Does anyone in-universe knows about the true power of Azeroth?

Besides the Pantheon and Sargeras, does anyone knows about Azeroth being the most powerful titan soul founded to the date? in chronicles Aman'thul mentions Azeroth is capable of defeating the "void lords" that Sargeras fears but also we have mentions and evidence about the titans being very op(even the void gods can't corrupt a full grown titan and they can only corrupt them with a mind-parasyte before they hatch from their planets and most of the pantheon though Sargeras was just exagerating things, but still did they mentioned about that discovery to Magni or he just keeping for himself that information?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Is Azeroth a titan? Where did it say that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    "Chronicle Vol. 1," and it was also covered pretty extensively in Legion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    You cant be serious, are you?

Formerly known as Arafal

0/10

OT: I don't think that anyone in universe knows about the Void Titan thing at all, much less that Azeroth is best titan. I'm not sure that she knows herself, and the Pantheon didn't seem to mention it in Antorus, unless they said something when Magni was trying to calm them after we kill Coven.

7+ Year Old Account
    OT: magni perhaps? I mean he's her speaker, so he should know of her power.

Formerly known as Arafal

Have you been paying attention to the quest text in game? They have stated repeatedly that Azeroth is a sleeping Titan and as the OP stated the most powerful ever found. Magni relays her messages to us, a number of times via quests. Sargearas wanted to both mate with and destroy Azeroth. He saw just 1 of her eyes open once and was immediately obsessed with her, but at the same time realized how powerful she was and the Old God corruption on the planet and so aimed to destroy her before she could be corrupted.

As per the OP's question no one in universe knows exactly how powerful she is to be honest. Sargeras and the Pantheon know that she's the most powerful Titan ever found but that's all. As per who else in-universe aside from Sargeras and the Pantheon, that knows that she's the most powerful Titan ever found, MAYBE Magni but I honestly doubt he knows it. As far as I know even Azeroth herself doesn't know that she's the most powerful Titan ever found.

Makes me curious as to what will happen when she does wake up though. What will happen to the planet? What will she do? After being asleep for so long and enduring all the nightmares from the Old Gods and then being stabbed by Sargeras, I shudder to think what form her vengeance might take.

Depends. If Sargeras would have ever told someone like archimonde or kil'jaeden about it the information could have spread first through the legion and then eventually to more beings.
    But i don't think there was ever a reason sargeras needed to justify what he did to anyone.
    Azeroth herself probably doesn't know that the other titans thought she was the most powerful of them. Could she have compared powers when they ordered azeroth?^^
    Does she actually know what she is or what she will become? If she doesn't know it, magni also does not.

I don't take Chronicles as gospel, and have stressed that from the moment it got released. Blizzard worships at the altar of "the rule of cool" and it is 100% certain they will trash the chronicles books if and when they want some cool lore. I also warned everyone the second the announced the chronicles to not EVER take the chronicles book seriously because it will only lead to anger, arguments, flaming, and disappointment.

If you want to say "the chronicles tell us Azeroth is the most powerful titan"....yah, don't do that.

They didn't release those books to be gospels. They released them to make money off of people who like lore.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I don't take Chronicles as gospel, and have stressed that from the moment it got released. Blizzard worships at the altar of "the rule of cool" and it is 100% certain they will trash the chronicles books if and when they want some cool lore. I also warned everyone the second the announced the chronicles to not EVER take the chronicles book seriously because it will only lead to anger, arguments, flaming, and disappointment.

If you want to say "the chronicles tell us Azeroth is the most powerful titan"....yah, don't do that.

They didn't release those books to be gospels. They released them to make money off of people who like lore.
    Using this logic you might as well say people shouldn't talk about lore at all because Blizzard will just retcon whatever they want anyway. No shit it's not gospel, but until something in-game contradicts it, it's still true and worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You cant be serious, are you?
    You can't answer my question, can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I have seen, read and witnessed, I do not believe that anyone knows. If they do, they are keeping their mouths tightly shut because gods know what idiot would use that information to do.

PC: (Case) Phanteks - Eclipse P300, (Power Supply) Apevia - 750W ATX, (Vid) MSI - Radeon RX 580, (HD) Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB, (SSD) Transcend - MTS600
    (RAM) Corsair - 8GB x2, (Motherboard) ASRock - AB350, (CPU) AMD - Ryzen 5 1400, (OS) W10

----------------
    WoW player, GW2 Dabbler and the Girl Who Went Chasing Owls.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can't answer my question, can you?
    Your question was answered. You're being purposely obtuse.

As to the question, if Magni went to the leaders of the factions and the leaders of the various races to tell them about it, I wonder if those leaders told their subjects about it. I can't imagine the player character on their quest to save Azeroth start up a conversation with every individual they come across with, "DID YE' KNOW THAT AZEROTH IS DYIN', LAD?"

