tag 5 mobs out another way, when you go over to statue it will hold mobs it has fine.

Everytime you have to collect sth. i just put down my statue , collect the stuff in one area, move to the next area, by than the the statue is off cooldown again, use it again-> the old one despawns, pack 1 runs to me and on their way to me they will get aggroed by my second statue (together with new mobs)
    i repeat that until i have collected all items. A huge mob is running behind you and the statue will die fast by that point -> double chi torpedo and run a bit or shadowmeld
    mount up, gg

(Dont Shadowmeld while your statue is active, because you wont leave combat if the statue is still active)

you can use the same trick if you want to kill the pack, but be carefull to not overpull, since our self healing is limited. ( use the statue 2-3 times, depending on your gear and dps - use healing elixir)

if you are questing in warmode use the breath of fire pvp talent and spec into spitfire too. This skyrockets your aoe dmg
    Last edited by dileria; 2018-10-22 at 08:08 AM.

Deleted
    In legion it generated enough threat to keep healers and dps save, dont know about this xpac.
    It was possible to use it as an "off-tank" for mobs joining mid-fight as it also could be healed.
    But it is a nice to have in more situations than one might think at first glance.

I use it when Im lazy; if you are lazy like me, use it, otherwise RoP is far more superior.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    I use it when Im lazy; if you are lazy like me, use it, otherwise RoP is far more superior.
    For QUESTING like the OP said, absolutely not :P Black Ox is superior hands down. You'll never need RoP while you level.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    For QUESTING like the OP said, absolutely not :P Black Ox is superior hands down. You'll never need RoP while you level.
    not even for questing. you go in RJW, throw a barrel, spit fire at them, pick up loot, got to next. there literally is no need for dave unless you are the supreme of all supreme lazy.

For raiding I use him - because im lazy - on Vectis to pick up that add, sometimes my barrels takes aggro off of dave. Skittish - dont use him since he pulled 4 packs of mobs.
    Last edited by kran1um; 2018-10-25 at 03:20 PM.

not even for questing. you go in RJW, throw a barrel, spit fire at them, pick up loot, got to next. there literally is no need for dave unless you are the supreme of all supreme lazy.

For raiding I use him - because im lazy - on Vectis to pick up that add, sometimes my barrels takes aggro off of dave. Skittish - dont use him since he pulled 4 packs of mobs.
    Or for questing you pop dave, agro everything in the area including things that are constantly respawning, kill everything at once with less problems with survival since dave has some decent agro on its own. Help everyone else whos also trying to kill the same shit. And never need to move a muscle whilst completing objectives and quests 10 times faster.
    Considering you only lose RoP by taking it, theres no reason not to take it and its probably lazier not to drop it.
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2018-10-25 at 04:31 PM.

Black Ox Statue is the most useful ability for questing in the game. lol@ Ring Of Peace over it. Dave is ridiculously good, ignore Kran1um.

As someone who is literally leveling as BrM right now, this is so wrong. It takes a bit more to kill mobs than that, and if I take on 5+ enemies I'll be low health. With BoS I can pick up 10+ mobs, maybe aggro a couple, and I can AoE them all in safety. Not only that but it takes a bit more than a keg smash and BoF to kill mobs, that might take a quarter health if nothing crits or a third if you're lucky, fully kitted heirlooms with enchants. BoS is the only choice for leveling if speed and efficiency is your goal.

As someone who is literally leveling as BrM right now, this is so wrong. It takes a bit more to kill mobs than that, and if I take on 5+ enemies I'll be low health. With BoS I can pick up 10+ mobs, maybe aggro a couple, and I can AoE them all in safety. Not only that but it takes a bit more than a keg smash and BoF to kill mobs, that might take a quarter health if nothing crits or a third if you're lucky, fully kitted heirlooms with enchants. BoS is the only choice for leveling if speed and efficiency is your goal.
    would you not rip roar through quests thou as WW faster?

- - - Updated - - -

ok see its use now you can enter an area riff of aggro mobs toss it then enjoy yourself rofl. seems much more practical then the other two talents on this row.

is there a way to despawn/dismiss it on command?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    would you not rip roar through quests thou as WW faster?

- - - Updated - - -

ok see its use now you can enter an area riff of aggro mobs toss it then enjoy yourself rofl. seems much more practical then the other two talents on this row.

is there a way to despawn/dismiss it on command?
    1. no, because build up chi and huge cooldown. during leveling ww hardly hits any harder than brewmaster and by the absolut lack of any defense needs to be vary of not dying.

2. its handled like a totem, so yes: "/click TotemFrameTotem1 RightButton"

Level as WW, Why gimp yourself.

Level as WW, Why gimp yourself.
    Fun. /10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Next time u were killing world mobs try pulling 10-15 mobs and drop ur statue and watch them go ham on it. You'll always pull aggro on ur main target but the rest will keep hitting the statue. Given the short CD on it you can do this on every pull.

Second use for it is gold farming in hyper spawn areas. It makes the hole thing go alot smoother due to its relatively long range.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2018-12-02 at 05:33 PM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

You'll never need RoP while you level.
    You can bounce mobs off herb nodes, though!

7+ Year Old Account
    pull tons of stuff statue tanks while you pull more