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Your question was answered. You're being purposely obtuse.

As to the question, if Magni went to the leaders of the factions and the leaders of the various races to tell them about it, I wonder if those leaders told their subjects about it. I can't imagine the player character on their quest to save Azeroth start up a conversation with every individual they come across with, "DID YE' KNOW THAT AZEROTH IS DYIN', LAD?"
    Just trying to show him the effect his response has.

I never came across anything in game that said Azeroth is a titan to my knowledge and I read every quest. It might have been when I got the heart of azeroth, but I don't remember him ever saying azeroth is a titan. Also don't know why or how we are talking with Magni.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2018-11-04 at 11:46 PM.

The Old Gods and Void Lords surely know how powerful she's capable of being, but this was also said before Argus was revealed to be a Titan aswell. I'm also sure that many beings in the universe know she's the current strongest as the others are all heavily depowered at the moment, with her being the only one capable of being at Titan level(Sargeras is nowhere near as powerful as he once was).

On full grown titans being corrupted, the Void Lords couldn't corrupt them from the void(they also can't corrupt baby titans from the void either) so they threw some parasites into our world that would infest the fetus of a Titan, making it be born into a void titan(we presume). However, if a Void Lord were to physically enter the universe, there's no telling if they could or couldn't corrupt a titan. Sargeras clearly is capable of corrupting his fellow titans, but that could be because they're power is so diminished, but following the process of beating them to death and corrupting most likely could be done too.

Also Aman'thul "claimed" Azeroth was powerful enough to defeat the Void Lords, without knowing anything of the Void Lords. Sargeras on the otherhand feared the Void Lords like crazy.

Oh... Wrathion probably knows, maybe RaDen and LeiShen(maybe not so much him) and maybe Nozdormu cause he knows the future.
    - - - Updated - - -

I never came across anything in game that said Azeroth is a titan to my knowledge and I read every quest.
    It's been speculated for a long time, with it being obvious in MoP and finally confirmed in Legion by Magni.

The ingame reveal I believe is early Legion when we're called to Ulduar to speak to Magni. It's also Magni who warns the Alliance of the Legion invasion because Azeroth knew it was coming.

Then when fighting Gul'dan and "the Demon Within" there's this line
    The Demon Within yells: He will... yet claim... this titan...
    And also idk where it is, if it's in game or not, but Sargeras apparently saw Azeroth open her eye and fell in love with that unborn baby(Jacob imprinting style!) maybe one of the warlock artifact's lore.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2018-11-05 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Using this logic you might as well say people shouldn't talk about lore at all because Blizzard will just retcon whatever they want anyway. No shit it's not gospel, but until something in-game contradicts it, it's still true and worth discussing.
    Not in every case. Some artists take incredible pains to keep their lore straight. Its just that in Blizzard's case, lore isn't taken that seriously. WoW lore is best used a guide to maybe hint at what's next with full realization that have can and will change it on a whim.

Its REALLY cringey to start saying "well its in the chronicle book and that's final!" That's not the idea here.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    0/10

OT: I don't think that anyone in universe knows about the Void Titan thing at all, much less that Azeroth is best titan. I'm not sure that she knows herself, and the Pantheon didn't seem to mention it in Antorus, unless they said something when Magni was trying to calm them after we kill Coven.
    That is a possibility but blizzard usually tell things straighfoward so the players get the information as well and probably with knowing the planet was ok was good enough and wanted to imprison Sargeras as soon as possible without any meaningful conversation, however maybe Illidan will get this information since he is with the titans and probably he will ask them something like: Why you were so interested on my world?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    OT: magni perhaps? I mean he's her speaker, so he should know of her power.
    Possible but maybe they want to left that ambigous to speculate and we need confirmation if she knows the reach of her power.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    Have you been paying attention to the quest text in game? They have stated repeatedly that Azeroth is a sleeping Titan and as the OP stated the most powerful ever found. Magni relays her messages to us, a number of times via quests. Sargearas wanted to both mate with and destroy Azeroth. He saw just 1 of her eyes open once and was immediately obsessed with her, but at the same time realized how powerful she was and the Old God corruption on the planet and so aimed to destroy her before she could be corrupted.

As per the OP's question no one in universe knows exactly how powerful she is to be honest. Sargeras and the Pantheon know that she's the most powerful Titan ever found but that's all. As per who else in-universe aside from Sargeras and the Pantheon, that knows that she's the most powerful Titan ever found, MAYBE Magni but I honestly doubt he knows it. As far as I know even Azeroth herself doesn't know that she's the most powerful Titan ever found.

Makes me curious as to what will happen when she does wake up though. What will happen to the planet? What will she do? After being asleep for so long and enduring all the nightmares from the Old Gods and then being stabbed by Sargeras, I shudder to think what form her vengeance might take.
    Azeroth seem to be very smart so she probably has concluded the reason why she is always attacked by others comic forces is because she is above the average titan power levels and those beings are really OP to the point they can practically do anything and only another Titan is capable of kill them. I too wonder what would she do when wake, some people has theorized she will create his own "legion" to fight back the void and whatever cosmic entity that dears to attack this plane and take the fight in their domain(void lords, maybe the light lords as well),something like we did with Ragnaros but in a cosmic scale or maybe she will fuse all of this realms into one but since the reality of warcraft was made with arcane that will give her the edge to finish them or maybe her own power is capable to surpass them, after all she can easily become into the Azathoth of warcraft with controlling all the cosmic forces

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Depends. If Sargeras would have ever told someone like archimonde or kil'jaeden about it the information could have spread first through the legion and then eventually to more beings.
    But i don't think there was ever a reason sargeras needed to justify what he did to anyone.
    Azeroth herself probably doesn't know that the other titans thought she was the most powerful of them. Could she have compared powers when they ordered azeroth?^^
    Does she actually know what she is or what she will become? If she doesn't know it, magni also does not.
    Well certantly she never had the chance to test her might but we know she has become sentient for a time and probably she has figure out why she is so wished so much, I mean Sargeras usually cleaves planets or the legion outright destroy the world but in her case they never did any harm except for the tantrum of Sargeras by the end of legion "IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, NO ONE WILL" but I guess in the case Magni or her actually knows, it's for the better to not reveal that information yet, the void knows and probably the light has noticed that as well but they never had the chance to get very close(illidan was their best shot but it didn't work well) however they mention in the blizzcon we are gonna to see Yrel again and now Calia is infused with the light and maybe others forces will take interest with the plane, we saw that with Aluneth wanting to "reshape" the world.
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

Well so far, Chronicles have not been contradicted.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    The Old Gods and Void Lords surely know how powerful she's capable of being, but this was also said before Argus was revealed to be a Titan aswell. I'm also sure that many beings in the universe know she's the current strongest as the others are all heavily depowered at the moment, with her being the only one capable of being at Titan level(Sargeras is nowhere near as powerful as he once was).

On full grown titans being corrupted, the Void Lords couldn't corrupt them from the void(they also can't corrupt baby titans from the void either) so they threw some parasites into our world that would infest the fetus of a Titan, making it be born into a void titan(we presume). However, if a Void Lord were to physically enter the universe, there's no telling if they could or couldn't corrupt a titan. Sargeras clearly is capable of corrupting his fellow titans, but that could be because they're power is so diminished, but following the process of beating them to death and corrupting most likely could be done too.

Also Aman'thul "claimed" Azeroth was powerful enough to defeat the Void Lords, without knowing anything of the Void Lords. Sargeras on the otherhand feared the Void Lords like crazy.

Oh... Wrathion probably knows, maybe RaDen and LeiShen(maybe not so much him) and maybe Nozdormu cause he knows the future.
    Well hello mike, nice to see you commenting here, you are right with some points but i must disagree with a few one.

1)The void lords are capable of whispering people into madness and the book establish they tried to do that with Pantheon without any result, also the book mention they feel envy with the power of the Titans which could mean 1 titan is more powerful than 1 void lord but they may have the numbers to compensate that aka zerg and win, besides Xal confirmed the creature that consumed the world of the Ethereals is a Void lord(or an avatar) but said avatar wasn't something powerful enough to require a raid and he already consumed a world, so he wasn't weak by starvation.

2)Aman'thul claim has a lot of weight because the world soul of Azeroth was more powerful than any member of the current pantheon and like I previously said, we don't know the real power of the void lords, maybe they instructed the dreadlords(the ones who telled Sargeras about the whole thing) to overhype their power, so he will wipe the pantheon and destroy any potential new born titan that could arise and oppose them when they finish to corrupt azeroth, remember they have 5 agents on Azeroth and most of the people over there are easy to corrupt which could make the transition more smoothly and if you think about that, Sargeras fell into the trap and N'zoth/Xal had a lot of chances to corrupt the world currently

3)Doubt Wrathion and Ra-den knows more than currently we know, he even got amnesia after eating the heart of Lei-Shen and the later guy is MIA and doubt he will appear again.

Well all the other titans are currently busy keeping Sargeras locked up as far as we can tell, so she's not only the most powerful, but really the only titan we can count on right now.

Not looking good for Team Us. Best case scenarios seems like we'd have an infant titan to babysit and a nice Outland-styled landmass to cling to once she breaks out of her shell.